Disney Looking To Re-Open Some Clubs at PI For the Holiday Season?

WDW1974

Actually, Family Guy isn't a good example because it is a television show ... not a WDW attraction, yet alone one at a park/area that has been closed for redevelopment.

AC is reopening just like Horizons is ... just like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

I'd be taking a good look at what attractions I really like and are on the chopping block because those you might actually have a chance of keeping open.

Once something is closed and dead and the press releases have been sent out and the demolition bids have been put out, well, nothing is reopening.

That's all.

Master Gracey

Actually, Family Guy is a prime example of how we, the consumers, can make a difference. The fans of Family Guy didn't give into Fox when their executives canceled the show. The fans kept informing Fox that they were not going to have a moment of peace until Family Guy was returned to them (with a hilarious opening dealing a blow to Fox’s ego might I add).

The same will go for The Adventurers Club. We are not going away. We will not be silenced. We have a major advantage in this battle the was not sophisticated enough in the days of Mr. Toad, 20K, Horizons, ect., The Internet! This is how we, the Adventurers, are keeping in touch, planning the next moves and how The World Will Know when we get our beloved Adventurers Club back!

Lastly, though I'm getting tired of pointing this out, but will continue to do so (I am very stubborn if no one noticed) THE ADVENTURERS CLUB IS NOT DEAD! These forum posts prove that, its spirit is alive and well, and not to mention, the building is still intact, no press releases have been sent, and no demolition bids have been put out. In actuality, the latest rumors are that most of the supposed "Third Parties" have pulled out due to the current economy. So their is plently of time for return of the Adventurers Club. It is jist a few letters, emails, phone calls, and one brave executive who can admit that they were wrong, away

That's [truely] all!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

chaggy102

Two things...I just love how WDW 1974 keeps saying that he's done after this one point..but he's like a bad ex...who just keeps coming back over and over and over again. Seriously why not open your own thread, not looking to flame here but come on man.

And the Disney public has sent strong messages before that Disney was forced to do and has brought back things in the past....Electrical Parade anybody.

Hurricane

Family Guy may not be directly analogous but I've got an attraction that is -- Disneyland's Submarine Voyage. Closed for a number of years and reopened recently.

Keep that faith, keep your courage, stick together, stay strong, do not yield, do not flinch, stand up, we're Adventurers and we'll never surrender. They will.

hardcard

Two things...I just love how WDW 1974 keeps saying that he's done after this one point..but he's like a bad ex...who just keeps coming back over and over and over again. Seriously why not open your own thread, not looking to flame here but come on man.

And the Disney public has sent strong messages before that Disney was forced to do and has brought back things in the past....Electrical Parade anybody.

MSEP was brought back because spectro DESPERATELY needed a float overhaul... Also, the cost of utilizing a pre-existing parade, and staffing 7 night clubs , not too mention products and what-not are WAYYY different..

ask yourself this question.. with the obvious economic impacts disney is currently feeling.. You think they will spend money on clubs on a 'whim'..

Stop kidding yourself .. It's not going to happen.

hardcard

Family Guy may not be directly analogous but I've got an attraction that is -- Disneyland's Submarine Voyage. Closed for a number of years and reopened recently.

Keep that faith, keep your courage, stick together, stay strong, do not yield, do not flinch, stand up, we're Adventurers and we'll never surrender. They will.

Yet in MK we have a field-formerly-known-as-20,000-leagues...

Past history means nothing in this regard..

Can we skip this denial phase and go straight to the mourning and 'In Memory of' Websites already?

hardcard

I'm not directing this at anybody in particular but I don't understand how anybody can come on this board and proclaim that "Adventurers Club is not a coming back" as a fact. It is not a FACT, it is an OPINION. None of you know any more than we do. There is always a chance. This is not a living creature that when its dead, its dead. This is an establishment that can be reopened or rebuilt.

Does anybody watch a show called Family Guy? Did any of you watch it 1999-2002? I did and I was outraged when it was cancelled. It was in the exact same place that AC is right now. Well, there's Family Guy on my TV Sunday nights.

Adventurers Club CAN come back. WILL it come back? Your guess is just as good as mine. That is me being realistic.

Kungaloosh Adventurers!

Actually... IT'S A FACT:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/orl-disney2808jun28,0,2367595.story

Nowhere in ANY of Disney's press releases does it say "Hey, we're closing the clubs, but... we might reopen them! we're might be just testing our ability to shut an entire building down, lay-off staff, liquidate themed merch, and then restart it all within a few week!"

I agree.. I understand not squishing others 'hope', but I take issue with false rumors being generated that compromise the intergrity at WDWMagic.

chaggy102

MSEP was brought back because spectro DESPERATELY needed a float overhaul... Also, the cost of utilizing a pre-existing parade, and staffing 7 night clubs , not too mention products and what-not are WAYYY different..

You're right it had nothing to do when the new parade was shown to the AP holders...that they all walked out...correct my mistake.

hardcard

You're right it had nothing to do when the new parade was shown to the AP holders...that they all walked out...correct my mistake.

You are absolutely incorrect..

Spectromagic started running in 1991...

The MSEP return was in 1999, and ran through 2001..... So, no.. it had nothing to do with an AP holders throwing a hissy fit about spectro... considering that was 8 years prior.

Captain Hank

Err...actually I think you're mixing a few bits of Disney history together. In the early 90s, MSEP had it's "farewell" season at Disneyland (Spectro had already replaced MSEP at WDW in 1991). Soon after MSEP at DL ended, Light Magic premeired, to almost universal hatred. Light Magic was canned after only one season and Disneyland ran without a nighttime parade until...well, technically it still doesn't have a truly "nighttime" parade--the daytime parade does double-duty.

Now fast-forward to 1999/2000 when MSEP replaced Spectro for a season or two to allow for float refurbishments. After that, it was put into storage until Disney's California Adventure came along and utterly failed to attract a crowd. MSEP was brought to DCA to try to keep/bring people into the park after dark.

Actually... IT'S A FACT:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/orl-disney2808jun28,0,2367595.story

Nowhere in ANY of Disney's press releases does it say "Hey, we're closing the clubs, but... we might reopen them! we're might be just testing our ability to shut an entire building down, lay-off staff, liquidate themed merch, and then restart it all within a few week!"

I agree.. I understand not squishing others 'hope', but I take issue with false rumors being generated that compromise the intergrity at WDWMagic.

Yeah, and Fox said, "We're going to cancel Family Guy, wait until these things called DVD's come out and then renew their contract and put them back on the air."

And Disney said back in 1998, "We're going to close the Submarine Voyage for about 9 years. We'll just leave the track and facilities here until then." (great example Hurricane)

And also the MSEP, "Well thats the last showing of the Main Street Electrical Parade. But don't worry it will come back at another one of our parks someday" (Thanks Chaggy)

Apparently in your world companies admit everything they're planning to do in the future so there's no way they could possibly open the Adventurers Club back up.

Find me a Disney press release that says "Hey, we're closing the clubs, but we'll never ever consider reopening a single one of them. We won't listen to our consumers that are begging and pleading that we give them back this one club that brought them happiness every time that they set foot inside. And we need certain members of the Disney Web Community to be sure that everyone knows that there is no way we'll ever reopen these clubs for them"

Find me that press release and then i'll take your info as a fact and not a rumor.

WDW1974

Hardcard, you are wasting your time.

People believe what they want to. It's just it's like the life lies people create for themselves. Whatever helps get you through the day.

It's terrible when the reality isn't what we want -- and I never wanted to see Disney kill PI the way they did -- but there are things that can be changed and those that can't.

And you make a good point about the integrity of sites like this. They lose it when they pass off rumors and wishes and hopes and dreams as reality.

Look at the title of this thread. It speaks to something that is a fundamental falsehood. Much like the thread on Fantasyland's alleged redo.

To any casual reader if it's posted it must be true (now, if you want to get into a deep philosophical discussion on people using their minds and sifting through information to determine what it true, I'll need to schedule a few days of my time!)

Disney is NOT looking to reopen any clubs at PI for this holiday season or any other holiday season.

What the thread should be titled is 'Why we miss the AC and would like to see a similar venue at WDW.'

These Internet rumors are too much.

By the way, a busdriver told me that the dark spaces on the Swan and Dolphin are there so that Disney can expand the monorail ... oh and Disney can take the turrets off Cindy's Castle in a hurricane ... and yeah Disney is building a fifth theme park called Shadowlands and it is going to be all thrill rides themed to Disney's villians and River Country was closed because there were deadly parasites in the lake water that was killing guests and ... c'mon ... everyone ad your favorite Internet/urban/Disney CM rumor that has taken on a life of its own ... then we'd have a real fun thread going.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Actually, Family Guy isn't a good example because it is a television show ... not a WDW attraction, yet alone one at a park/area that has been closed for redevelopment.

AC is reopening just like Horizons is ... just like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

I'd be taking a good look at what attractions I really like and are on the chopping block because those you might actually have a chance of keeping open.

Once something is closed and dead and the press releases have been sent out and the demolition bids have been put out, well, nothing is reopening.

That's all.

When a poster is consistently negative 100% of the time, their credibility kinda flies right out the window.

Lighten up man. There is no need to crush everybody's dreams and hopes.

WDW1974

When a poster is consistently negative 100% of the time, their credibility kinda flies right out the window.

Lighten up man. There is no need to crush everybody's dreams and hopes.

I am not negative 100% of time, thank you very much.

I'm just speaking reality. And often it isn't what people want to hear.

And I sincerely hope that most people have dreams and hopes that are much grander than Disney reopening a nightclub. C'mon ...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Show me a post where you are not complaining or dashing someones else's hopes or ideas.

As far as speaking reality, you are speaking your opinion on what Disney may or may not do. Unless you are privy to inside information(which you would not be able to disclose) your opinions are no better or more correct than anyone else's on this board.

liquid toez

Actually, the Atlantic Dance Hall is becoming a good option now that the PI dance clubs are closed. It's only about a 5 minute drive from PI and has free self-parking. The DJ appears to be very cooperative and will play what you want to hear most of the time. The club boast a large dance floor and a huge video screen. The crowds are getting bigger and bigger every subsequent weekend. My only complaint is that they should hire more bartenders and open up the bars along the sides to meet the demand.

hrcollectibles

The submarines did come back. The clubs on Pleasure Island are closed. But they will reopen, just not as we remember them. Aren't they utilizing all of the buildings for the Dining and Shopping?

By the way what is MSEP?

And I sincerely hope that most people have dreams and hopes that are much grander than Disney reopening a nightclub. C'mon ...

Why does that matter? Is it wrong that there might be people on here that this was their favorite place to visit? It's not my absolute favorite place on property but its high up there. It was definitely my favorite place to go after the parks. Why is that so wrong to you?

In my personal experience, the AC is a place that was alot easier to get attached to than the other Yesterland inhabitants. During my CP I visited a couple times a week at least. Usually I would bring a change of clothes to work then hop a bus to PI. No, I was not one of the rowdy CPs yelling and interrupting the show with a large group of drunk CMs. I typically was by myself and sitting in the back, talking to the bartenders, drinking a beer (Kungaloosh during the Hoopla always), singing the songs and enjoying the show. Just a fun way to relax after a long day at work.

When you're a CM there are some days where the Magic just gets sucked right out of you. You have a day where the guests take it from you, management runs you into the ground and you question why you do it. Alot of the times I would find a creative way of bringing it back. Make a Magical Moment by doing something unexpected for a family. For anybody thats ever been to SWW you know how busy it gets and those were some of the longest days of my CP. Anyways, the park is just about to close and things are really quiet now that the events are over. I'm working by Drew Carey and there is a mom and her son shopping at the gift store. The little boy is swinging around a light saber with nobody to play with. Well during SWW management allowed us to carry light sabers on our belt so I started to play with him. We had a blast, I battled back and forth with him some and let him stab me a few times. Well his Mom was ready to leave and told him to put down the light saber because it was too expensive. So I pulled my light saber off my belt and gave it to him. He couldn't have been happier. He and his mom both gave me a big hug and I watched them walk away with him swing it around. That was pure Magic watching that little boys face light up when I gave that to him.

My point is that for me the AC was a place I went to find the Magic that escaped me that day whenever I couldn't do it myself. Watching these characters come to life, inanimate objects suddenly coming to life and talking to you, and singing along in the hoopla was my way of recharging after a long day at work.

So, I take great offense out of people telling me that there are better things to fight for or that i'm wasting my time because it will never open again. If you want to start your own thread that says "The Adventurers Club will never reopen" fine by me, I'll have the courtesy not to slam you. I'm sure other Adventurers feel the same way.

We are reckless, brave and loyal
and valiant to the end!
We entered as strangers
and exited as friends!

Kungaloosh Adventurers!

hardcard

yeah, and fox said, "we're going to cancel family guy, wait until these things called dvd's come out and then renew their contract and put them back on the air."

and disney said back in 1998, "we're going to close the submarine voyage for about 9 years. We'll just leave the track and facilities here until then." (great example hurricane)

and also the msep, "well thats the last showing of the main street electrical parade. But don't worry it will come back at another one of our parks someday" (thanks chaggy)

apparently in your world companies admit everything they're planning to do in the future so there's no way they could possibly open the adventurers club back up.

Find me a disney press release that says "hey, we're closing the clubs, but we'll never ever consider reopening a single one of them. We won't listen to our consumers that are begging and pleading that we give them back this one club that brought them happiness every time that they set foot inside. And we need certain members of the disney web community to be sure that everyone knows that there is no way we'll ever reopen these clubs for them"

find me that press release and then i'll take your info as a fact and not a rumor.

they have stated pubically in their press releases that all of the clubs are permanently closed and will be demolished and replaced with other dining and entertainment venues... I don't think the burden of proof lies with me...

The next time you hear the words "Kungaloosh" it'll be the description of the sound the wrecking ball made on it's way flying though AC..

and if, by some miracle, it reopens... don't worry.. I'll be here to eat crow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom