News Disney Jollywood Nights - Disney's Hollywood Studios Holiday Season ticketed event

Andrew25

It's like, the three parks(1 is not Disney) that need help this summer don't care!

MK doesn't seem to be in a hurry to return Trolley Dancers and/or FOF to Full. DL still doesn't have a Plan B for a F!-less Summer, that I've seen. Also, USF doesn't seem to be in a hurry to get a Nighttime Spectacular back......
They just finished removing the pre-existing infrastructure for the previous show (everyone was too busy focusing on the Harmonious Barge removal)... so Universal is definitely working on it, same with (hopefully) a similar parade to the one from Japan.

I imagine they are thinking they can improve attendance at Disney After Hours a bit by adding some light entertainment.
This is what I'm expecting. I doubt (but at the same time I don't?) Disney would close 2 of their most popular parks early to accommodate parties. An After Hours event sure, but I can't see them shutting down Fantasmic most nights during the winter for a holiday event.

Also... am I the only one that thinks DAK should get the budget for holiday stuff... try to move people there to keep the park open later and reduce crowds at the other park?

dreday3

They just finished removing the pre-existing infrastructure for the previous show (everyone was too busy focusing on the Harmonious Barge removal)... so Universal is definitely working on it, same with (hopefully) a similar parade to the one from Japan.

This is what I'm expecting. I doubt (but at the same time I don't?) Disney would close 2 of their most popular parks early to accommodate parties. An After Hours event sure, but I can't see them shutting down Fantasmic most nights during the winter for a holiday event.

Also... am I the only one that thinks DAK should get the budget for holiday stuff... try to move people there to keep the park open later and reduce crowds at the other park?

I agree AK should get more holiday stuff so they can stay open later. But they already have (in my opinion) one of the best holiday offerings out there - The Merry Menagerie! Plus their decorations are tops. We want to finally go at Christmas one year to see it all in person.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I imagine they are thinking they can improve attendance at Disney After Hours a bit by adding some light entertainment.

Selling out events 3 days in advance (which is what happened for many of the DHS AH events, if I'm not mistaken) is not the Bob-preferred way. They need to sell out months in advance so that the revenue can be accounted for and the tomato throwers don't bombard him at the next quarterly shareholder meeting. Although he won't be able to avoid the egg-throwers, they have uncanny accuracy and velocity.

But anyway... They will run this probably 9pm-midnight and allow guests into the park at 6pm or 7pm. $200/person will likely be the lowest price point, $249/person around Christmas wouldn't shock me in the least. "Free" water, soda, cookies, and hot chocolate! Projections. Plenty of Christmas-themed treats for sale. JBJB fireworks spectacular! Lower crowds!

Stop me if you've heard this sales pitch before.

jrhwdw

USF should have kept all of the Hardware, just change the Soundtrack! That's all Epcot did before ROE..... My Opinion of course.........
It was the best setup USF ever had!!

Isn't AK's Holiday Budget intact? We already have TOL and the Puppets. We're Missing ROL but that wasnt in the Seasonal Budget..

If anything needs money it's WSL for the POE Tag! Also Castle Dreamlights! Would be nice if MK just made them permanent like DLP.......

ToTBellHop

Selling out events 3 days in advance (which is what happened for many of the DHS AH events, if I'm not mistaken) is not the Bob-preferred way. They need to sell out months in advance so that the revenue can be accounted for and the tomato throwers don't bombard him at the next quarterly shareholder meeting. Although he won't be able to avoid the egg-throwers, they have uncanny accuracy and velocity.

But anyway... They will run this probably 9pm-midnight and allow guests into the park at 6pm or 7pm. $200/person will likely be the lowest price point, $249/person around Christmas wouldn't shock me in the least. "Free" water, soda, cookies, and hot chocolate! Projections. Plenty of Christmas-themed treats for sale. JBJB fireworks spectacular! Lower crowds!

Stop me if you've heard this sales pitch before.
The irony is, if this cost LESS than the tired MVMCP and was basically a $50 E-Ride Night with the laser show, I’d be interested as would many with older kids. But you are correct, I’m sure, that this will cost a family of 4 $1000 for 3 hours.

ToTBellHop

Yes, Osborn lights are not returning, at least not in the way we knew them. The Streets of America are gone and so are the lights.
They won't, but they could easily build their own light display between what remains of Streets of America and Muppet Courtyard/the streets headed back around Pizzarizzo and Mama Melrose's. Tons of space back there and, like Streets of America, it's all largely under-utilized. The only real attraction of interest is MuppetVision and it's hardly ever packed. They even have the separate entry/exit point into SWGE so that choke-point wouldn't be a major issue.

Ayla

They won't, but they could easily build their own light display between what remains of Streets of America and Muppet Courtyard/the streets headed back around Pizzarizzo and Mama Melrose's.
Isn't most of the Muppet Courtyard behind construction walls right now?

matt9112

I take the DHS event to be an After Hours event, which means it wouldn't close early.

Technically after hours just means after regular hours. If the park closes at 5 or 8 for example in both cases anytime after would be “after hours” I think what the poster was implying is that it’s possible and based on historical trends likely that the park may close earlier than it otherwise would on any other non event day. Thus day guests inadvertently could have less park time.

matt9112

Not A Chance. There's no money to be made with that.

Yes, that's the only reason why people want to go to DHS.

Nope (Thank goodness) Although Lumpy has been very good this year.

LOL. It ain't cheap.

I don’t go to MGM for a highly themed yet bland empty land.

sunset boulevard still crushes it compared to GE and I will take that to the grave.

ToTBellHop

Technically after hours just means after regular hours. If the park closes at 5 or 8 for example in both cases anytime after would be “after hours” I think what the poster was implying is that it’s possible and based on historical trends likely that the park may close earlier than it otherwise would on any other non event day. Thus day guests inadvertently could have less park time.
Sure. Once Daylight Saving Time ends, they could close to day guests at 7 pm with Fantasmic (and force guests to exit backstage) with a DAH from 8 pm to 11 pm. That allows them to technically provide a “full” day to the day guests with a nighttime spectacular while still closing earlier than usual so they can offer a DAH a bit earlier. Definitely better than what MK does for day guests on party nights.

Remember when they used to open MK an hour early on party nights to be nicer to day guests? Now you get 9a-6p and keep your mouth shut or pull out the credit card.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom