Disney Imagineering Testing Dragon

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Isn't there just the Kraken?

In the movies yes, but nothing says that this attraction will only have elements from the movies in it. I really don't have any idea what the OP saw, just speculating this as a possibility since it's the only major new thing currently in the works at DHS. It's also possible it has nothing to do with DHS and is just being brought there to be worked on in one of the empty sound stages.

ExtinctJenn

The dragon at Fantasmic! was working in full force on our last trip but that was a year ago. I grabbed tons of shots of him because I knew he hadn't been working prior and thought it was kind of incredible that he was. Now... that's not to say they aren't replacing him BUT let's be honest here... the chances of them doing that right now are probably slim.

@danlb_2000 my first thought was along the lines of what you're saying... that it wasn't meant for DHS but is being stored at DHS. I just read some news that a whole team of Imagineers were officially signed onto the Avatar project and we all know there's plenty of dragon like creatures in that movie so maybe it's something destined for AK? Without pictures it's hard to say!

Patricia Melton

Just drove past DHS and noticed a huge dragon like creature under a mesh black tarp being delivered. Maybe for Fantasmic?

I don't know. Since there are no pictures I don't know if this is true or not. But I think it would be exciting if this was real. Wish you had snapped a photo with a digital camera or cellphone or something. Even a blurry one would have been great.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Murphy (Snap) was proposed in 2010. Build one, get a second half price. But TDO thought even that was too expensive.

Bear in mind Orlando's still appears from behind the hill. Anaheims now comes out of the stage. A lot of work would need to be done in DHS for a new dragon pit. Unless of course DHS is getting another head on a stick.

Mad Stitch

<Cue the Music>

A Dragon! A dragon!
I swear I saw a dragon
A green and seething fire-breathing monster is in sight
With eyes of red, a lion's head and wings as dark as night
Oh, he has a jaw of gleaming teeth
He's 50 feet in height

It's true! It's true!
Oh, what are we to do?
It's true! It's true!
He'll break us all in two!

Cmdr_Crimson

It wasn't him was it? Be nice to see him in the lagoon area between Odyssey and Test Track..
read-image34.jpg

djkidkaz

It wasn't him was it? Be nice to see him in the lagoon area between Odyssey and Test Track..
read-image34.jpg

It would be very hard for me to pick anything out exactly, but that does somewhat resemble what I saw. It did have some kind of "shark fins" on it similar to those in the picture, except maybe more menacing looking. When I googled Maleficent, it definitely looked similar to that, but it seemed like it was just part of a body rather than a full on dragon. I got the impression it was like the middle half of the dragon up to the head.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is it possible it actually was the dragon from Fantasmic? I don't know how hard it is to remove and re-install, but is it possible it has been removed recently for repairs?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom