Disney Imagineering Testing Dragon

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Looks pretty amazing wherever is going to be lucky enough to receive it... Guessing we are a LONG way off from seeing anything like this in park?

threeyoda

Not developed for Avatar. I believe it is related to a nighttime show....somewhere.
Not WDW originally, but certainly it could be utilized there in the proper setting.

Well even if it wasn't developed for Avatar specifically, could it be used there in some fashion? The shape of the dragon almost exactly matches the dragons in Avatar. I could see this being used in a nighttime show there, which would hide the parachute and fan propeller thing. It could look really cool.

threeyoda

Stitch Kingdom. This is what they said:

According to the report, the dragon has been making monthly appearances at the airport where Disney has been renting a hangar, golf cart and other paraphernalia and plans to ship the dragon (not fly it) to Orlando later this summer.

While all signs point to possible research for Avatarland at Disney's Animal Kingdom, one commenter on the original photo in May says its not Avatar related, though she wasn't sure what the intent was. To her credit, she was also able to note the flying puppet would be able to breath fire as well as that it would return to the airport for further testing in June/July.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Stitch Kingdom. This is what they said:

According to the report, the dragon has been making monthly appearances at the airport where Disney has been renting a hangar, golf cart and other paraphernalia and plans to ship the dragon (not fly it) to Orlando later this summer.
While all signs point to possible research for Avatarland at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, one commenter on the original photo in May says it’s not Avatar related, though she wasn’t sure what the intent was. To her credit, she was also able to note the flying puppet would be able to breathe fire as well that it would return to the airport for further testing in June/July.

Shipping to Orlando is speculation at best

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Agreed.
I will check around, but I don't know of a good reason for it to be shipped to Florida.

Unless its for further workbut if initial tests prove successful i see it being shipped to asia

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom