News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

What's the latest on requirements aboard boat transport? Outside of the launches, which had no requirement for a long while.

Boats, along with buses and monorails have to follow federal TSA requirements for public transportation, so masks still required. Current requirement is through April 18, although the Senate passed a resolution to end it.

ToTBellHop

It was bi-partisan, believe it or not. The vote was 57-40.

Because it is time for it to go…when you have governors of every flavor dropping school mask mandates and focusing on gas prices, you know everyone wants business as usual.

My local gas prices fell 30 cents today! Only cost one arm and I keep my leg for another week.

correcaminos

Boats, along with buses and monorails have to follow federal TSA requirements for public transportation, so masks still required. Current requirement is through April 18, although the Senate passed a resolution to end it.
They are not required on boats to MK from resorts or the ferry. Skipped the friendship boats. Here today.

Masks are required on bus and monorail. I've seen masks available at each monorail station. Some buses too.

ToTBellHop

Netherlands had one of the early stealth omicron surges and seems to have already crested. Let’s hope it is equally short-lived elsewhere.

Numbers still decreasing in America and we have stealth omicron. I’m hopeful that we will be on a similar trajectory as France.

As for antibodies lasting 20 months, they can, but that isn’t the norm. People are getting reinfected with new variants far sooner than that. Obviously. With natural infection, it will always vary from person to person depending on severity of infection, your immune response, and which types of antibody you produced (briefly, there are 5 types and they all last for different periods of time). Similarly, some of us have memory cells remain active longer than they do in others. This is not unlike every other cell type in humans.

And I wasn’t suggesting those who were jabbed are heroes. It is far less risky than trying to rely on natural infections though. Natural infection leads to longer infection and higher risk of mutation (i.e. Variant production). I wasn’t celebrating myself staying out of the hospital. I was celebrating the vaccine keeping me out of the hospital. And it is demonstrably true that the vaccines have kept many out of the hospital and above ground.

Last edited:

Heelz2315

Netherlands had one of the early stealth omicron surges and seems to have already crested. Let’s hope it is equally short-lived elsewhere.

Numbers still decreasing in America and we have stealth omicron. I’m hopeful that we will be on a similar trajectory as France.

As for antibodies lasting 20 months, they can, but that isn’t the norm. People are getting reinfected with new variants far sooner than that. Obviously. With natural infection, it will always vary from person to person depending on severity of infection, your immune response, and which types of antibody you produced (briefly, there are 5 types and they all last for different periods of time). Similarly, some of us have memory cells remain active longer than they do in others. This is not unlike every other cell type in humans.

And I wasn’t suggesting those who were jabbed are heroes. It is far less risky than trying to rely on natural infections though. Natural infection leads to longer infection and higher risk of mutation (i.e. Variant production). I wasn’t celebrating myself staying out of the hospital. I was celebrating the vaccine keeping me out of the hospital. And it is demonstrably true that the vaccines have kept many out of the hospital and above ground.
From th e looks of it Germany has crested and falling as well

1647518486651.png

Touchdown

Not sure what you mean by that, US omicron spike was about two weeks after the UK's

View attachment 627143
One could argue we’ve already seen a divergence, our post omicron trough has gone far deeper and lasted longer then the UK. If you go back to Fall 2021 you notice another divergence where US cases stay higher while the UK dips. We have had far more recent Covid natural immunity (<6 months sine infection.)

This, I hope, will mean that we will have a much smaller 02 bump then the UK. We shall see…

ToTBellHop

One could argue we’ve already seen a divergence, our post omicron trough has gone far deeper and lasted longer then the UK. If you go back to Fall 2021 you notice another divergence where US cases stay higher while the UK dips. We have had far more recent Covid natural immunity (<6 months sine infection.)

This, I hope, will mean that we will have a much smaller 02 bump then the UK. We shall see…
My relatively-basic knowledge of immunology suggests it should but this virus has been stumping M.D./Ph.D.s in the field. So…let’s hope? The fact that we have not sharply increased yet when BA.2 has been circulating for several weeks is curious. It’s likely already overtaking the original omicron in some areas of the US (e.g. the Northeast) but there may simply not be enough hosts available right now. It’s been doubling quickly (11% last week, near 25% of cases now) yet total cases still fall. Let’s see what happens once it hits 50%.

Last edited:

Lilofan

What's the latest on requirements aboard boat transport? Outside of the launches, which had no requirement for a long while.
Better learn how to swim if overboard. There are still 🐊🐊🐊 🐍🐍🐍 in Seven Seas Lagoon even after the fatal attack on the 2 year old guest.

SCB1012

They are not required on boats to MK from resorts or the ferry. Skipped the friendship boats. Here today.

Masks are required on bus and monorail. I've seen masks available at each monorail station. Some buses too.
How much are they enforced on buses and monorails? I'd assume buses is up to the driver but monorails have individual cars so I can't see how they'd police that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom