Disney Love

stitch rocks

TRITON4ME said:
I have freedom and I'm lovin it! Finally, no one to ask: where are you going? what time are you getting back? and my favorite: what were you thinking?

Yes! I'm FREE! I'll never go back! NEVER!:lol:

Lets see here would should I do tonight? --- Hmmmmm how about whatever I want!

i finally got my freedom back! :sohappy: :sohappy: watch out boys jenn is back in town! :lol:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
stitch rocks said:
what can i say... i live in a city where theres lots and lots of hot guys... i can't help it, i want them all! :lol:

Unfortunatley, you live in a city where most of the hot boys, well, want hot boys........ :lol: :lookaroun

AliciaLuvzDizne

TRITON4ME said:
I have freedom and I'm lovin it! Finally, no one to ask: where are you going? what time are you getting back? and my favorite: what were you thinking?

Yes! I'm FREE! I'll never go back! NEVER!:lol:

Lets see here would should I do tonight? --- Hmmmmm how about whatever I want!
well dont get me wrong
i DO whatever i want still...i AM 23. its just i dont like the looks or the questions "just out of curiosity (yeah right)"

egionet

AliciaLuvzDizne said:
well dont get me wrong
i DO whatever i want still...i AM 23. its just i dont like the looks or the questions "just out of curiosity (yeah right)"

I'm the same way. My parents don't care where I go or if/when I come home. It's just the fact that I lived away for 5 years. And unlike a lot of people, I went to far away for school (Clemson University in SC - Go Tigers) and then I did the CP! So I got very used to being on my own. Only a couple of months and I'm moving back to Florida because I'll finally have enough money saved. Thank goodness! :sohappy:

barnum42

AliciaLuvzDizne said:
well dont get me wrong
They were not really problematic questions for me when I lived at home at that age - my folks ran a pub and needed to know at the end of the day whether to fully lock up or not - that is make sure they did not lock me out if I came in late!

All of which came back to me a few years ago when I was staying at their house over New Years, but had gone to a friend's house to see the new year in. I got back to my folks at about four in the morning, opened the door and there is my Mother at the door - she was actually en-route to the bathroom, but I cracked a joke about her not having to wait up for me as I'm all grown up now :lol:

AliciaLuvzDizne

lol i kinda laugh at my mom a little when she's awake when i get home too
she always wants to know what i did and where i went...i dont always want to tell her ;)

not that i have anything to do
thats why there's a disney love thread
:kiss:

wannabeBelle

AliciaLuvzDizne said:
lol i kinda laugh at my mom a little when she's awake when i get home too
she always wants to know what i did and where i went...i dont always want to tell her ;)

not that i have anything to do
thats why there's a disney love thread
:kiss:
be grateful that you have parents who care enough to care where you are going, what you are doing and with whom. Not telling her everything is part of growing up. I never told my mom much when I lived at home either. It is obvious that your Mom loves you as does mine. Never a bad thing but too many adults under one roof dont mix well. I enjoy living on my own and prefer it this way. I go visit my parents fairly frequently as they are only about 20 minutes away from me. That is a good mix for all the parties involved!!! Belle

AliciaLuvzDizne

there is 3 generations of women under this roof
sometimes we get a little bit in each others way.

unfortuantely i just learned today that i will not be moving out on my own for QUITE a long time
:(

unless this thread and the singles thread produces me a RICH disney lover who will also love me. (not that money ever made anyone happy anyways)

TRITON4ME

Account Suspended
AliciaLuvzDizne said:
well dont get me wrong

Well seing that your 23 I hope you have the freedom to do whatever you want! I just love how I have to face the consequnces of my decisions by myself. For example if I have a little too much to drink, there is no mommy and daddy topick you up so you just have to stumble home by yourself and deal with your own stupidity. And trust me, I have done some pretty stupid things already and I have only been by myself now for 5 months! Well now I'm finally starting to realize that my freedom is a privledge and if I continue doing stupid things my parents could send me home anytime. THAT WOULD SUCK!

AliciaLuvzDizne

TRITON4ME said:
Well seing that your 23 I hope you have the freedom to do whatever you want! I just love how I have to face the consequnces of my decisions by myself. For example if I have a little too much to drink, there is no mommy and daddy topick you up so you just have to stumble home by yourself and deal with your own stupidity. And trust me, I have done some pretty stupid things already and I have only been by myself now for 5 months! Well now I'm finally starting to realize that my freedom is a privledge and if I continue doing stupid things my parents could send me home anytime. THAT WOULD SUCK!
ooooooh you drink underage!! ;)
good for you for learning how to deal with maturity and freedom!! i've ALWAYS said that, in college, you learn more in life and expierence than you do in classrooms.

stitch rocks

TRITON4ME said:
For example if I have a little too much to drink, there is no mommy and daddy topick you up so you just have to stumble home by yourself and deal with your own stupidity. And trust me, I have done some pretty stupid things already and I have only been by myself now for 5 months! Well now I'm finally starting to realize that my freedom is a privledge and if I continue doing stupid things my parents could send me home anytime. THAT WOULD SUCK!

yes freedom is a privledge... i enjoy every minute of it... but as for stupid things in college... it's part of growing up. just remember to party with people you know, make sure that u know ur limit and always have someone there who will take care of u (thats my job at parties... sounds boring but the info u get is great for blackmail :lol: ). Just remember not to get caught drinking on campus... cuz thats the worse ever since ur under age. your only in college once... live it up!

barnum42

AliciaLuvzDizne said:
unless this thread and the singles thread produces me a RICH disney lover who will also love me. (not that money ever made anyone happy anyways)
As Spike Milligan said, "Money won't buy you happiness, but it will buy you a more comfortable form of misery." :lol:

Gucci65

You guys are being a bit harsh on your parents! They only ask about what you are doing because they are concerned about your well-being. My DD is 13 and of course I'm gonna ask what, where, why & when. When she eventually goes to college & comes home on the weekends - I'll be asking her what time she will be home at & with whom she is going.

Let me go one step further and say my Mom still asks me some of the same questions (and I'm 39). She probably asks them because I am a single female w/ certain responsbilities (the kid) and IF I happen to not come home she will need to know how long to wait before contacting the National Guard in order to find me.

Freedom is great, but it comes with a great deal of responsbility. Quit knocking your parents. They will be there for you when NO ONE ELSE IS!!! :wave:

AliciaLuvzDizne

Gucci65 said:
You guys are being a bit harsh on your parents! They only ask about what you are doing because they are concerned about your well-being. My DD is 13 and of course I'm gonna ask what, where, why & when. When she eventually goes to college & comes home on the weekends - I'll be asking her what time she will be home at & with whom she is going.

Let me go one step further and say my Mom still asks me some of the same questions (and I'm 39). She probably asks them because I am a single female w/ certain responsbilities (the kid) and IF I happen to not come home she will need to know how long to wait before contacting the National Guard in order to find me.

Freedom is great, but it comes with a great deal of responsbility. Quit knocking your parents. They will be there for you when NO ONE ELSE IS!!! :wave:
everyone raises kids differently but may i just suggest one thing about when your daughter goes off to college. when she's at school you really will have no idea what she's up to and when. both of you are going to do a lot of growing that first year. try not to be too much down her back about who what where why and when (after 18 anyways)

and i didnt knock my mom. i was just saying, i miss not having to answer to anyone. its like growing up and then going backwards when you get home.

egionet

Gucci65 said:

I agree with you 100%. Even though my parents can be huge pains in the butt sometimes, they are only doing it because they want to make sure I'm okay. They want to see me happy and safe.

And honestly, I can't say anything bad about my parents. They have given me everything I needed (and pretty much wanted) for the past 24 years without any questions asked. And currently I live in their house free of charge. They pay for everything including my car, my food, my cell phone (we have a family plan, that's why), and a lot of other things. I only pay for my clothes, going out (including my upcoming trip to Disney), and my student loan. Basically I'm a spoiled brat, and I know it. And when I get out in the real world and have to pay for everything on my own, it's going to be a swift kick in the rear end. And I know that too.

Overall, my parents rock, and I don't take them for granted, even when they drive me nuts. But of course, that's what parents are supposed to do at this age.

AliciaLuvzDizne

yay spoiled brats unite!! :D

my dad spoiled me definately.

my mom is really trying to take care of me, since right now im only making $8 an hour (which isnt enough to even pay for my health insurance) :(

sigh...it'll get better, right?? i mean i didnt waste my time with college did i?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom