Disney Cruise FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose99

Can someone list all the things not included with the cost that you have to pay for? I'm considering a cruise out of NY but I'm afraid of getting slammed with "extras" :brick: Thanks !!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Can someone list all the things not included with the cost that you have to pay for? I'm considering a cruise out of NY but I'm afraid of getting slammed with "extras" :brick: Thanks !!

Included: Dinner
Buffet
Snacks
Kids Clubs
Pools

Not Included: Alcohol
Tips
Seminars
Port Adventures
Dining at Palo/Remi

Rose99

Included: Dinner
Buffet
Snacks
Kids Clubs
Pools

Not Included: Alcohol
Tips
Seminars
Port Adventures
Dining at Palo/Remi
Thank-you !!!!:sohappy:

Are port excursions expensive? Is there somewhere a price listing? I'm so excited they added a New York port,hoping for a few more choices in cruises though, but how is the Magic compared to the newer ship/ships?

And one more question... do you think a 7 and 9 year old would be happy on a ship for 8 days or is that too long ?...... Thank-you again !!!

Crush Dude!

Are port excursions expensive? Is there somewhere a price listing? I'm so excited they added a New York port,hoping for a few more choices in cruises though, but how is the Magic compared to the newer ship/ships?

And one more question... do you think a 7 and 9 year old would be happy on a ship for 8 days or is that too long ?...... Thank-you again !!!

1) Go to Disneycruise.com for lists of excursions plus prices

2) The Magic is the only ship ive been on yet but it was amazing and people that have been on the Dream still love the Magic!!!

3) Our cruise was 11 nights and we had an 8 year old with us and she loved it even more than WDW :eek: The Oceaneers Lab/Club is apparently the BEST THING EVER!!! :wave:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.

Just so you know, cruising out of New York is just a temporary situation for Spring/Summer 2012. All of the itineraries that will be available have already been released. I will be on a Canada cruise out of NY in August. I've never sailed on the Magic but everything I have read about it is that it is very well maintained and is a wonderful experience.

As for the kids, I've rarely heard bad things about how kids experience Disney ships. My niece and nephew have been cruising Disney since they were quite young and are beyond excited to be going back again.

Rose99

Just so you know, cruising out of New York is just a temporary situation for Spring/Summer 2012. All of the itineraries that will be available have already been released. I will be on a Canada cruise out of NY in August. I've never sailed on the Magic but everything I have read about it is that it is very well maintained and is a wonderful experience.

As for the kids, I've rarely heard bad things about how kids experience Disney ships. My niece and nephew have been cruising Disney since they were quite young and are beyond excited to be going back again.
Temporary situation????? Really ??? thats it no more from NY ???...... soryy I'm in shock and may have to make my decision sooner rather than later :confused::shrug::confused:

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster

Crush gave you a good answer, but I'll chime in. The only other money you absolutely have to spend once you've paid for the cruise is tips. Everything else is optional. Technically tips would be optional, but the service is worth it.

Alchohol is optional of course, as are Palo and Remy. You'll find more than enough to eat and drink without using these options.

Port adventures are also optional. You can stay on the ship, you can get off and do things on your own, there's lots of options there.

Another big optional expense would be souvenirs including photos. How much you spend there will definitely be determined by your own willpower!:)

Cruises strive to be all inclusive vacations. Of course they don't ever mind you spending more! Disney is known for not nickeling and dining you as much as other lines. It's one of the only cruise lines to offer free soda onboard for example.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Temporary situation????? Really ??? thats it no more from NY ???...... soryy I'm in shock and may have to make my decision sooner rather than later :confused::shrug::confused:

Yep. They are just bringing the Magic to NYC for a few months in the Spring and Summer of 2012. Starting September 22, 2012 the Magic will go to Galveston, TX for the remainder of 2012. Who knows what will happen for 2013 but I am not counting on a Disney ship coming back to NYC any time soon. If you really want to sail DCL out of NYC, now is the time.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Yep. They are just bringing the Magic to NYC for a few months in the Spring and Summer of 2012. Starting September 22, 2012 the Magic will go to Galveston, TX for the remainder of 2012. Who knows what will happen for 2013 but I am not counting on a Disney ship coming back to NYC any time soon. If you really want to sail DCL out of NYC, now is the time.

I'm with tiggerific. If you want to sail out of NYC, do it in 2012. I think the Magic will be in the Med during that same time in 2013. Only time will tell, but you're a lot safer planning for 2012.

Hopefully we will know the schedule for 2013 soon, but it could be spring before we know.

LeafsFanNL

We are in very early planning stages for a 4 or 7 night cruise out of Port Canaveral in November of 2012. More than likely whichever flight we get from Toronto to Orlando will get in just before midnight.

Can I get a Disney bus that late?

Would we be better off to try to get to Port Canaveral that night, via a Disney bus if possible?

Would we be better off staying by MCO and could we then get a bus to Port Canaveral the next morning.

I know very little about all of this Help!!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We are in very early planning stages for a 4 or 7 night cruise out of Port Canaveral in November of 2012. More than likely whichever flight we get from Toronto to Orlando will get in just before midnight.

Can I get a Disney bus that late?

Would we be better off to try to get to Port Canaveral that night, via a Disney bus if possible?

Would we be better off staying by MCO and could we then get a bus to Port Canaveral the next morning.

I know very little about all of this Help!!

Hi LeafsFan!

You can't get a Disney bus to the port that night. You can get a Disney bus (Magical Express) to a Disney resort that night. So you could either stay at MCO, a local hotel that will get you back to the airport, or go to a Disney resort. The cruise line busses can get you from the Disney resort or the airport the next day.

If you want to get to Port Canaveral that night, there are private shuttle companies or you could rent a car. :)

Crush Dude!

Question For Tammy??

So where you hopin your next Cruise is??

Any Special cruise for Ye Like ye had on the Dream???

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
So where you hopin your next Cruise is??

Any Special cruise for Ye Like ye had on the Dream???

I am hoping and praying like a crazy person that they let us on the Fantasy before everyone else. :D

Otherwise, I'm not sure. I've got a couple of dummy reservations out there to move around in 2013, but I'm definitely hoping for something before that.

Crush Dude!

I am hoping and praying like a crazy person that they let us on the Fantasy before everyone else. :D

Otherwise, I'm not sure. I've got a couple of dummy reservations out there to move around in 2013, but I'm definitely hoping for something before that.

I am too, LOVE to see your Review :wave::wave::wave:

Maybe Eastern Caribbean on The Fantasy on August 25th..... Cya There :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom