Disney Crafting...

MissM

I know I'm resurrecting a thread from months ago, but I made this recently and was reminded of this awesome thread and thought I'd share.

I participate in a monthly themed swap group. We do themed packages each month and are paired up with someone to make one for you. Anyway, this month's theme is "Local Harvest" and since I live here in Florida, I'm doing things which highlight Florida's draws like the beaches and of course, the theme parks. So I got a cheap, unfinished wood frame from the craft store and a couple old park maps of mine and decoupaged it to look like this:

wdw-parkmap-frame.jpg

(Though you can't see, the sides are done as well so it's fully covered with no exposed, raw wood. It's just hard to photograph properly!)

It's the first time I've decoupaged something, so it was a learning process. I used Mod Podge and got full of glue but I had a great time. And I think my partner is really going to get a kick out of it. I plan on putting a nice Castle shot in the frame as well to finish it off.

Most of my crafts aren't Disney related, but this one was and it was so much fun to make, so I thought I'd share! :D
-m

EchoOfOphelia

Holy cow, that art is amazing! And i love the Belle dress! I quilt, but have always wanted to make clothes. I'm impressed. Everyone keep up the good work!

tigsmom

No my mickey head is dc... like I said I just made it up as I went... I'm counting the sts and such and making a pattern right now... I'm almost finished...

I would love that when you are done, if you don't mind. Its fantastic! :king:

EDIT: found your pattern!

tigsmom

Wow... the quilts are AMAZING! and the paintings... BEAUTIFUL!!!

I sew (but not quilts) custom boutique clothing for children (I sell on eBay). I did several days' worth of coordinated outfits for my 3 kids for our most recent trip. I am always on the lookout for vintage disney fabrics to work with... so much nicer than the newer ones. Sheets work well for fabric too.

I also have made jewelry in Disney themes.

Holly

Yes they do! When The Little Mermaid came out I bought a set for my then little one and and extra flat sheet to make curtains. I used trimmings of Ariel, Sebastian and Flounder to make her a tee shirt or two.

tigsmom

I know I'm resurrecting a thread from months ago, but I made this recently and was reminded of this awesome thread and thought I'd share.

I participate in a monthly themed swap group. We do themed packages each month and are paired up with someone to make one for you. Anyway, this month's theme is "Local Harvest" and since I live here in Florida, I'm doing things which highlight Florida's draws like the beaches and of course, the theme parks. So I got a cheap, unfinished wood frame from the craft store and a couple old park maps of mine and decoupaged it to look like this:

wdw-parkmap-frame.jpg

(Though you can't see, the sides are done as well so it's fully covered with no exposed, raw wood. It's just hard to photograph properly!)

It's the first time I've decoupaged something, so it was a learning process. I used Mod Podge and got full of glue but I had a great time. And I think my partner is really going to get a kick out of it. I plan on putting a nice Castle shot in the frame as well to finish it off.

Most of my crafts aren't Disney related, but this one was and it was so much fun to make, so I thought I'd share! :D
-m

I'm glad you did because I missed this the first time thru :lol:

I haven't done decoupage in years, yours looks great and what a great idea!

SewIn2Disney

wdw-parkmap-frame.jpg

-m
Very nice!
I just bought a bar stool at a garage sale over the weekend. I have plans to sand it so it's rough and decoupage it with all Disney images. I've got stacks and stacks of brouchures at home.....I've filed away one of each, and the rest are to cut up and decoupage. Isnt' mod podge wonderful?
You did an awesome job---I'll have to add some park maps to my collage...I like the way it looks!

MissM

I'm glad you did because I missed this the first time thru :lol:

I haven't done decoupage in years, yours looks great and what a great idea!
Thanks! It was super fun. (And messy! But that was half the fun. :lol: )

Very nice!
I just bought a bar stool at a garage sale over the weekend. I have plans to sand it so it's rough and decoupage it with all Disney images. I've got stacks and stacks of brouchures at home.....I've filed away one of each, and the rest are to cut up and decoupage. Isnt' mod podge wonderful?
You did an awesome job---I'll have to add some park maps to my collage...I like the way it looks!
Mod Podge rocks! It came out way more colorful and fun than I even planned. Thanks and have fun too! (And share when you've completed yours!)
-m

Tigggrl

How cool is that? I go to local garage sales and such and buy up multiple copies of older or newer Disney books just for the intention of cutting them up for decopauge. It rocks! Nice Job!

hcswingfield

Here are some shirts I made. The Mickey fabric is from Hobby Lobby, the trim is a "fireworks and stars" patterned fabric we found at Wal-Mart. We adapted a basic Hawaiian shirt pattern to have the contrasting facings. I've also attached a close up of collar detail.

Attachments

• MIckey shirts for posting.jpg
    MIckey shirts for posting.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 111

tigsmom

Here are some shirts I made. The Mickey fabric is from Hobby Lobby, the trim is a "fireworks and stars" patterned fabric we found at Wal-Mart. We adapted a basic Hawaiian shirt pattern to have the contrasting facings.

Those are great!!! :sohappy:

And such handsome guys too. :cool:

hcswingfield

Here are some shirts I made. The Mickey fabric is from Hobby Lobby, the trim is a "fireworks and stars" patterned fabric we found at Wal-Mart. We adapted a basic Hawaiian shirt pattern to have the contrasting facings. I've also attached a close up of collar detail.
I'm still trying to post the detail!

Attachments

• Detail.jpg
    Detail.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 79

Eyorefan

Love the shirts. Its things like this that make me sad I can't sew.

SewIn2Disney

Awesome!
This Hobby Lobby place looks awesome! Up here in the NE, we only have (well had---) Hancoks and Rag Shop for fabric. Hancocks just closed half of their stores (not that there were any near me) and Rag Shop went out of business this summer (after I worked there for over 6 years.....) Now all I have is Wal Mart, a local quilt shop (with only cotton) and the internet, which isn't nearly as fun as going into a fabric store. We need to get a Hobby Lobby up here! :: off to search for a website...::

tigsmom

Awesome!
This Hobby Lobby place looks awesome! Up here in the NE, we only have (well had---) Hancoks and Rag Shop for fabric. Hancocks just closed half of their stores (not that there were any near me) and Rag Shop went out of business this summer (after I worked there for over 6 years.....) Now all I have is Wal Mart, a local quilt shop (with only cotton) and the internet, which isn't nearly as fun as going into a fabric store. We need to get a Hobby Lobby up here! :: off to search for a website...::

We had Rag Shop & AC Moore for the longest time. Then they brought in a Ben Franklin and a Joanne's. They put them all within a couple of miles of each other. :hammer: Ben Franklin and Joanne's closed, then the Rag Shop closed. Then some genius thought it was a good idea to put Michael's right next door to ACMoore (they share a wall)....AC Moore will be closing and now the only game within 25 miles will be a Michael's. I like the store, but I thought the competition and more varied stock was better for the customers.

Wendy517

No Hobby Lobby? :veryconfu That's awful! We have them here in IL, and they're wonderful. Even my DH loves to tag along. I'm more the craft person, and he's the artist, but we always find something there. We also have JoAnn Fabrics - which is way more than just fabrics! It is a crafters paradise.
Time to get started on some projects of my own. Thanks for the inspiration :sohappy:

SewIn2Disney

We had Rag Shop & AC Moore for the longest time. Then they brought in a Ben Franklin and a Joanne's. They put them all within a couple of miles of each other. :hammer: Ben Franklin and Joanne's closed, then the Rag Shop closed. Then some genius thought it was a good idea to put Michael's right next door to ACMoore (they share a wall)....AC Moore will be closing and now the only game within 25 miles will be a Michael's. I like the store, but I thought the competition and more varied stock was better for the customers.

We have both Michaels and AC Moore within 20 minutes of me, and JoAnnes is about 45 minutes away. I like all three for different reasons....but I miss my Rag Shop :cry: It was literally 3 minutes from my house, and it really was my second home. But we had been struggling for two years.....the liquidation was sad. It sucks when stores make bad decisions like putting them so close together, and then it forces one out. They both have different things to offer (and some of the same obviously) but why can't they live harmoniously together?

No Hobby Lobby? :veryconfu That's awful! We have them here in IL, and they're wonderful. Even my DH loves to tag along. I'm more the craft person, and he's the artist, but we always find something there. We also have JoAnn Fabrics - which is way more than just fabrics! It is a crafters paradise.
Time to get started on some projects of my own. Thanks for the inspiration :sohappy:

I just checked Hobby Lobby's website....none on the west coast, and none in the northeast. The closest to NJ would be in VA....:hammer:
Hobby Lobby sounds perfect to me! I love sewing, fine arts and crafts....and hobby lobby sounds like it has it all! Michaels and AC Moore do not have fabrics, but they have more then enough to keep the crafter in me happy!

~Tinkerbell~

I love this thread! Unfortunately I don't have anything to contribute myself, but everyone's work is great! slacker, your paintings are beautiful, they're really amazing. And Disneyfan2000, your Tower of Terror is so effective!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom