Disney Looking To Re-Open Some Clubs at PI For the Holiday Season?

Master Gracey

PI is D-E-A-D ... it isn't coming back to life, folks.

Not in a perfect world, let alone a very imperfect World.

Let the corpse go, mourn and move along.

Actually, Pleasure Island is far from dead. It is not a corpse and in time (possibly sooner than later) it will be recucitated. We, the hopefull throngs, are going to continue to provide Pleasure Island (especially the Adventurers Club) CPR until Disney decided to play doctor and cure their malpractice!

You are a walking contradiction. You make a thread complaining about how stale WDW is, cuts, etc, but you are dead set on being against PI when it's being replaced by the very things that are the problem with WDW (stale, unimaginative shops and dining.) PI needed some freshening up, sure. The Adventurers Club should not die, and it never will completely because people like me will continue to keep it alive in our thoughts, hearts, and actions. Adventurers are reckless, brave, and loyal, and valiant to the end.

Agreed, Kungaloosh!! :wave:

chaggy102

You are a walking contradiction. You make a thread complaining about how stale WDW is, cuts, etc, but you are dead set on being against PI when it's being replaced by the very things that are the problem with WDW (stale, unimaginative shops and dining.) PI needed some freshening up, sure. The Adventurers Club should not die, and it never will completely because people like me will continue to keep it alive in our thoughts, hearts, and actions. Adventurers are reckless, brave, and loyal, and valiant to the end.

If you come in here a Stranger...you will exit as a friend...

KUNGALOOSH!!!!!

CaptainMichael

If you come in here a Stranger...you will exit as a friend...

KUNGALOOSH!!!!!

Now, we turn to our Head Gleemeister for the 3rd part of our new member induction ceremony.

Colonel?

*silence*

Ah, he's off duty, so we need to get him off...off duty! Sickos!

On the count of 3, everyone yell, "free drink Colonel!"

1, 2, 3 FREE DRINK COLONEL!

"Gin and Tonic please"

:cry:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I don't care either way since I'm not an AC fan but I was in Epcot Saturday with a friend and they noticed one of the performers from AC working in the UK improv show. He said, "Don't count on AC reopening for Christmas. It isn't gonna happen".

Not sure how much he knows but you would think he'd be pretty close to it. Sorry folks. Just reporting what I heard.

Mr.EPCOT

PI is D-E-A-D ... it isn't coming back to life, folks.

Not in a perfect world, let alone a very imperfect World.

Let the corpse go, mourn and move along.

I can accept the rest of Pleasure Island staying dead, but I will never give up hope on a return of the Adventurers Club. Stranger things have happened, and at the Adventurers Club, they often do!

I can tell you, though, that you pessimistic folks can certainly give up on trying to force your negativity onto others. All you are doing is making it appear that you are trying to anger and upset people.

KUNGALOOSH!!!

jedimaster1227

I don't care either way since I'm not an AC fan but I was in Epcot Saturday with a friend and they noticed one of the performers from AC working in the UK improv show. He said, "Don't count on AC reopening for Christmas. It isn't gonna happen".

Not sure how much he knows but you would think he'd be pretty close to it. Sorry folks. Just reporting what I heard.

Yep. Jim is right in reporting this--I was there when it was said. I've checked back in with those people that told me that the clubs may re-open and they seem to be a little less sure now... Thats not to say that it isn't still possible, just not as likely as we thought originally.

A more positive note though, P.I. Live is now broadcasting once more which kept the crowded area far more entertained in the gloomy island...

Master Gracey

. . .All you are doing is making it appear that you are trying to anger and upset people.

So, in the words of Otis T. Wren, "you can just go somewhere else and be bitter!"

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!
KUNGALOOSH!

So, in the words of Otis T. Wren, "you can just go somewhere else and be bitter!"

KUNGALOOSH!

:ROFLOL: I miss it sooo much :cry: Come back soon Otis, Pamelia, Hathaway, Fletcher, Samantha, Emil, Colonel, Yakoose, Babalonia, Fingers, Beezle and all our other friends!

WDW1974

Just a quick post ... I am not trying to be negative or positive or anything but realistic.

The AC is dead and it isn't coming back any more than Horizons ... or Mission to Mars ... or SuperStar Television or If You had Wings etc...

If it makes anyone feel better by talking about the place then that's cool, but when you start creating rumor with no basis in fact that's when I take issue. Stuff like that winds up taking on a life of its own and spreading to other places which somehow then lends legitimacy to the original rumor (you know, the one with no basis in fact).

Anyway, I've said my piece. I'm not trying to rain on your pity parade, but the facts are the facts.

I'm not directing this at anybody in particular but I don't understand how anybody can come on this board and proclaim that "Adventurers Club is not a coming back" as a fact. It is not a FACT, it is an OPINION. None of you know any more than we do. There is always a chance. This is not a living creature that when its dead, its dead. This is an establishment that can be reopened or rebuilt.

Does anybody watch a show called Family Guy? Did any of you watch it 1999-2002? I did and I was outraged when it was cancelled. It was in the exact same place that AC is right now. Well, there's Family Guy on my TV Sunday nights.

Adventurers Club CAN come back. WILL it come back? Your guess is just as good as mine. That is me being realistic.

Kungaloosh Adventurers!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Just a quick post ... I am not trying to be negative or positive or anything but realistic.

The AC is dead and it isn't coming back any more than Horizons ... or Mission to Mars ... or SuperStar Television or If You had Wings etc...

If it makes anyone feel better by talking about the place then that's cool, but when you start creating rumor with no basis in fact that's when I take issue. Stuff like that winds up taking on a life of its own and spreading to other places which somehow then lends legitimacy to the original rumor (you know, the one with no basis in fact).

Anyway, I've said my piece. I'm not trying to rain on your pity parade, but the facts are the facts.

Source of your facts? :rolleyes:

SGT623

I already posted this on one of the other ADV Club threads but thought that maybe a few more people might see it here:

The Kungaloosh will be at Laffers Cantina this Saturday night again after a very successful "test" two weeks ago. One of the regular bartenders from the Adventures Club "Jungle Juice" George will be working the bar so tip him well or he'll unplug the machine. :)

It's not just the drinks, it's the chance to catch up with some old friends and meet some new ones. Non-Drinkers should come too! Plus, THE DJ'S ARE BACK! So you don't have to listen to a pan flute or steel drum band on the steps of the club! It could also go a long way to show Disney the support that the club still has, but if not...at least we had another night of fun.

KUNGALOOSH!

SGT623

UPDATE!!!

Bad news....but still good news!!! I stopped by the Laffers Cantina tonight to see if the bartender could still make the Kungaloosh this Saturday night. It turns out that just tonight, there was a "technical difficulty" with one of the dual frozen machines that pretty much kills that drink being made since the other regular menu selections need the two remaining machines. So no Kungaloosh. As sad as that is, it was never really about the single drink so much as the "gathering" of current and former Adventurers for a night of fun! This will still be a great night!! We'll all just be toasting to the bars tasty "Armadillo Punch" instead of the Kungaloosh! Or whatever "open bar" drink you select! It doesn't matter!
Fah who foraze! Dah who doraze! Much like In "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" The Who's In Whosville will still celebrate the event even thought the Grinch took away all of the presents.
Come one come all and still have a ball! Fun, Friends, and Adventurers' a like! Should be a great evening at PI this Saturday night! Plus it is the Festival Of The Masters so there will be a lot to see! Fellow Adventurers' look forward to seeing you there! KUNGALOOSH!!!!!

Master Gracey

STR8FAN2005 wanted me to whip up a picture to represent Saturday Night's upcoming gathering, and well, I was taken by his "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" analogy, so without further adieu:

WhoSupports.jpg

How I wish I could be down there to see this, it sounds like it will be a blast! Have an "Armadilo Punch" for me Adventurers!

KUNGALOOSH!

cblodg

I'm not directing this at anybody in particular but I don't understand how anybody can come on this board and proclaim that "Adventurers Club is not a coming back" as a fact. It is not a FACT, it is an OPINION. None of you know any more than we do. There is always a chance. This is not a living creature that when its dead, its dead. This is an establishment that can be reopened or rebuilt.

Does anybody watch a show called Family Guy? Did any of you watch it 1999-2002? I did and I was outraged when it was cancelled. It was in the exact same place that AC is right now. Well, there's Family Guy on my TV Sunday nights.

Adventurers Club CAN come back. WILL it come back? Your guess is just as good as mine. That is me being realistic.

Kungaloosh Adventurers!

Spot on my friend. Spot on! Family Guy is a perfect example. When I first saw this show I was dying laughing on the floor. Then I found out that it was "cancelled" and was so angry! I was part of the many people who wrote into FOX and eventually even TBS. And BINGO! The show is back on the air because the FANS wouldn't stop.

That's how it is with the AC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom