Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

BryceM

I would love to see Star Wars Land be composed of three different "mini-lands". Hoth, Endor and Tatooine. These are the most recognizable and each mini-land could have their own attractions, shops and merchandising that pertain to that area.

For example, you could only buy a Ewok plush in Endor or a miniature pod-racer in Tatooine. Then in Hoth, you can ride an awesome indoor roller coaster where you have to escape from an invaded Rebel base and then help fight the Empire as they invade Hoth.

There is just so much that they can do with Star Wars.

erasure fan1

The only downside would be that song playing nonstop and getting stuck in your head for all eternity... :rolleyes:
I would rather that be stuck in my head than small world! :eek:

As much as I would LOVE a star wars land, I don't see it happening for a very long time. The funny part is, you would think Disney being the franchise milkers that they are, would have been all over a star wars land right out of the gate. Imagine the hype that would go along with a 2015 movie release to reinvigorate the series and a brand new state of the art star wars land to open along side it. Unfortunately we are dealing with people who thought even though they had star wars as an option, Avatar was the best idea for an expansion.

Figgy1

With Disney's recent acquisition of the Star Wars Franchise, I have heard that a new Star Wars themed land is coming to DHS. Might this be instead of Cars Land that everyone is expecting?
That would be great a "slow" dark ride,cantina lots of possibilities. Now if they did that and expanded Pixar Place HS studios would well excede anything Univeral could throw at them

WDW1974

No offense to the new poster (finally one who doesn't appear to be a troll), but it would be helpful if newbies had a post that they had to read before posting that told them things like: check around the site before starting a thread because what you want to talk about or ask about has likely already been discussed elsewhere. It just would be easier for everyone.

And, no, there are no plans for the near future (about five years) that include any Star Wars attractions here or in Anaheim. China will see them, though. And DLP's Star Tours ride (the only one that is an orignal) will be updated likely in 2014.

Patricia Melton

No offense to the new poster (finally one who doesn't appear to be a troll), but it would be helpful if newbies had a post that they had to read before posting that told them things like: check around the site before starting a thread because what you want to talk about or ask about has likely already been discussed elsewhere. It just would be easier for everyone.

And, no, there are no plans for the near future (about five years) that include any Star Wars attractions here or in Anaheim. China will see them, though. And DLP's Star Tours ride (the only one that is an orignal) will be updated likely in 2014.

By this logic, everything's pretty much already been talked about already.

Aside from this post from the new poster, there were no other new threads here today to look at.

I think when you are too aggressive with the "find an old post to comment on" you run the risk of not having any new posts for people to look at...and no reason to keep coming back to the board to see what's new.

dopeylover

I can't imagine buying something that huge and NOT doing any park expansions with it. But I have no doubt it will take years to get there. Marvel is theirs now too and I remember having this conversation when that happened, and nothing has come to fruition as of yet. But I do look forward to when it happens with both franchises!

And I do have to agree, if we all took the time to search previous posts, there wouldn't be anything new. It's all been talked about before!

Patricia Melton

I love Disney with my whole heart and I will always defend it from people who just want to attack it for no reason...but even as a Disney super-fan I think Disney is being VERY stupid when it comes to Star Wars.

Let's just look at things for a second: they're still planning to built AvatarLand, but the general public doesn't seem to care much about Avatar anymore. A lot of people saw the movie...then pretty much forgot about it. There were no Avatar Lego sets this Christmas...no Avatar this or that on the lists of toys that kids wanted. Avatar is a movie that came and went without anyone even remembering the names of the characters.

Contrast that with Star Wars. I bought my nephew three different Star Wars Lego sets for Christmas. And even my niece likes playing Star Wars. It's honestly the one thing that my niece and nephew will play together. Neither of them care a lick about Avatar.

So, even though Disney now owns Star Wars completely they still want to go ahead with Avatar instead for a "land" in a park...and they still plan on doing nothing with Star Wars.

It is the absolute dumbest thing I've ever heard of a big company doing. It would be like Coke deciding that even though they own the recipe to coca cola they will not be making it anymore and will instead start selling a new flavor, even though no one really wants that. This actually happened in the 80s with "New Coke" and it was a disaster. Avatar is kind of Disney's "new coke" when they could have a really big longterm hit with Star Wars in the parks.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I love Disney with my whole heart and I will always defend it from people who just want to attack it for no reason...but even as a Disney super-fan I think Disney is being VERY stupid when it comes to Star Wars.

Let's just look at things for a second: they're still planning to built AvatarLand, but the general public doesn't seem to care much about Avatar anymore. A lot of people saw the movie...then pretty much forgot about it. There were no Avatar Lego sets this Christmas...no Avatar this or that on the lists of toys that kids wanted. Avatar is a movie that came and went without anyone even remembering the names of the characters.

Contrast that with Star Wars. I bought my nephew three different Star Wars Lego sets for Christmas. And even my niece likes playing Star Wars. It's honestly the one thing that my niece and nephew will play together. Neither of them care a lick about Avatar.

So, even though Disney now owns Star Wars completely they still want to go ahead with Avatar instead for a "land" in a park...and they still plan on doing nothing with Star Wars.

It is the absolute dumbest thing I've ever heard of a big company doing. It would be like Coke deciding that even though they own the recipe to coca cola they will not be making it anymore and will instead start selling a new flavor, even though no one really wants that. This actually happened in the 80s with "New Coke" and it was a disaster. Avatar is kind of Disney's "new coke" when they could have a really big longterm hit with Star Wars in the parks.

But I don't think it needs to be a question of one or the other. Avatar is a good fit for DAK and Star Wars is a good fit for DHS especially since there is already a Star Wars presence there. As was brought up in another thread, a better question is what is better for DHS, Star Wars or Cars Land?

Patricia Melton

But I don't think it needs to be a question of one or the other. Avatar is a good fit for DAK and Star Wars is a good fit for DHS especially since there is already a Star Wars presence there. As was brought up in another thread, a better question is what is better for DHS, Star Wars or Cars Land?

It doesn't seem like we can have both though. TDO looks to be doing what it seems to always do, and that's do things on the cheap. They don't seem to be finding an incentive to spend money on Star Wars since they are doing Avatar.

In my opinion, they should junk Avatar and just do Star Wars in the parks.

I actually agree that Avatar would be cool at DAK...and that Star Wars belongs at DHS. But if we can only have one of the two, I'd want to have Star Wars and they can forget Avatar.

BryceM

Star Wars. The Studios already has a pretty big Lucas presence, with Star Tours, Indiana Jones and Star Wars Weekends. Cars Land simply belongs only at California Adventure (in my opinion). A Pixar Place expansion and Star Wars would be ideal, but not a full blown Cars Land.

Though I'd still be glad if we got it, because it's at least something!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom