Disney Imagineering Testing Dragon

JIMINYCR

This is a last minute addition to the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card game. You use the "MIckey the Dragon Slayer" card to defeat the flying - fire breathing dragon. Once the spell is cast the dragon drops from the sky and the kingdom is saved. :cool:

Longhairbear

Someone we've met who works at Disneyland mentioned the dragon on another website, and claims the dragon is for a night time show at Disneyland, and not for Avatarland at WDW.
It's possible this would be an addition to Tinkerbell, and Dumbo ( and Zero, the ghost dog ) who all fly over the castle during the fireworks shows at Disneyland.

GrumpyFan

Someone we've met who works at Disneyland mentioned the dragon on another website, and claims the dragon is for a night time show at Disneyland, and not for Avatarland at WDW.
It's possible this would be an addition to Tinkerbell, and Dumbo ( and Zero, the ghost dog ) who all fly over the castle during the fireworks shows at Disneyland.

I would think it more fitting as an add-in to Fantasmic, at least in its current design.

ExtinctJenn

I can't see that being something guests would ride... unless it was tethered in some way obviously (which then would defeat the purpose). Interesting. I always love when little things like this pop up and get you thinking.

phi2134

These dragons are definitely not for Avatarland, they do not resemble the creatures from the movie and the creatures in the movie new breathed fire. Plus I think that there would be way too many trees and such in the new Avatarland to even have a good view of these in the sky

wdw71fan

ok, so after I saw the pic online (didn't know ANYTHING about this), I did some digging with a few people... I can tell you it has NOTHING to do with avatar (at least not right now)..

wdw71fan

One of the ultralights had an a accident, so they closed the show because of safety.

Nope... never had an issue as long as it ran.. It was a management decision to end it.. it was not supposed to be a super-long-run-show... It was for the celebration of WDW's 20th anniversary.

jjharvpro

I personally do not think this could be for an attraction. It's got to be for a nighttime show. Whether it be Avatar-related or Fantasmic!, it would definitely be a very cool, welcome addition. At first, I immediately thought Avatar. But hearing others' speculation, I can also easily see this mechanism used for Fantasmic! as the Maleficent dragon. All speculation at this point, so we will have to wait and see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom