Disney Imagineering Testing Dragon

NiarrNDisney

When you said that Disney was testing the Dragon for Avatarland I had thought you meant the "One" that resides under the bridge that they used to have blow fire back when the Discovery River Boats were in use.

dman1373

this makes me thing if there making the whole beast and not just the part that the rider sees then maybe it could travel over the rest of avatarland. Kind like how the dumbo does in dumbos new que. It could go out of the show building then back in.

Mike K

While it seems many are convinced this isn't Avatar related, I'm not entirely convinced yet on that. Although, it's totally plausible this could be for something new and unknown which is exciting. Perhaps for a new nighttime show in one of the parks? Maybe it'll end up as Pete's Dragon to light up the sky at Magic Kingdom?... Wishful thinking ;)

Mike K

The creatures in Avatar, do not breathe fire. It may be for Disney, but it's not for avatar.

That's true but then again since Avatarland isn't expected until 2015/2016, the Avatar sequels which are currently being prepped for release around the same time could very well include dragons that breathe fire. It seems unlikely especially since Lee more or less confirmed it wasn't Avatar related, I'm just saying anything could be possible. Although, as unlikely as this sounds, it would be pretty neat if it was something Pete's Dragon related. Similar to how Disneyland had Dumbo flying around Cinderella castle during that nighttime show. It could happen haha

lazyboy97o

Has not most of the little bit of news regarding Avatarland pointed to something that would be significantly indoors?

Moving the project to Orlando so early does not seem to indicate anything regarding use. The issue of keeping away prying eyes seems to be the most plausible explanation. If sent to Orlando, this does not mean they would be doing test flights over Walt Disney World. It more likely means that sending the team to a place that already has an established presence is more convenient, and the team can then go out into more rural areas to carry out testing away from many interested eyes.

jumblue

No way this could be for an attraction/ride vehicle.

I can't imagine what an insurance/liability nightmare it would be to have guests piloting one of these. When you have people crashing sea racers and suing, I can't even begin to think of the damage that could be done with one of these... even without breathing fire!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This technology could clearly be used to Avatar, but I don't think this specific dragon would be used for Avatar since the design is not quite right. It looks like a much more traditional dragon design then something that would appear in Avatar.

Mike K

I wouldn't doubt that this could be for Shangahi Disneyland since the park's intent is to lean heavily on Chinese themes so the idea of dragons fits in nicely. If so, there in for a treat because this thing already looks impressive in its testing stage.

Mimi

I don't know why anyone would think it could be for Avatarland. Would Disney really be testing show elements before working on attractions?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I don't know why anyone would think it could be for Avatarland. Would Disney really be testing show elements before working on attractions?
Doubtful its a show element, if it indeed related to AVATAR. At this time frame, how about the possibility that its for a media event to announce the specifics of AVATARland? The system could later be used in some kind of show.

WDWFREAK53

I could see this being used for an eventual nighttime show and be used for three different things.

1. Avatar dragon
2. Mythical dragon (to finally bring one to the parks)
3. Pterodactyl

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom