Disney is big legal & public trouble...

celticdog

All of it is good as far as I'm concerned. It's good that they're cracking down at DTD. Any steps to make it safer are always welcome. Even if that means we must sacrifice some civil liberties and some freedoms. I personally see profiling as a viable tool for solving crimes and for crime prevention.

fyn

Its not about not letting people come back. Its for if you DO come back and do something else, they can have you arrested for violating it.

I don't believe they can. You can only be arrested for breaking the law, and violating a ban from Disney is still not breaking the law. All they can do is remove you from their property.

Champion

I don't believe they can. You can only be arrested for breaking the law, and violating a ban from Disney is still not breaking the law. All they can do is remove you from their property.

Coming onto private property after you've already been told not to is trespassing and against the law.

wulfgeat

Banned for life

Part of the reason for the ban for life would be if you are caught on property again, the record is already there that you have been told you are not wanted on the private property. That is the grounds for an arrest for trespassing. It is just setting the stage for the future.

Epcotian

Its not about not letting people come back. Its for if you DO come back and do something else, they can have you arrested for violating it.

I know that's true. I'm actually responding to earlier posts saying this is an overreaction on Disney's part. I agree, but for different reasons. The point was made to the effect that it would be awful if somewhere down the road one of these kids couldn't bring his own child to the park because he had been banned for life. The ban will never be a problem for that individual, assuming he keeps his nose clean while there. Even if they return and break the law, the record of this arrest exists even without the "ban" and will be considered by the authorities. So, I think the ban is superfluous and only for pr purposes. I consider it an overreaction on Disney's part simply because I see it as unnecessary and as something that could easily create as much negative pr as positive.

shoppingnut

Even if Disney did fingerprint them, nobody is required to provide their fingerprint to enter any Disney property as a visitor. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Disney has an alternate method for entering the parks for anyone who is not comfortable with the finger check system.

The sytem for entering the parks does not use your fingerprint, it uses biometric measurement sytem.

fyn

Coming onto private property after you've already been told not to is trespassing and against the law.

After looking it up, you're more right than I am. ;) They can be arrested, but only after being warned to leave and refusing. Its for the lawyers to argue whether or not a "lifetime ban" constitutes a continual warning. ;)

...Continue with your regularly scheduled thread.:)

AEfx

Filing a lawsuit does not equal winning a lawsuit.

And not all of the "Public" is enamored of college, or ANY, football players, especially tourists who just want to go to DTD without running a gauntlet of rowdy teenagers.

Thanks for saving me the keystrokes. :)

AEfx

Disney4648

Original Poster
This is all crazy...Disney has gone crazy about their loitering and smoking policies. The loitering I can understand with eliminating crime, but going money hungry on thed smoking fines....slow down Disney, slow down.

Piebald

Everytime I go to DTD, there are always a bunch of grimey looking kids especially on the weekends. They have been doing this sort of thing all over malls and shopping centers around the country. There is a place back home in South Florida that used to have a HUGE problem with a bunch of freaky looking kids just wandering around, sitting against the walls, shooting the ____!t so to speak.

The mall finally got fed up and instituted this sort of initiative to basically keep these kids from loitering. Anytime after 10, you must be 21 years old to be on the premise (keep in mind there is absolutely nothing here that is of the 21+ age group i.e. just a bunch of shops, movie theater, and a pool hall). I wouldn't be surprised if DTD put in place a curfew for the entire complex (not just PI like they already have).

Maybe we should do a survey sort of like that person did recently with the Fastpass return times. Let's all go sit on a bench at DTD on a weekend and see what our outcome is :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Everytime I go to DTD, there are always a bunch of grimey looking kids especially on the weekends. They have been doing this sort of thing all over malls and shopping centers around the country. There is a place back home in South Florida that used to have a HUGE problem with a bunch of freaky looking kids just wandering around, sitting against the walls, shooting the ____!t so to speak.

The mall finally got fed up and instituted this sort of initiative to basically keep these kids from loitering. Anytime after 10, you must be 21 years old to be on the premise (keep in mind there is absolutely nothing here that is of the 21+ age group i.e. just a bunch of shops, movie theater, and a pool hall). I wouldn't be surprised if DTD put in place a curfew for the entire complex (not just PI like they already have).

Maybe we should do a survey sort of like that person did recently with the Fastpass return times. Let's all go sit on a bench at DTD on a weekend and see what our outcome is :lol:

We know what the outcome would be.

If it's a group of 4 grown adults wearing "golf attire." Nothing will happen.

If it's a group of 4 teens wearing baggy jeans, or in goth attire...they will be asked to move.

Piebald

If it's a group of 4 teens wearing baggy jeans, or in goth attire...they will be asked to move.

What if it's four teens wearing golf attire and four grown men wearing FUBU? :drevil:

Disney4648

Original Poster
Well, you have to understand my frustration as an FSU fan as well as a young adult. I do respect and understand the law and I don't want to jump to any conclusions until we officially hear from Disney and their story.

Ausdaddy

Of course. If teenagers are the source of the problem, why would you target the older crowd? I fail to see your point. If I have gophers in my yard (and I do), I don't go out and spread fireant and weed killer to go along with the gopher traps. I just treat the problem that I have.

L Fisher

I'm sure Disney has camera's to back their case even more..The kids did something they knew they weren't suppose to do..How old are they? Their not 3 or 5..I do think banned for life is a bit extreme and I'm sure the parents of the 3 year old will get much worse actions against them than these young adults..

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Why would someone who works for Disney drop kids off at DTD to "hang out" for over 2 hours when they know (or should know) that Disney is craking down on teens who go to DTD just to hang out?

And just a question... Does Orlando not have a city wide cerfew for teens? It said in the story that one of the kids called their parents at midnight to tell them they were having problems with the security gaurds. I know that in my city if a kid 17 or younger is out past midnight they are braking the law.
WDW isn't in Orlando ;)

That being said, there's no curfew in Orange County, which wouldn't matter since WDW is private property. They're free to ignore it if they please.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom