Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

BrerJon

I don't know why you guys still think this will be a cheap overlay. It's clearly written a BRAND NEW ATTRACTION.

I could see them demolishing the boat ride and having a trackless ride, Ratatouille/Pooh style, with snow sleds, but with lots of screens (as in Paris) instead of animatronics (as in Tokyo). It can't take too long to gut a show building and put a track and some video screens up.

BlackCauldron

Disney Insider also has a brief post about the Frozen overlay, stating that "the attraction will end with a greeting location, where Anna and Elsa will receive their royal visitors ." From the way it was worded, it sounds like the ride exit will funnel into the M&G, much like the current exit funnels into the theater. Yeah, that's going to turn into a hot mess. And they better have a bypass, because that's one exit I wan't to immediately get out of.

raven

Totally sickened by Disney poor choice is removing yet another classic attraction (that still pulls large crowds) in favor of a movie that is "hot at the moment."

Just how many areas in Epcot are there that are dead or have very low attendance? Several. I realize the reason for putting it in the Norway location but come on. Remove the trailers between Mexico and Norway then ADD the attraction.

Why do they continue to REMOVE attractions when they could ADD? Just a stupid move IMHO.

aladdin2007

Totally sickened by Disney poor choice is removing yet another classic attraction (that still pulls large crowds) in favor of a movie that is "hot at the moment."

Just how many areas in Epcot are there that are dead or have very low attendance? Several. I realize the reason for putting it in the Norway location but come on. Remove the trailers between Mexico and Norway then ADD the attraction.

Why do they continue to REMOVE attractions when they could ADD? Just a stupid move IMHO.

Because its cheaper, thats all it comes down to. They can save a bunch of money instead of doing what they should.

Mike S

Or just put it somewhere else and keep it out of Epcot to begin with.

CinematicFusion

Well, I guess there is no reason for Ratatouille not to come to France in the world Showcase.
You already have frozen in Norway...might as well bring the E-ticket rat ride to france.

Just make Frozen a ride great...I don't care about the norway boat ride, it was decent but not great. Make a great ride and everyone will be happy.
Make a great ride and it's a smart move by Disney.

Pixie VaVoom

Guys, I think I know the real problem. Bob Iger suffers from a Frozen© heart. All he needs is an act of true love, and we can keep Maelstrom. Somebody go give him a hug!

If that is truly the case...his sorry tuckus is gonna STAY FROZEN !!! You couldn't get LEO BUSCAGLIA to hug that guy !!

( Dr leo Buscaglia, aka "Dr. Love" - hugged the most people recorded 2009, London - St Pancras Station)

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Nobody has asked the big question here... will there be a themed toilet?
DIXt42l.gif

well done!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Has there ever been a time where Disney or any other fans have welcomed change?

Well.. There's a feeewwwww.....

Monster Inc. Laugh Floor
Test Track overlay
SUM of all Thrills
O' Canada with Martin Short
Soarin' (when it FIRST opened in Epcot)
Mount Everest
Star Tours II

Nothing TOO recent though...

acishere

I'm completely sick of Frozen, but I would have had nothing bad to say about this being added to Fantasyland or DHS.

To remove everything Norwegian from Norway just proves they don't care about the whole purpose of the WS.

I really want another park to team up with the makers of Cosmos or something and make a great educational attraction that will prove to Disney that they could have kept Epcot popular without dumbing it down.

DisUniversal

Better is again relative. What is better/worse to you and me is different that what is better to the majority of people in the country.

You average theme park guest likes an attraction like TT more than WoM.

You average 9 year old loves Turtle Talk more than a trip in the Sea Cabs.

If it gives you any indication of what the general public sees as entertaining, Nicki Minaj has sold millions of records and once had seven singles simultaneously charting on the Billboard top 100.
Who likes the closed Wonder of Life pavilion more than when it was open?
What about Odyssey? How many guests like walking by a closed restaurant vs an open one?
You'd probably find very few who like Mission Space more than Horizons or the latest incarnation of 'Imagination' more than the original.
As for Test Track, may find some...perhaps even many who like it more than WoM, but I've yet to encounter anyone who thinks the current 'redo' of TT is better than the original.

Alektronic

Thanks for injecting some actual info into a thread that was flying off the rails.

Track layout/length looks like it's staying as is then?

If that's the case, I literally can't see anyway this is able to handle the crowds it will surely attract.

I heard that they may try to change the layout in the former queue line area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom