Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

lunchbox1175

They wouldn't take the entertainers from DL and do the Return of the Diamond Horseshoe at WDW two months after they do it at DL would they?

parker4fm

I would be disappointed with Disney and quite surprised if they did not do the Diamond Horseshoe in Magic Kingdom. There are plenty of people in Florida that simply can't go to Anaheim.

cba

I would be disappointed with Disney and quite surprised if they did not do the Diamond Horseshoe in Magic Kingdom. There are plenty of people in Florida that simply can't go to Anaheim.
I love the Diamond Horseshoe. In the Disneyland version, Walt kept a private box so he could have a nice view of the show. It would be great to see the restaurant open year round.

WDW1974

DLR gets 3 Kings and the return of the Golden Horsehoe. And WDW gets what? Another dance party? I can see kids liking it, at least until they go to bed. But how many 3-5 yo's are still trucking in the MK at midnight? Although, this could explain why MK is now open til 1AM, way later than originally announced. I don't think it's a terrible offering, as the kids do seem to like the dance parties, but I guess I was hoping for a bit more creativity and originality. And aren't some of the ear hats they show already available seasonally?

Total crap event that only Mommy Bloggers and O-Town Lifestylers will enjoy.

Cheap, limited (in appeal) and tacky.

And, yes, completely different than what DLR gets.

WDW1974

I agree - but if this is the big kickoff event, I am not holding out for anything too exciting over the next year.

In fact, today's announcement almost screams resentment from TDO that they are being forced to participate by corporate...

I expect more crap ... more opportunities to buy LE crap ... .... yeah, crap, crap and crap. That's really all I've got. Wish I could be more articulate, but that's what this says to me.

Bolna

Having looked at the pictures of these "Year of the Ear" ears, about half of them look like the seasonal ears they are already selling anyway. And the headbands look very much like those they have in masses at DLP. What a bizarre collection. Some of the designs don't make any sense at all. Not that they are ugly, but really how many people are going to go for a beige ear hat with a peacock feather on it???

It somehow feels like they felt like they needed to come up with merchandise for "Limited Time Magic" in a hurry...

71jason

Not sure I get fanboi logic. Characters in New Years Eve garb = total failure. Characters in Christmas garb = good reason to drop an extra $60 on an after-hours party.

Is this just a tweaked Club 626? Of course. But would did you expect? Entertainment or whoever was tasked with this by Marketing has to come up with 46 of these things (Marketing came up with the first 6). You can't save 'em all, Hasselhoff. And they don't want anything too popular, the park is already going to be packed out--why flood the park with local APs on top of that? Save the big gun events for, say, February or September (hey, exactly what they're doing with the extra hours "Villains Party").

This is exactly the sort of free plussing WDW should be engaging in--cute little acknowledgments of the minor holidays. Kind of like celebrating Bastille Day or Guy Fawkes Day in EPCOT. I admit there's no reason to overhype it, but everything at WDW gets overhyped. Anyone who was expecting 52 separate things like a week of Fantasy in the Sky or AdvClub reunion shows just bought into the hype way too much; Disney never promised or even alluded to anything on that scale.

Rasvar

I'm not really hoping for much in WDW. I just hope I luck out and there is something nice going on in DLR when I am in the LA for a week or so in April. Maybe they can get an Indy car race for Limited Time Magic in WDW. :p

Zipadeelady

Im so in the minority here but I love the idea of something new each week with "limited time magic". a little something extra while I'm there sounds great to me.....even if it's the boy bands (which I hope it's not). You can bet I'm still going stop and listen for a few minutes and appreciate their talent.

Everyone is upset i can tell but what I want to know is exactly what were you expecting for the limited time magic?

drew81

Wasn't 2012 already the year of limited time magic?

We got limited Extra Magic Hours.
Limited monorail hours.
Limited passholder discounts.
Limited attractions in New Fantasyland.
Limited maintenance.

In 2013 I want Excessive Make It Up To Me Magic!

Good point.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Im so in the minority here but I love the idea of something new each week with "limited time magic". a little something extra while I'm there sounds great to me.....even if it's the boy bands (which I hope it's not). You can bet I'm still going stop and listen for a few minutes and appreciate their talent.

Everyone is upset i can tell but what I want to know is exactly what were you expecting for the limited time magic?

Something more like what DLR is getting.

Rasvar

I don't oppose it. I just want it to be some "Magic". I think all of that will be in California and what is in Florida will focus on "Limited Time".

puntagordabob

I don't oppose it. I just want it to be some "Magic". I think all of that will be in California and what is in Florida will focus on "Limited Time".

Yeah....in agreement here... why can they not make the events as cool or as exciting as it seems Disneyland is getting...... It is like all the Floridians and WDW visitors are second class citizens...

WDW_Emily

Silly question: Are we going to know a listing of all the limited time stuff before it happens or is it like you need to go to the parks the week of to find out?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom