Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

BrerJon

My friends who have seen the artist renderings, said it could be a good ride if they make the ride exactly like the artist renderings and don't cheap out on it.

I can imagine stuff that looks great in concept art basically being little more than a HD video in real life.

I really dislike the trend for using video screens for everything instead of animatronics, but I can see them using a lot on this ride.

Pirate665

Well, I guess there is no reason for Ratatouille not to come to France in the world Showcase.
You already have frozen in Norway...might as well bring the E-ticket rat ride to france.

Just make Frozen a ride great...I don't care about the norway boat ride, it was decent but not great. Make a great ride and everyone will be happy.
Make a great ride and it's a smart move by Disney.

The best visual effect built though will sadly probably not be reused. There used to be a great effect of real lightening in the ride. Very simple Tesla coil effect but extremely cool. Best part of hitting the water near the oil rig was to look up and see the lightening.

mousehockey37

It's 'free' if you come to the 'Frozen Dessert Party', ($129.95 + tax), coming soon to World Showcase.

No, the Frozen Soiree will first be appearing during MVMCP at $150 + tax. Remember, they will take the Frozen characters out of the M&G in the park and place them solely in CRT where you can only see them there or in the parade.

After Christmas, they'll move them over to WS and start with what you suggested. The Frozen Dessert Party for IlluminICEtions.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I could see them demolishing the boat ride and having a trackless ride, Ratatouille/Pooh style, with snow sleds, but with lots of screens (as in Paris) instead of animatronics (as in Tokyo). It can't take too long to gut a show building and put a track and some video screens up.
If they go trackless, that could make it a really good ride without a need for more room. One of the interesting things about the Tokyo Pooh ride to me is how the ride is long(-ish) but small(-ish), because the cars go back and forth (and around, and through, etc.).

But I don't think that'll happen. I think we'll get in boats and ride the same track. Big monster snowman will attack us and push us "Back, Back, Over the Falls" and turn to follow a leaping Olaf (on a screen, 'natch), allowing us to escape down the waterfall.

MKCP 1985

Maelstrom never did it for me anyway.

Maelstrom was hyped before it opened as Epcot's Pirates of the Caribbean, but it never was. It just wasn't.
I'll give Frozen a chance. From the number of happy travelers I've seen leaving these pavilions, 3 Amigos didn't ruin the River of Time and Nemo didn't ruin the Living Seas, so Frozen will give its fans a reason to go to Norway and Epcot will be just fine.

worldfanatic

I had no problem with the Three Amigos taking over the Mexico ride.
For me, that turned out to be a welcome change.

This is different, much different.

Maelstrom, while way too short a ride, is still a classic. And a classic that still draws heavy ridership.

The one and only way they can redeem themselves for this decision is an announcement of at least one new Epcot Country Pavilion which includes a solid ride.
Not a movie or show, but a ride.

And this Frozen makeover better be cutting edge as well. Not something slapped together.

I'm not holding my breath.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I had no problem with the Three Amigos taking over the Mexico ride.
3-amigos-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom