Disney launch 'Limited Time Magic' for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort in 2013

The Empress Lilly

DL to get the Horseshoe Revue? :eek:

Ugh, crud. We're getting the shaft again.

Is TWDC perhaps diversifying the very resorts themselves? Why have two of the same thing, when modern airfares are well within reach of even middle lower class, unlike the 60s/70s when few would vacation cross-country.

WDW for the loud Brazilian tour grouper and the 400-pound Walmart-dwelling 'ooh, there's a celeb toon I know, quick get my camera', and DL for the more upscale market and the Disney afficionado?

Bah!

TP2000

We should probably let a few more of these events get announced before piling on to the DLR is better then WDW in all ways bandwagon. BUT....

This is a very poor first effort by TDO. Very very poor.

That's a good point. There are a lot of things that WDW could do with this LMT concept that could never be pulled off logistically or physically at Disneyland, and the concept could really offer memorable things at WDW. TDO might have some surprises up its sleeves for this spring or summer that will make Disneylanders green with envy and/or running to check Orlando flights on Expedia.

That said, the first offering out of the gate for WDW is noticeably limp. Not a good way to kick off a campaign.

TP2000

They wouldn't take the entertainers from DL and do the Return of the Diamond Horseshoe at WDW two months after they do it at DL would they?

That's a brilliant idea, and could easily be done! Just pack up the troupe and ship them out to Orlando once the Disneyland run is finished in February. Tweak it a bit and run it for a month over Easter Vacation at WDW, and the crowds go wild!

And what a glowing example of the "One Disney" concept it would be, proving that sharing things between WDW and Disneyland can be of benefit instead of just robbing each other of their individuality and local culture.

I see no good reason why that can't happen by late winter/early spring.

TP2000

I love the Diamond Horseshoe. In the Disneyland version, Walt kept a private box so he could have a nice view of the show.

Walt's private box at Disneyland's Golden Horseshoe Revue was the lower level one on stage left. He or his invited guests always sat in that box to watch the show.

Here's Walt Disney addressing the crowd in the Golden Horseshoe from the stage in 1959, four years after Disneyland's opening. And the Golden Horseshoe Revue was already a very famous offering at the park by '59. That's his private box just behind him in the photo, to his right.
Walt+June+1959.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-dknVvb5NEmM/Te1FNG8psNI/AAAAAAAAA-s/EsQVFuDcydY/s1600/Walt June 1959.jpg

And here's Walt with his wife and daughters celebrating a wedding anniversary at the Golden Horseshoe in the 1950's. The Golden Horseshoe Saloon hosted many happy times for Walt Disney and his family in the 1950's and 60's, and the Revue show itself was one of his favorite things at his park.

walt-and-lillian-30th.jpg

http://www.disneylove.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/walt-and-lillian-30th.jpg

When the Golden Horseshoe Revue makes it's Limited Time Magic return next month, how fitting it would be if they kept Walt Disney's private box roped off for the shows?! They generally let folks sit there now, but I think it would be a fitting tribute for the shows Limited Time return if they kept the box closed as a tribute to Walt and where he always sat.

Although, Walt will be there watching again next month from the best seat in the house, I'm sure. ;)

Californian Elitist

When the Golden Horseshoe Revue makes it's Limited Time Magic return next month, how fitting it would be if they kept Walt Disney's private box roped off for the shows?! They generally let folks sit there now, but I think it would be a fitting tribute for the shows Limited Time return if they kept the box closed as a tribute to Walt and where he always sat.

I think this is good idea. Keep it empty in honor of Mr. Disney!

TP, are you planning on catching a showing? I'm planning on it, but I'm nervous I won't be able to see it.

TP2000

I think this is good idea. Keep it empty in honor of Mr. Disney!

TP, are you planning on catching a showing? I'm planning on it, but I'm nervous I won't be able to see it.

Unlike most marketing-driven things, I'm actually going to go do this. I'm probably going to head to a Monday show, to avoid the inevitable crowds on weekends.

I have vague recollections of this show from 1970's visits. In the 1980's and 90's I was living on the East Coast and was going to WDW mainly, but don't ever remember going to the Diamond Horseshoe version there.

I have a favorite elderly aunt who still talks about seeing "the Pepsi-Cola show" whenever she goes to Disneyland. From 1955 to the 1980's the Revue was sponsored by Pepsi-Cola, and that was apparently burned into her memory banks for good.

3224983132_9cd7e202b3.jpg

Californian Elitist

Unlike most marketing-driven things, I'm actually going to go do this. I'm probably going to head to a Monday show, to avoid the inevitable crowds on weekends.

Mondays... Good idea. Were you thinking of going when it first starts or going towards the end, in late January or early February?

WDW1974

I'll go later in January, after the can-can girls get their can-can down perfectly. :cool:

Stop it. You guys are gonna make the Spirit get all teary-eyed. This was the ONE freaking thing I was looking forward to about this damn promo ... and, no way do they do a show at the Diamond Horseshoe. They will do nothing remotely as extensive/expensive in O-Town as Anaheim, that's just the way the Disney cookie crumbles.

asianway

Stop it. You guys are gonna make the Spirit get all teary-eyed. This was the ONE freaking thing I was looking forward to about this damn promo ... and, no way do they do a show at the Diamond Horseshoe. They will do nothing remotely as extensive/expensive in O-Town as Anaheim, that's just the way the Disney cookie crumbles.
We always have Tokyo-although I see the show is getting a refresh this spring. Someone in TDO has said you can't take down the Horseshoe for Easter week-where will we serve overflow ham sammiches???

celluloid

TDO. I hope you are listening. I will save for an Annual Pass if you bring back the Diamond Horseshoe.

A shame I am planning my Disneyland trip this next coming year. When I first read talk of the Golden coming back for a limited time I hope I would be there. Wally Boag is one of my comedic heroes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom