Disney Crafting...

SewIn2Disney

I know I'm bringing up an old thread, but I just had to show off my latest Disney craftiness (And I'm hoping we'll entice some new people in here to show off their stuff.
Anyway. Here's three pumpkins we carved last night. Mine's Cinderella Castle (on the left) My sister's is a Jeep (in the middle) and my boyfriends is Stitch (on the right). I created the patterns for the castle and the jeep, and stitch came from a book.

l_3ef50a1a0c05c098b07ac37b91a09f37.jpg

And, here's a picture of my Halloween Costume:

What else have all of you been up to?
I just found a pattern for a crochet Zero (from Nightmare before christmas) that i might have to make (I just saw it in 3D! It was cool!)

Post more pictures!

Vernonpush

Awesome!
This Hobby Lobby place looks awesome! Up here in the NE, we only have (well had---) Hancoks and Rag Shop for fabric. Hancocks just closed half of their stores (not that there were any near me) and Rag Shop went out of business this summer (after I worked there for over 6 years.....) Now all I have is Wal Mart, a local quilt shop (with only cotton) and the internet, which isn't nearly as fun as going into a fabric store. We need to get a Hobby Lobby up here! :: off to search for a website...::
Wal Mart is closing their fabric departments. If the WM near you has any fabric you like, buy it now!

SewIn2Disney

Not all are closing their fabric departments. Most (if not all) are just "rearranging" them. I've got two Wal Mart's near me, one that's been downsized, and one that's still the same. The downsized one has about 25% less fabric, but the same amount of notions, patterns, and yarn in the same department. They moved the scrapbooking and wedding near the stationary sections, and it seems as if they've done away with the jewerly making and "general craft" section. While I still would rather the everything in one place fabric dept, the downsized section isn't too bad. I only go there in an emergency anyway. If I want quality fabric I'll take my time and travel to a good fabric store or order it online (fabric.com is wonderful!). It's still not the same as having the Rag Shop back, or having a Hobby Lobby near me, but it'll suffice. Besides I've got enough fabric in my stash to last me until I have great great great grandchildren...lol.

DisneyGigi

Wow!! You guys are amazing!
I cannot for the life of crochet and I have tried over and over again! :mad:
Slacker your paintings are awesome!!! I love the ToT too! :eek:

The only thing that I do crafty is I bake cakes, I love to cook & bake, (sheet/b-day) DH, the artistic one free-hand draws Mickey & other characters on the cake & I fill in with color. (So, I guess I am a baker and inker in this process..:ROFLOL:) I will post a pic of our next Disney creation. We just do it for fun and for family/friends but we love it!

SewIn2Disney

ooh! cute! Did you make that?
You got the light blue color perfect! (It was hard finding light blue broadcloth around here--that's why mine is so dark)

And were you wearing a wig, or is that your real hair? You totally look just like Alice!

J_Krafty24

After a little thinking here's the pattern I came up with... It may not be perfect or exact, but it's a start... I'm glad ppl enjoyed this pattern...

Size H crochet hook, but can be changed according to desired size

With black yarn...

Ch 5 and Sl st to first ch to form loop.

Row 1: Ch 3 (will represent 1st dc now and throughout pattern), 17 dcs in the ring, Sl st in 3rd ch to join (18 dcs)

Row 2: Ch 3 and dc in same chain, 2 dc in each stitch around circle, Sl st in the 3rd ch to join (36 dcs)

(Next row gets a little weird; I'm not exactly sure how to describe it)

Row 3: Sl st in next 7 dc, 1st mickey ear[Ch 5 and Sl st in first chain to form loop, Ch 3 and sc in the dc containing the 5 Sl st from the row 3 (kind of working backwards; be careful here to keep maintain the front of the project), 17 dc in newly formed loop, Sl st 2nd dc after the loop to join ear to head], 24 Sl st (use best judgment for correct ear placement), 2nd Mickey ear [same as 1st ear], finish off.

With red yarn...
Row 4: sc in each dc around mickey head (sc in dc of row 2 not in Sl sts of Row 3), finish off (again for this row use best judgment for sc placement)

Joining....
I made 13 lucky mickey heads, but number depends on desired length of scarf. Simply whip st to join ears of one head to the bottom of adjacent head.

Since these heads are so quick to make, I've been thinking of a mickey head afghan, but I haven't had the time... if anyone uses this pattern I would be interested to see what you did!

Questions or comments? Email: sprocketfish@neomail.com

A few months ago I gave this pattern to my grandma hoping she would be able to teach me how to make it. She used the pattern to make me a hanky with mickey heads all around the boarders of it. I carried it at my wedding that was at Disney on September 1st :D (When I finally get around to getting pics online I'll remember to post one of the hanky on here.)

EpcotGrl

ooh! cute! Did you make that?
You got the light blue color perfect! (It was hard finding light blue broadcloth around here--that's why mine is so dark)

And were you wearing a wig, or is that your real hair? You totally look just like Alice!

Thank you! I love yours, too! My friend helped me make it as my sewing skills are minimal. Did learn how to read a pattern, though! :lol: It's a wig, because I hate hair :animwink:. Thanks!! Happy Halloween!

eagles

all of your crafts are amazing!

i sure wished i could make a quilt, i have tried, but it does not work for me.

i love painting, but nothing comes out the way i want it to.

so i stick now with scrapbooking.

mouselvrmom

Sew in 2 disney, those are awesome pumpkins! I love them! We have that stitch pattern, but the castle is amazing! I showed my hubby since he is the one who usually ends up carving, and he was impressed. He said you did a great job,too!

This year the kids decided to just make jackolanterns. But we did do two disney ones, a cheshire cat and a mickey.

SewIn2Disney

A few months ago I gave this pattern to my grandma hoping she would be able to teach me how to make it. She used the pattern to make me a hanky with mickey heads all around the boarders of it. I carried it at my wedding that was at Disney on September 1st :D (When I finally get around to getting pics online I'll remember to post one of the hanky on here.)
Ooh! I can't wait to see it! Hurry up---get around to it! lol

mouselvrmom--I'd love to see your pumpkins too!
and thanks for all of the compliments on the pumpkins! making the pattern wasn't too hard---cutting it was---next time I'll leave more pumpkin intact...lol

slacker

Ooooooh, pumpkins!! good idea!! I carved Chernabog into mine! I'll post the picture when it's dark out and it's lit!

Awesome idea!

Also, i missed it when this thread came back in September and I thank everyone for the nice comments about my paintings!!

Wbnemo1

there are some really great pieces and crafts on this thread..I'd love to contribute some photos , but I'm a pro-model maker and not sure this applies. the models myself and pattern making partner Rich Allsmiller made, some of the collectors here may actually own, not sure, but they were patterned by myself and Rich. The first one we did was in 2004 and was the Official Walt Disney Productions 50th Anniversary Nautilus figurine for the upcoming anniversary of the film at the time. The next one I patterned was the little Main Street Gazeebo for the limeted edition pewter set. Then, for the upcomomg 50th Anniversary of Disneyland, we did a few different patterns. First up was a 1959 Disneyland Mark1 monorail. this was realized in O scale and diecast, A wonderful collector piece I absolutley adore. This was followed by a 1955 Jungle boat replica of the Congo Queen. After these were finished and sent off, we then patterned a Casey Jr Ticket Booth and a MR toad ride attraction vehicle replica figurine. Once again the Toad car was a diecast piece and looked great... So that's what I've done at least Disney wise...
I will post pics of the pieces if there is any interest, again not sure if this would be the right thread, though that Tower of terror looks fantastic :)
Sincerely,
Will aka..........BABS

Tigggrl

Hi Will! Of course we would love to see your work! I bet you get asked tips too....Everyone has a special talent, and love to share.
Post away!

Wbnemo1

Howdy,
It's true, I do get asked alot of questions about model making and patterning, ya can never know too much in this line of work, always learnin something new. Ok here are the photos, I had to borrow one of the Toad car from a photo I found on the Internet asI didn't get an AP of this... If the original author of the Image wants it taken down, just let me know

Sincerely,
Will

AP1.jpg

AP2.jpg

GZBOMASTR.jpg

MK1PRD1.jpg

MK1PRD2.jpg

MK1PRD3.jpg

PRDJCBOAT.jpg

CSYJRBOOTH1.jpg

CSYJRBOOTH2.jpg

TOAD.jpg

SewIn2Disney

Awesome! I love the detail! I'm a little confused by what you do. You create the first model and then they are sent off for production and sale? Or do you create each model by hand for sale? Were these the models that were for sale on the disneyshopping.com website last year for the HCOE? They look very familiar.
Either way they are awesome! I especially like the Jungle Cruise model---I don't quite know why, I just do. And the Fantasyland ticket booth is adorable.

Wbnemo1

Howdy sorry the confusion. Yes they are the same figurines that have been available on Disney shopping. We did the master patterns for these pieces, then sent them off to be produced for the limtd edition pieces. basically, I collected the reference photos and or technical drawings for the piece if I could get them. I used the information from these references to come up with a set of working drawings using Cad software. From these I made patterns. Then I made a physical model using various media, wood, plastic, metal, and rubber. Once this is finished I made pattern tools using RTV silicone rubber. These molds were then cast to make parts masters which were then sent to the represenatives for the Disney Store Catelog. They took these patterns and sent them to there production facility for the final production pieces that were offered.
The Jungle boat is one of my favorites too. It has a special place in my collection as I, as a JC skipper, got to model our old style boat( to a degree). The Casey Jr ticket booth looked simple enough at first, until I came to the realization there are all kinds of angles in the architecture...reminds me of a Frank Loyd Wright style...or Tim Burton.....with a blue, gray and black rustic paint scheme, it would look straight out of Nightmare before Christmas style housing lol. The Disney Nautilus is my all time favorite piece in cinematic history. I've adored this submarine since I was a child and is the reason I wanted to work for Disney in the first place. Getting to build this piece with my best friend and all time Nautilus Historian, Rich Allsmiller, was dream come true for me. Anyway, hope this helps clear a few things up :)
Sincerely,
Will.........aka BABS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom