Disney Imagineering Testing Dragon

J03Y

how come everyone suspects it to go to China? Disney World can't have cool stuff like this? i think it'd be cool for a show like Fantasmic, or something similar to it. and whether it's for Avatarland or not, it would be cool for a nighttime show in ANY park, would it not?

Tom

Beta Return
If this is for any nighttime show, it would likely be one where the audience is significantly removed from the "stage". While there have been many jokes going around here lately about "Disney won't let anything be over the guests' heads"....it would actually be true in this situation. Flying something like this in close (i.e. dangerous) proximity to guests is very risky. An unexpected gust of wind could prove devastating.

Probably why that old show was staged in a body of water, with lots of buffer.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If this is for any nighttime show, it would likely be one where the audience is significantly removed from the "stage". While there have been many jokes going around here lately about "Disney won't let anything be over the guests' heads"....it would actually be true in this situation. Flying something like this in close (i.e. dangerous) proximity to guests is very risky. An unexpected gust of wind could prove devastating.

Probably why that old show was staged in a body of water, with lots of buffer.
Lord...I need to find my glasses...I thought you said "with lots of butter"
laugh2.gif

WDW1974

i don't think this is very cool at all ... it looks like what it is ... an ultralight dressed to look like a dragon ... and I hope we don't see it anywhere (I'll be at the Shanghai opening ... provided it ever opens! and I don't really have any desire to see it).

But do we really need five Avatar threads when there is NO news on it? Maybe I should make something up and start a thread since it seems quiet here ...

rioriz

i don't think this is very cool at all ... it looks like what it is ... an ultralight dressed to look like a dragon ... and I hope we don't see it anywhere (I'll be at the Shanghai opening ... provided it ever opens! and I don't really have any desire to see it).

But do we really need five Avatar threads when there is NO news on it? Maybe I should make something up and start a thread since it seems quiet here ...

Considering that there are only about 5 threads here that do not overlap maybe it is time to move on to something different...lets get traffic on the DL board?!?!

WDW1974

Considering that there are only about 5 threads here that do not overlap maybe it is time to move on to something different...lets get traffic on the DL board?!?!

Problem is the MAGICal community is often very lazy ... to the point they visit 1-2 boards and that's it. I am reasonably sure many members here ignore the DLR one because they only visit WDW and don't give a damn about what happens in CA.

There are very few of us who visit all the Disney resorts. We are known as fanboi royalty! (I need my king smiley!)
But I don't want to put an important fact about HKDL down on that board because I damn well know most folks here won't read it. ... But we all need to know when Avatar 6 is coming out and how that might affect an area that may or may not be built at WDW.

rioriz

Problem is the MAGICal community is often very lazy ... to the point they visit 1-2 boards and that's it. I am reasonably sure many members here ignore the DLR one because they only visit WDW and don't give a damn about what happens in CA.

There are very few of us who visit all the Disney resorts. We are known as fanboi royalty! (I need my king smiley!)
But I don't want to put an important fact about HKDL down on that board because I damn well know most folks here won't read it. ... But we all need to know when Avatar 6 is coming out and how that might affect an area that may or may not be built at WDW.

lol well I often visit a "chattier" site to get my news on Dl, HDL, SDL, and DLP resort for my news on worldwide parks...I may never visit HKDL or TDL but I am stoked to see the expansions and especially the Ratatouille ride in WDS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom