News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

TTA94

I don't think it'll be a new parade... (if there is one) IMO. Maybe a new float or two, but there's no way they've been developing and building a new parade for DHS (for this event) and nothing was leaked about it before.

I also LOVE DHS Holiday Decor package.

I mean there’s MSEP lol, it’s not a “Christmas Parade”, yet it’s full of lights 🤷‍♂️ lol. Of course there was once a Christmas version soundtrack of MSEP at WDW back in 2000. That would not work now a days however since that was before the “Dreamlights ish” soundtrack was added. Now could WDW DO a Christmas version of MSEP now a days? Sure, will they ever? 🤷‍♂️

wdwfan4ver

Not a bit surprised. Disney is desperate for money right now. I think everyone knows how the Box Office has been for Disney this year. Indiana Jones the Dial of Destiny box office predictions are not great either.

Based on what is known about the hard ticket event at this point, the value isn't exactly there.

TTA94

They could do a version of Mickeys Happy Holidays. But maybe more of a cavalcade than what DCA does. Wouldn’t be to expensive.

TrippedUp

Yes, Osborn lights are not returning, at least not in the way we knew them. The Streets of America are gone and so are the lights.
I think a lot of people are confused about this... Disney doesnt reuse lights. Its cheaper to just cut them off and buy new the next season. GKTW getting their remaining stock (if thats really what happened) wouldn't affect a light show at HS either way.

Piebald

I love this "Universal's so much better and guest centric" narrative. Their customer service sucks, and their team members couldn't care less about their jobs or the guests. Mind you HHN happens almost every night from September - October goes for $130+ a ticket, and you basically NEED to pay $150+ for an Express pass if you intend to do everything in one night.

EDIT:
And before I get the "well if you hate Universal so much, don't go" replies. I don't hate Universal, I had an annual pass for several years, and also bought the HHN Ultimate Pass last year and went over 30 times. I don't enjoy their customer service, their crowd management for events like HHN is very poor, lines for concessions and more are extremely long. Most of their simulator attractions are a snooze-fest for me, and just make me dizzy. I really only go to Universal for Butterbeer, Hagrids, Velocicoaster, Spider-Man, Escape from Gringotts, and the Hogwarts Express, and of course to play around with my interactive wand in Hogsmeade & Diagon Alley.

My biggest gripe is their team members, with Disney their are a few sour apples in the bunch of CMs, but with Universal their are only a few good apples in the bunch.
I won't derail this thread too much but while their TMs are definitely a little less customer service friendly overall I think what really holds UO back in the Disney vs Universal debate is their food is terrible almost entirely across the board. When we go to Disney I don't really worry about food (plenty of options) but when we go to UO I have to figure out if we eat before or after the day there because the only thing that's halfway decent is Red Oven Pizza in City walk lol.

As for this holiday event, yeah I don't know what it could possibly do to be worth it unless they heavily turned GE into the original vision. Aliens, droids everywhere etc....but then that would be dumb because I don't associate the holidays with SW and it'd be upsetting if they made that same mistake (cutting all the cool stuff for the starcruiser only to close it and add the cool stuff for an upcharge event)

This just seems like a bad idea that the vloggers will rave about but not be worth it then fizzle out.

CJR

They won't, but they could easily build their own light display between what remains of Streets of America and Muppet Courtyard/the streets headed back around Pizzarizzo and Mama Melrose's. Tons of space back there and, like Streets of America, it's all largely under-utilized. The only real attraction of interest is MuppetVision and it's hardly ever packed. They even have the separate entry/exit point into SWGE so that choke-point wouldn't be a major issue.

They could also do the Pixar Place and Animation Courtyard (which is a deadzone at night and no restaurants to worry about). Either/or really. I'm not picky. I say: use both areas and have two of them. 😆

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom