News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

jrhwdw

Sure. Once Daylight Saving Time ends, they could close to day guests at 7 pm with Fantasmic (and force guests to exit backstage) with a DAH from 8 pm to 11 pm. That allows them to technically provide a “full” day to the day guests with a nighttime spectacular while still closing earlier than usual so they can offer a DAH a bit earlier. Definitely better than what MK does for day guests on party nights.

Remember when they used to open MK an hour early on party nights to be nicer to day guests? Now you get 9a-6p and keep your mouth shut or pull out the credit card.
And Wishes was at 6 Some Years........

If it's Bell BAM as we know it, it needs to be DAH with F! for all!

JohnD

I think is going to backfire and cannibalize MVMCP. But I’m not an accountant with a Wharton MBA so what do I know?
They'll probably be on separate days. You may have a point if guests are budgeting which one to do if they can't do both.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think is going to backfire and cannibalize MVMCP. But I’m not an accountant with a Wharton MBA so what do I know?
MVMCP sells out. Which means there are more people wanting to attend than can get it. So, the cannibalization, if it happens, will be minimal.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
They'll probably be on separate days. You may have a point if guests are budgeting which one to do if they can't do both.

MVMCP sells out. Which means there are more people wanting to attend than can get it. So, the cannibalization, if it happens, will be minimal.

MVMCP sells out because it’s the only hard ticket offering. There will absolutely be people that choose to go to this over MVMCP, and if that’s the case will it actually sell out this year? We will have to see.

I don’t see where most guests choose to go to both. If they’re budgeting for MVMCP but see this new thing as an option, they may opt to switch their dollars to the new offering instead of repeating the same offering that they’ve done before. I highly doubt they’re shelling out in addition to doing MVMCP.

I could be wrong but I don’t think this will give them a net gain - if anything it will be a wash with a decrease in the number of MVMCP tickets sold that are offset by the new party. The reality is the economy is soft and people are not spending disposable income the way they were last year - all of the data tells us this.

Comped

If Disney wants their guest spending problems solved, just extend park hours to match those of the parties, put on the entertainment they already budgeted, and watch people buy the special holiday-themed food and drinks easily. People will stay later to see new things, and buy stuff as a result - it's how Disney's nighttime spectaculars have made hunderds of millions in paper money (and actual money via vending) over the years. While I am not privy to how much Disney makes on their sell-out night parties, they'd make less under this idea but have far higher guest satisfaction. Which they need at this point...

jrhwdw

Sorcery in the Sky 1990 could still hold its own today. The pre finale comets during Sorcerers Apprentice were a sight to behold when in the park (and perhaps the first in park roof launches)
Actually, I think the 100th Hat made SITS better!!! Especially the Finale!!!!!!

Not counting Mickey of course! Nothing could top that!!!

Splash4eva

Sure. Once Daylight Saving Time ends, they could close to day guests at 7 pm with Fantasmic (and force guests to exit backstage) with a DAH from 8 pm to 11 pm. That allows them to technically provide a “full” day to the day guests with a nighttime spectacular while still closing earlier than usual so they can offer a DAH a bit earlier. Definitely better than what MK does for day guests on party nights.

Remember when they used to open MK an hour early on party nights to be nicer to day guests? Now you get 9a-6p and keep your mouth shut or pull out the credit card.
I will say this & im not justifying what Disney has done to park hours BUT the past 2 trips i was there the party nights at MK were lighter during those days and you can easily get more done than on full days as crowds were extremely light as i said...

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I will say this & im not justifying what Disney has done to park hours BUT the past 2 trips i was there the party nights at MK were lighter during those days and you can easily get more done than on full days as crowds were extremely light as i said...

That has always been the case though. People "in the know" have always advocated to plan your MK days on party nights as the crowds are lighter because the general public senses that there is "less value" and avoids MK. Remember, most guests don't have Park Hoppers and most guests don't stay on property so they hit one park a day and when they leave they're done. Disney resort guests with easy park access and hoppers are a minority of guests.

This is especially true if you're there for multiple nights and can hop back over to see MK's normal firework performance during your trip. We almost always do MK on a party night to take advantage of the extremely light crowds and are almost always done with MK by lunchtime on that day, freeing us to hop to another park in the afternoon.

doctornick

They won't, but they could easily build their own light display between what remains of Streets of America and Muppet Courtyard/the streets headed back around Pizzarizzo and Mama Melrose's. Tons of space back there and, like Streets of America, it's all largely under-utilized. The only real attraction of interest is MuppetVision and it's hardly ever packed. They even have the separate entry/exit point into SWGE so that choke-point wouldn't be a major issue.

But the Courtyard area is now a dead end, no? If you walk past MuppetVision and the restaurants, you certainly have space, but you'd have to have some sort of in/out system plus the ability for folks to get to the restaurants for reservations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom