Disney Imagineering Testing Dragon

WDW1974

Eh. It is fun and harmless. I hope the effect blows everyone away.

But see, it isn't harmless (and not because it gets fanbois all lathered up) because well ... do you know how much money it cost to develop and build this thing?

I swear Disney wastes money like I waste fanboi one-liners ...

ExtinctJenn

Ok so I've been gone for awhile but one of the first things I wanted to check was to see if I was the only one connecting this dragon to this little publicity thing they are doing. Totally convinced now that I see so many other folks are. I don't know that I'd call it a waste of money as long as it isn't something they do once (at the Grand Opening) and then shelve it. If they continue the whole storyline they've built up between this little "stunt" and the mention of dragons on the New Fantasyland site (at the very end of the video) it could be used every day. A specific time each day the mysterious dragon flies over New Fantasyland. It may seem like it isn't much but to to little ones, seeing that thing flying through the air would be incredible (and to most adults too - fanboys or not).

td1129

But see, it isn't harmless (and not because it gets fanbois all lathered up) because well ... do you know how much money it cost to develop and build this thing?

I swear Disney wastes money like I waste fanboi one-liners ...

Serious question, no flame. Why do you have so much contempt for Disney fans? You must have been one at one time, or else why would you post on a Disney fan site?

SirLink

Serious question, no flame. Why do you have so much contempt for Disney fans? You must have been one at one time, or else why would you post on a Disney fan site?

This is easy - fans complaining about coffee and beer, whilst Show Quality around property is at its worst and that teetering edge of the slipping(slipped!) into Disneyland Lean Mean years. Fortunately for Disneyland they had Al Lutz as well as the LA Times - what does WDW have ... Orlando Sentinel would never attack them ... certain other sites DISney sites could have spoken about this lunacy but they own a travel agency and would never attack TDO.

WDWFREAK53

Hate to answer for him and I may be completely off...

I don't think he has contempt for Disney fans...I think he has contempt for the fanatics that will praise every little thing they do which lowers the standards of the company.

ExtinctJenn

Hate to answer for him and I may be completely off...

I don't think he has contempt for Disney fans...I think he has contempt for the fanatics that will praise every little thing they do which lowers the standards of the company.
Or maybe it's not contempt at all and just his opinion. :D (just saying)

GrumpyFan

Mice Chat had a link to this site about the dragon, it sounds like it's for the FLE

I know everybody keeps saying its (potentially) part of the FLE, but I just don't see the connection.
I'm thinking this is a teaser for something new, completely off the radar, that's coming. Perhaps, and this is just my own speculation, it's something that will be the replacement for Avatar at AK.

ExtinctJenn

I know everybody keeps saying its (potentially) part of the FLE, but I just don't see the connection.
I'm thinking this is a teaser for something new, completely off the radar, that's coming. Perhaps, and this is just my own speculation, it's something that will be the replacement for Avatar at AK.
Have you gone out to the FLE website and watched the videos/played the game? It may help you to see the connection... especially the end of the main story where you see a quick glimpse/teaser of a dragon in Fantasyland. :)

GrumpyFan

Have you gone out to the FLE website and watched the videos/played the game? It may help you to see the connection... especially the end of the main story where you see a quick glimpse/teaser of a dragon in Fantasyland. :)

Yes, I have seen all the pics and videos, but I still don't get the connection to Belle, Gaston, Ariel and the Seven Dwarves, nor Storybook circus. It just doesn't really fit within ANY of those story-lines. I'm just speculating that this is a teaser for something new that Disney's getting ready to unveil, but not necessarily for MK.

What "game" are you referring to? I've seen the FLE site and been thru all the different areas, but I didn't see a game.

SirLink

Yes, I have seen all the pics and videos, but I still don't get the connection to Belle, Gaston, Ariel and the Seven Dwarves, nor Storybook circus. It just doesn't really fit within ANY of those story-lines. I'm just speculating that this is a teaser for something new that Disney's getting ready to unveil, but not necessarily for MK.

What "game" are you referring to? I've seen the FLE site and been thru all the different areas, but I didn't see a game.

All the dragon is for is the big press event on is it the 5th or 6th ..........

taz0162

Yeah there is a game. It was emailed to me when I signed up for FLE updates.

ExtinctJenn

Yeah there is a game. It was emailed to me when I signed up for FLE updates.
If you go to the New Fantasyland site you have to play a little game to collect the 4 symbols on the shield (you find bubbles to unlock the secrets of each area). At the very end of the entire experience there is a shot of a dragon. It's quick and very "teaser" like.

While the dragon storyline doesn't tie to any of the princesses/movies/etc. I think that's the point. They are developing a story line for the entire land because none of the things in the land have any connection with each other.

I believe it was - confirmed that it was built for a different park - by the insiders
I think the idea of the posts above re: linking it to New Fantasyland is that the "insiders" were potentially wrong (especially since it's been seen testing over the past couple weeks in Orlando but there hasn't been a single thing done related to Avatar). I don't think there was ever an official statement that it was even for a Disney Park and the insiders here have said everything from it being related to Avatarland to going overseas.

SirLink

I think the idea of the posts above re: linking it to New Fantasyland is that the "insiders" were potentially wrong (especially since it's been seen testing over the past couple weeks in Orlando but there hasn't been a single thing done related to Avatar). I don't think there was ever an official statement that it was even for a Disney Park and the insiders here have said everything from it being related to Avatarland to going overseas.

Yes you have to test it, especially if it is to be used for *shudders* "The Grand Opening"... no one on this site mentioned this was for World of Avatar...built for overseas...TDO needed something dramatic for the press junket for FLE... that is all!

Hi, ok well I have just replayed the NFL game over and over trying to spot the dragon and I only see a teaser of the evil queen from Snow White...:confused: Can you tell me where to spot it? Thank you! :)

GrumpyFan

All the dragon is for is the big press event on is it the 5th or 6th ..........
So, would that be for the FLE Grand Opening (minus Seven Dwarves), or the "What's Next" event, the day after?
If it's for the "What's Next" event, I might could see that, but I certainly don't see any tie-in whatsoever with FLE unless they are planning a new show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom