Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

M.rudolf

I really hope so. Or at the least only take a 3 or 4 month break between filming. The only problem is you don't want to rush things for the sake of meeting deadlines.
If initial film does well look for a erase pattern similar to hunger games or I hate to say it twilight, between a year and a half to 2 years between releases

G00fyDad

If initial film does well look for a erase pattern similar to hunger games or I hate to say it twilight, between a year and a half to 2 years between releases

I'm fine with any release schedule they come up with as long as they don't do the same stupid thing that they did with Twilight and Harry Potter 7 by splitting the films into two each to make more money on what should be a single film.

Maerj

I was wondering how they were going to crank one of these out every two or three years but since they are already hiring writers for the sequels, they can easily start working on the films at the same time or just overlap things a bit so they can produce these on a regular schedule.

M.rudolf

I'm fine with any release schedule they come up with as long as they don't do the same stupid thing that they did with Twilight and Harry Potter 7 by splitting the films into two each to make more money on what should be a single film.
I don't think they are looking to do that, they are looking at an aggressive schedule for the next three, then 2 films or a tv show based on something other then the skywalkers, then the second trilogy. They also have the Seth green kids show and one more season of Clone Wars after this one is completed.

M.rudolf

I was wondering how they were going to crank one of these out every two or three years but since they are already hiring writers for the sequels, they can easily start working on the films at the same time or just overlap things a bit so they can produce these on a regular schedule.
The schedule has already moved quicker than most. The only thing left is director choice and casting.everyone have a great thanksgiving and be safe

NoChesterHester

The schedule has already moved quicker than most. The only thing left is director choice and casting.everyone have a great thanksgiving and be safe

It appears that the movies have been in pre-production for some time. At least pre-pre-production.

I'm sure there are folks at ILM doing storyboards and concept design already.

jdmdisney99

If I was Disney I would never have stopped making movies at DHS, and at this point, to get noticed, I would film SW7 at DHS. But they can't exactly do that.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If I was Disney I would never have stopped making movies at DHS, and at this point, to get noticed, I would film SW7 at DHS. But they can't exactly do that.
Sure they COULD. I mean if they can film in the Tunisian desert, they could certainly film in Orlando

M.rudolf

Blomkamp is out, looks like Wyatt, Vaughn and Favreau are the choices. Don't be surprised if they announce Vaughn for the first but sign Favreau or Wyatt for the second pic. All 3 had meetings last week so at this point I assume that one has been chosen. The schedule that is being attempted is very aggressive. Actors will be signed for the 3 films where needed and also signed on for cameos in the expanded universe pics. Announcement will be in the next 2/3 weeks. Fincher also is up for a future film not one from the trilogy, but an expanded universe one

NoChesterHester

Blomkamp is out, looks like Wyatt, Vaughn and Favreau are the choices. Don't be surprised if they announce Vaughn for the first but sign Favreau or Wyatt for the second pic. All 3 had meetings last week so at this point I assume that one has been chosen. The schedule that is being attempted is very aggressive. Actors will be signed for the 3 films where needed and also signed on for cameos in the expanded universe pics. Announcement will be in the next 2/3 weeks. Fincher also is up for a future film not one from the trilogy, but an expanded universe one

I think these are three solid choices for director.

Thanks so much for the info.

puntagordabob

A great sci fi series on Netflix is firefly and battlestar galactica from sci fi network.

Firefly was not originally scifi network though... :) As for the Battlestar reboot series... really strayed from the spirit of the original...would have been better as simply a new series all together.

In any case..... sorry you didnt like JC..... guess it just goes to show we all have diverse likes and dislikes.... shame the movie did not do much better in the USA (did pretty well in the foriegn markets though in case you did not know) as I think it would be a great series..... I have even cosnidered reading the book series...something like 13 or so books total if I am not mistaken.

Maerj

Fox didn't want to pay for more Firefly... that's why they chose to show it out of order, I think. They gave it the greenlight because of the success of Buffy the Vampire Slayer but they didn't want to pay for the special effects of a scifi series like that.

At least we got a terrific theatrical ending, which is more than some shows get!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom