Disney Love

egionet

AliciaLuvzDizne said:
sigh...it'll get better, right?? i mean i didnt waste my time with college did i?

I ask myself the same question everyday. 5 years and a degree is psychology to make $10.50 an hour and change diapers for a living. So not worth it. Hopefully I'll get into grad school and things will get better for me!

wannabeBelle

egionet said:
I agree with you 100%. Even though my parents can be huge pains in the butt sometimes, they are only doing it because they want to make sure I'm okay. They want to see me happy and safe.

And honestly, I can't say anything bad about my parents. They have given me everything I needed (and pretty much wanted) for the past 24 years without any questions asked. And currently I live in their house free of charge. They pay for everything including my car, my food, my cell phone (we have a family plan, that's why), and a lot of other things. I only pay for my clothes, going out (including my upcoming trip to Disney), and my student loan. Basically I'm a spoiled brat, and I know it. And when I get out in the real world and have to pay for everything on my own, it's going to be a swift kick in the rear end. And I know that too.

Overall, my parents rock, and I don't take them for granted, even when they drive me nuts. But of course, that's what parents are supposed to do at this age.
Absolutely brilliant!!! I like to think I had a pretty good grasp of this at your age as well. You obviously have a great grasp on life and know where you are headed and are smart enough to hang onto a good thing while you can!!! Belle

Gucci65

If a parent is doing their job correctly - they will be a huge pain in your butt! Think of it an investment. You buy a car, you wash the car, you maintain your car and get annoyed if someone leans, scratches or hits it.

Kids are in investment as well. Only much more time & money is involved. Your parents ask these questions because they are invested in you.

Hey, my own Mom can still get on my nerves so I do know what your talking about.

It just seemed that for a few hours there you guys were ganging up on the rents. So I felt the need to defend them.

Alicia - I will try not to bug my DD when she goes to college. I probably won't have time. I'm gonna need to work another job in order to get her thru 8 years of school. :hammer:

AliciaLuvzDizne

Gucci65 said:
If a parent is doing their job correctly - they will be a huge pain in your butt! Think of it an investment. You buy a car, you wash the car, you maintain your car and get annoyed if someone leans, scratches or hits it.

Kids are in investment as well. Only much more time & money is involved. Your parents ask these questions because they are invested in you.

Hey, my own Mom can still get on my nerves so I do know what your talking about.

It just seemed that for a few hours there you guys were ganging up on the rents. So I felt the need to defend them.

Alicia - I will try not to bug my DD when she goes to college. I probably won't have time. I'm gonna need to work another job in order to get her thru 8 years of school. :hammer:
:lol: yeah college takes a long time for some ;)

AliciaLuvzDizne

stitch rocks said:
omg.. i almost fell in love with this boy who has the same eeyore umbrella as me...
sometimes thats all it takes! :lol:

ok so i signed up for eharmony.com a couple of weeks ago. i got matched up with this guy and we started chatting on aim. its not like a love connection yet or anything but so far.
a) he works in the next town over from me (at the same high school as my godmother)
b) he went to college 15 minutes away from me, and goes to all the same bars that i do.
c) last night he was telling me that he might go to this "line dancing club right near my house" (um the SAME club that I go to with my friends all the time)
d) we both like family guy (well who doesnt)

lol lots of things in common so far! lets hope he's cute!

egionet said:
I agree, I love the smile. I figured I suffered through 4 years of braces, therefore the guy should have too!

But I have to say I'm definitely a butt girl. I hate guys with flat rears. Something nice and muscley. :sohappy:

Time to start lookin at hockey players

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom