Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

twinnstar

Though Syfy should have picked it up when Fox made the idiotic decision to drop it. Two bad moves right there. Firefly on a network that knew what to do with it would have been a monster.

You'd think so, but that channel has a history of killing massive shows. The canceled two shows with a huge fanbase Invisible Man and Farscape...and then got Stargate from Showtime and pretty much ran it into the ground all because they wanted to stray away from shows that were TOO Sci-fi...you know, which makes complete sense when your network is called Sci-fi. Now that they changed it to SyFy, it makes much better sense! Er.

Im very bitter. haha.

G00fyDad

You'd think so, but that channel has a history of killing massive shows. The canceled two shows with a huge fanbase Invisible Man and Farscape...and then got Stargate from Showtime and pretty much ran it into the ground all because they wanted to stray away from shows that were TOO Sci-fi...you know, which makes complete sense when your network is called Sci-fi. Now that they changed it to SyFy, it makes much better sense! Er.

Im very bitter. haha.

Like wrestling. WTH is THAT all about? Wrestling on Syfy?! Stupid. Of course, maybe they were trying to tie the fake wrestling to the "fy" part of their name which stands for fantasy. Still dumb.

G00fyDad

...and when learning channels showed educational programs instead of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. :rolleyes:

Society is dead as we knew it.
honey-boo-boo-.jpg

puntagordabob

Though Syfy should have picked it up when Fox made the idiotic decision to drop it. Two bad moves right there. Firefly on a network that knew what to do with it would have been a monster.
Agreed.... it was a fun series to watch...and the storyline along with the character relationships were very well written.....

With Disney's recent acquisition of the Star Wars Franchise, I have heard that a new Star Wars themed land is coming to DHS. Might this be instead of Cars Land that everyone is expecting?

Theme Parkitect

I think it would be cool for sure! Meet and greets with the REAL Star Wars characters? It wouldn't be that hard to make it actually. Just retheme everything close to Star Tours and expand a little bit. The food court style place next to Star Tours could even be a Mos Eisley Cantina! :eek:

doctornick

There was, at one point prior to the Lucasfilm acquisition, plans to convert the former Sounds Dangerous building to a permanent Jedi Training Academy attraction (with an AA Yoda) -- sort of a Storytime with Belle type of experience. I don't understand why that wouldn't be dusted off and implemented, especially as the building is now essentially vacant.

CinematicFusion

If you want to go high-end Star Wars land that matches the thematic style of cars land this is what I would do...

This world would be all indoors and would be themed to the indoor hanger of hoth. Every detail from sounds,ice smoke, huge digital IMAX screen to represent the outside world of hoth with movable hanger doors that close to give the illusion the guest are being protected from impending snow storms.
I'm talking life size falcon you could walk through much like the tree house at MK.
Inside this world would be a restaurant, shops and two e ticket rides, and an area of props and archive footage from the movies and sneak peeks of things to come.
1. The thrill ride would be a recreation of the falcon run through the asteroid belt while being chased by the empire.
2. The dark ride would be called Star Wars: the power of myth and would take us through the journey of the skywalker family. I could see this ride taking us to the swamp planet of degobah, the lava planet of mustafar. This ride would be about the constant struggle of good vs evil in the stories of myth.

I would give those thoughts to imagineers and let them come up with several solutions on how to create the rides.

This would be my answer to cars land. An emmersive recreation of one of the most iconic scenes from the entire Star Wars saga.

For Disney land, I would look to create a thrill ride called the Death Star Trench run. Again letting the imagineers come up with the best solutions for the ride. Roller coaster? Combination dark ride? I just know these rides would draw the crowds like no other.

Anyway, that's what I would explore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom