1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by TheVisionarySoul, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Bocabear

Bocabear Well-Known Member

but that's all subjective...some things are more important to some people than other things...
    Critique is good, discussion is good, let's just not attack each other. that's all.

2. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

I'm against not building new for something as important as one of the very select few Marvel IPs that can be used in WDW.
    Not really or else he wouldn't be throwing so much at Star Wars. In that case, he does see a risk of screwing it up.

HMF likes this.
  3. L.C. Clench

L.C. Clench Well-Known Member

Star Wars is about as risk free as you can get and they are already going as low risk as possible with it.

There is 40+ years of evidence that people will throw money at anything that says Star Wars and people are already salivating at playing around in a themed flea market with two new rides and a hotel as an attraction.

If it was Brave Little Toaster land I'd say that's a risk. Star Wars land not so much.

4. L.C. Clench

But not everyone thinks that the DCA Tower change sucks. Some people are excited about the change.

Is it just don't be negative unless is something I think is negative and then feel free to be negative.

egg likes this.
  5. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

Of course he does because it's his acquired IP. He wants HIS legacy to be good even if it means crapping on Michael's, or Card's or Walt's or even George's. All of whom he is barely a shadow compared to.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  6. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

The risk comes from having to do as much as they're doing to impress people or else they would've had more than just us here berating them on a terrible job. When's the last time they built a single land with two side-by-side E Tickets?

Exactly.

Kman101 and PorterRedkey like this.
  7. jt04

jt04 Well-Known Member

Yes, those who have grown up during the comic book movie era are much more likely to approve of the change. I am sure many see the old tower as old-fashioned.

Of course they should keep the Orlando version as is on the outside at least since it is so much better themed and is timeless because of that fact. IMO.

8. L.C. Clench

I'll hold my belief on any of it until it's done. We've all seen concept art disappear, things announced never show up and things built that were shells of the original design. At this point I have faith they will call the area Star Wars land and outside of that I'm taking the wait and see approach. I'm actually more confident they'll do a good job on the hotel since they have a plan to get maximum money out of it.

9. L.C. Clench

I don't think it's simply growing up in the comic book movie era. This is one I don't really have a big issue with and unless the comic book movie you are referring to is Flash Gordon I'm probably a bit older. I'd like to see how the ride itself plays out before making a final decision on it but as a surface idea I have much less concern with this than I did the Frozen crud in EPCOT

10. HauntedPirate

HauntedPirate Premium Member

It's not. WDW Splash is much better than it's DL counterpart, IMHO.

PorterRedkey and Mike S like this.
  11. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

Every half witted Armchair Imagineering has said to build more Star Wars. Disney has had the theme park rights for decades. Work on the land only came after it was essentially demanded by Wall Street because it is so obvious.

CanadianGordon and HMF like this.
  12. Mike S

Mike S Well-Known Member

And it's being done to a level way above the usual "good enough." They don't want to risk screwing it up.

That's my point.

13. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member

It's hard to have a constructive discussion though when people rail against anything and everything...

I am by no means defending Disney, but I also am going to enjoy the past instead of trying to live in it, even though the past was superior.

14. RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1 Well-Known Member

Negativity is necessary if someone or something feels wronged. The passion on these forums is fueled by an original basis of positive experiences. The negativity exemplified on these boards are when individuals feel that something will affect future positive experiences.

Cynicism is good and healthy. I truly believe that people that see only positive things are delusional.

DisneyExpert, *Q*, Mike S and 4 others like this.
  15. David2319

David2319 Well-Known Member

Don't put words in my mouth. I've repeated multiple times that I don't like the way things are being run. I hate Frozen: Ever After's placement, I hate Gotg taking over Tot. You seem to be "inferring" that I am delusional... wrong in two ways. I don't like tons of things Disney does, but I also love some things they still do. Pandora being a perfect example. Just look at basically anything new that Disney does even if it's good: it's instantly riled with just nonsense, so of course Disney doesn't care what we think because anything they do gets excessively criticized. If we criticise the worst, and stop panning the good frankly I think things would be better.

I don't like IPs being shoehorned where they don't belong. I don't like the budget cuts, but it's 100% confirmed that they are revving things back up.

And even as things are lightening up for Pandora almost everytime there's a photo someone has to criticise it in some way.

Choose your battles to win the best.

Kman101 likes this.
  16. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

Assuming that at least some of Disney management read (or assign other people to read) these forums to keep a sense of what the diehard fan community is talking about, it gives them a sense of what the "Disneyphiles" (or Disney Freaks, AKA "nutters") are noticing, ignoring, or reacting to, real or planted news about what's happening, what might be happening, and/or what they might leak might be happening but really have no intention of doing.

17. jt04

jt04 Well-Known Member

Cynicism is a dead end. It shouldn't be confused with being critical or preferably constructive criticisms. But nearly an entire generation has been convinced otherwise. Critical thinking will make a return I as there will inevitably be a backlash against such unfounded pessimism as it exists lately.

egg and Marc Davis Fan like this.
  18. jt04

jt04 Well-Known Member

Perhaps you aren't the target audience. Not everyone is going to like RnRC. Variety is a plus.

19. L.C. Clench

Yeah I wouldn't care if they simply redid RnRC either. Outside of the launch I don't see anything special with it and the black light street signs aren't some magical scenery to lose. The only Marvel movies I've really seen are the 2 Cap movies and GotG so I don't really have a connection to those either. Maybe if I did I'd want more for GotG but it replacing something that's already run its course and possibly breathing new energy into it is fine with me.

Fox&Hound likes this.
  20. nickys

nickys Well-Known Member

Well I may be almost alone in this, but this has made my day. Thanks Martin! Still gutted by GMR news but at least my favourite show is staying.

Princess Leia and egg like this.