News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

jrhwdw

Eh not really, WDW (and UOR) have stagnated a bit when it comes to holiday offerings.

Magic Kingdom -> all behind paywall except for the castle projection show and the last 2 weeks of December
Epcot -> Festival of the Holiday food booths (behind paywall) and the various Santa/Storytelling shows
DHS -> all behind paywall
DAK -> Merry Menagerie

At SeaWorld the following are included:
  1. Winter Wonderland On Ice (Ice Show)
  2. O' Wondrous Stage Show (Stage Show) -> Arguably the best theme park/holiday show in Orlando year-round
  3. Holiday Reflections (Fireworks)
  4. Sesame Street Holiday Parade (Parade)
Behind Paywall, they have food booths similar to Festival of the Holidays, with a decent lanyard deal.

*I excluded the Ms. Clause Kitchen show as it wasn't received well and I'd imagine it isn't coming back lol
Sunset Seasons Greetings was not behind a Paywall!

gerarar

Premium Member
It was easy to forget it was there. No video screens in 2023, and most people seemed to just be largely ignoring it.
Even if they didn't want to put up the temporary screens, the Fantasmic! billboard screen is there all year round, just covered by a tarp.

Very weird they didn't even utilize it one bit after investing into upgrading it a couple years ago..

Dr.GrantSeeker

The holiday offerings should be with regular park admission during the holidays..It's pointless to be a ticketed event..
Agree. Do any of the parks even have holiday treats or snacks to purchase during normal operating hours? I cant recall many options the last few years though I could be mistaken. Half the reason we won't go during the holidays anymore since its all behind a paywall.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Yes. Each park had themed snacks for Christmas and EPCOT has a whole festival.
I know Epcot has FotH, which I do enjoy. But MK I recall only had like 1 or 2 holiday treat options this past year and studios was similar. Just shame that we have to buy a party ticket to be able to choose from and purchase a normal selection of holiday treats that should be for sale durning the day.

bmr1591

So, what's from them changing this to just a non ticketed event..It's ridiculous.

Money. They want money. It’s really not complex.

I know Epcot has FotH, which I do enjoy. But MK I recall only had like 1 or 2 holiday treat options this past year and studios was similar. Just shame that we have to buy a party ticket to be able to choose from and purchase a normal selection of holiday treats that should be for sale durning the day.

They had more than that available during regular hours, but you’re correct there was much more available at parties. Unfortunately for those not wishing to attend, special food items is a big selling point for many to come to the parties, especially to those who’ve attended in the past. With that said, every resort and park had holiday food offerings available that didn’t require you to go to a party. Could they do more? Sure, but it’s not like they do nothing. The real tragedy last year was the Jollywood shows not becoming normal park experiences after the final parties were done, like the Christmas parade does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom