Disney Cruise FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going on the cruise with a large group and we've arranged a private shuttle from the airport to the port that allows a stop along the way. Some of the adults wanted to stop at a liquor store for wine to bring on board but I'm just realizing we will be shuttling on a Sunday morning, around 10am (I know, I know, terminal not open that early but unfortunately Jet Blue keeps changing our flight time). Anyway does anyone know if we can even buy alcohol that early in Florida? (I think some states have something about not buying on a Sunday before noon??)

Thanks!

Phonedave

I'm going on the cruise with a large group and we've arranged a private shuttle from the airport to the port that allows a stop along the way. Some of the adults wanted to stop at a liquor store for wine to bring on board but I'm just realizing we will be shuttling on a Sunday morning, around 10am (I know, I know, terminal not open that early but unfortunately Jet Blue keeps changing our flight time). Anyway does anyone know if we can even buy alcohol that early in Florida? (I think some states have something about not buying on a Sunday before noon??)

Thanks!

State law prohibits selling of alcohol between 3 a.m. and 7 a.m., unless the county chooses to change the operating hours later; such as for Sunday morning; Ormond Beach stays open until 7pm on Sundays. Miami-Dade County liquor stores may operate 24 hours a day.

So I guess it depends on what County you stop in. I would think something would be open at that hour.

I took a quick (very quick) look at ABC wines and liquors - they have the following Sunday hours at these locations. Looks like you need to swing though Merritt Island to me :D

-dave

155 6020 N ATLANTIC AVE CAPE CANAVERAL 321-799-0049 1pm - 10pm

123 555 N. ORLANDO AVE. COCOA BEACH 321-783-7260 1pm - 9pm

64 424 E.MERRITT ISLAND CSWY MERRITT ISLAND 321-453-3630 9am - 10pm

146 1105 CLEARLAKE RD. COCOA 321-632-2357 1pm - 9pm

17 55 INTERLACHEN TR MELBOURNE 321-254-6112 1pm - 9pm

Thanks PhoneDave! I noticed you posting in a marathon thread - good luck with Wine & Dine! Heading down myself on Friday for the run - can't wait!!

ChuckElias

Anyway does anyone know if we can even buy alcohol that early in Florida? (I think some states have something about not buying on a Sunday before noon??)

Thanks!
Not sure about the hours, but I know that grocery stores (like Publix) are allowed to sell wine in Florida. So if you can find an open Publix, you might be in luck. I don't know, though, if they keep the alcohol aisle closed until a certain time. You might be able to find out by calling their customer service line at 800-242-1227.

Phonedave

Thanks PhoneDave! I noticed you posting in a marathon thread - good luck with Wine & Dine! Heading down myself on Friday for the run - can't wait!!

Thanks,

Thats when we are heading down.

Fly down Friday morning. Wine and Dine Friday and Saturday. Run 13.1 (slow, bloated, semi-inibrieated) miles Saturday night. Attempt to do something Sunday morning. Fly home Sunday afternoon, getting home around 10:00 PM. Curse the world when I have to wake up at 5:45 AM for work Monday morning.

-dave

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Best times during the course of the day to ride The Aquaduck??? :wave:

Right when you board
During early dinner seating if you have late seating
Morning as soon as it opens
Late at night
On a port day (although that's not as true in Nassau because so many people stay on the ship)

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Right when you board
During early dinner seating if you have late seating
Morning as soon as it opens
Late at night
On a port day (although that's not as true in Nassau because so many people stay on the ship)

Thanks Tammy :wave:

Crush Dude!

^^^
What she said! :lol:

Nassau day it felt like 3 people might have gotten off the ship. Castaway Cay day it felt like everyone on the ship was on the island by lunchtime. My guess would be that is an optimal time for the Aqua Duck. After lunch it seemed like a bunch of folks came back because it got busier up on the pool deck (Deck 11).

I don't know if it's something that's been ongoing but the Aqua Duck was open 'til midnight every night. Our only ride was right after Buccaneer Blast with about a 20 minute wait. I would've done it more but we were just so busy! I imagine late at night is probably a really good time! :wave:

What is this???

Crush Dude!

If i change my booking by upgrading my room do i then have to put down a bit more to cover the deposit??

:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom