Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Mike S

Get over it. Finally we are making the changes that need to be made in order to freshen the place up. Disneyland doesn't look like the same park that opened 59 years ago. EPCOT needs the attention and you will be thrilled with the numerous changes.
If these are the kind of changes to look forward to i'd rather Epcot stay stale until more competent people are in charge. Thanks to my Uni AP, the wait won't be TOO bad.

Last edited:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Maelstrom never did it for me anyway.

Maelstrom was hyped before it opened as Epcot's Pirates of the Caribbean, but it never was. It just wasn't.
I'll give Frozen a chance. From the number of happy travelers I've seen leaving these pavilions, 3 Amigos didn't ruin the River of Time and Nemo didn't ruin the Living Seas, so Frozen will give its fans a reason to go to Norway and Epcot will be just fine.
Doug, the only thing against your argument, is that Donald and Nemo weren't at a saturation point even close to this. Even Nemo, not even close. We are reaching the point of beating the dead horse and seeing glue.

Moniemon97

Honestly what is Disney thinking, EPCOT isn't a place for these characters. EPCOT is about the future, and learning about different cultures and technology, it is no place for Frozen. I'm not the biggest fan of Maelstrom but COME ON, have some respect Disney. Frozen seriously? Maelstrom may be outdated but at least its functioning, you would think Disney would fix Imagination or the wonders of life pavilion before they started renovation a perfectly good ride! I am extremely disappointed to say the least.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Even the "clairvoyant" didn't turn out to have those powers. But he did have a high-level shield clearance.
Phil Coulson approves of this post

6b5c55be82d2d13ac461f0e4f8ca4ea8.jpg

Big Bad Wolf

Tiki Birds are old, but we keep them...tradition they say. Country Bear Jamboree was axed at Disneyland and continues at THE Magic Kingdom, but rarely pulls a full crowd. Yawn. Tradition they say... People use to write in cursive, but now we have media devices for texting, but NO one says let's go back to snail mail. We use to travel by horse, but we now we have vehicles and planes, but no one wants to go back to walking and horses...This is the future people not a tired dinosaur museum. Have you walked around EPCOT lately in Future World and wondered...wow...this could be something, but here we have the start of a fresh beginning..Way to Go Tim and George!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Tiki Birds are old, but we keep them...tradition they say. Country Bear Jamboree was axed at Disneyland and continues at THE Magic Kingdom, but rarely pulls a full crowd. Yawn. Tradition they say... People use to write in cursive, but now we have media devices for texting, but NO one says let's go back to snail mail. We use to travel by horse, but we now we have vehicles and planes, but no one wants to go back to walking and horses...This is the future people not a tired dinosaur museum. Have you walked around EPCOT lately in Future World and wondered...wow...this could be something, but here we have the start of a fresh beginning..Way to Go Tim and George!
Honestly, what are you going on about? You're really trying too hard. Let it go....

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Not all change is good change. Most people here probably aren't opposed to change, as long as it's positive change.

Oh, and BTW...

https://www.facebook.com/ILoveSnailMail

FigmentFreak

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but does anyone know if they are going to gut Maelstrom and make an entirely different ride or are they gonna keep the boat ride and the same length but re-themed?

With current management expect cardboard cut outs of Anna/Else/Olaf, painting everything white like it's now covered in snow, and a sheet over the troll to make it into Marshmallow, the giant snow creature from the movie.

djlaosc

I could not agree more.

What could we tear down in the UK so we could put up a Brave attraction?

dr-evil-laugh-o.gif

I would hold on to that idea until after next week, but then again, this is Disney, and apparently the ride no longer needs to be related to the pavilion...

So, why not have a UK pavilion that potentially will not feature Scotland anymore, with a fictional Scottish princess in it...

mouse_luv

Honestly what is Disney thinking, EPCOT isn't a place for these characters. EPCOT is about the future, and learning about different cultures and technology, it is no place for Frozen. I'm not the biggest fan of Maelstrom but COME ON, have some respect Disney. Frozen seriously? Maelstrom may be outdated but at least its functioning, you would think Disney would fix Imagination or the wonders of life pavilion before they started renovation a perfectly good ride! I am extremely disappointed to say the least.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I agree with what you are saying here but honestly, and sarcastically towards Disney, I have to say this: They didn't fix the other 2 pavilions yet b/c they can't stick Frozen in there lol!;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom