Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

WDW1974

Serious question. Why aren't you CEO? You could teach them how to do social media, create a better franchise than Star Wars, and show them how to run a successful theme park. You're probably the most delusional person I've ever heard of.

You know, I probably could ... and you're a clueless little whining fanboi who has no concept of how things work in the real world. Should I ignore you? Yes, but why ... you're more fun than watching the talking heads on FOX.

WDW1974

I'm a long time trekker (i have a starfleet uniform in the closet, and i get my name from there too), but comeon, Nemesis was totally crap. Really awful movie (while Insurrection was bad but watchable). And don't get me started with the Shatner directed ST V. Ouch!

Q

I'll take ALL of the above over the fetid turd pile that was the last three Star Wars films. The first was unwatchable walk out of the theater bad, the second merely lousy and the third tolerable if you were chowing down on popcorn, candy and a giant Coke.

Those Trek films all were better. And none of them had budgets like the SW films. Hell, I'd bet Phantom Menace's budget was more than the three put together.

Trek RULEZ. Wars DROOLZ.

WDW1974

You know...if you actually knew him, you might realize that underneath your sarcasm lies a very good question.

That's the problem with being anonymous on the internet. People feel free to insult others, while having no clue who it really is they're insulting.

It's frustrating to see people think they know what they're talking about, but due to comfidentiality, being kinda helpless to set them straight.

Ignorance suits some people quite well. Besides, if everyone was equal, what fun would that be?

WDW1974

That's just 74 for you. Learn to look the other way. Of course, I wouldn't call it baseless. He does know what he is talking about. However, he could put things to others quite a bit better. Many times it comes off as arrogant or condescending, but he still has the facts.

Ain't that the truth?:):D:cool:

Oh, and the facts are indeed what matter most.

Spike-in-Berlin

I was thinking Ellen Page as Jaina Solo.
EllenPageByNinhaMorandin2010Inception.jpg
250px-JainaSolo_EssentialAtlas.jpg

I am quite sure, that no MAJOR characters from the EU will appear in the movie (just like in the prequels), minor characters and some names for locations (like in the prequels) can be integrated into the suspected Lucas storyline wihtout problems but I am sure major characters will be outright ignored completely.

Spike-in-Berlin

Saw Wreck-It-Ralph today during my election week 'staycation' and really enjoyed it. ... Wonderful film, but it certainly felt like the Pixar DNA was coming through clearly. ... And I could see theme park potential in it, although is uses a lot of IP/games that Disney does not own.

It seems as if it becomes a real big success. It made more than 60 mio. in the first two days.

tomman710

Serious question. Why aren't you CEO? You could teach them how to do social media, create a better franchise than Star Wars, and show them how to run a successful theme park. You're probably the most delusional person I've ever heard of.

Um ... I have to disagree. I do not think @WDW1974 is delusional. I have zero doubt in my mind I can run Disney better than Iger and there are a few others on here who's passion for the product and business acumen is evident, including '74 in that group, that I think could run it better than Iger as well.

Now don't misunderstand me as being overly effusive or an egomaniac, my confidence in my or anyone's ability to run Disney better than Iger is not so much a testament to our abilities as much as it is an indictment on Iger's. Sure he has done a good job acquiring properties, but those were mostly no brainer decisions. The real issue is he has neglected his internal revenue streams to the point where no quick fix will work.

ChrisM

Those Trek films all were better.

Trek IV, V, VI, "Generations", and "First Contact" were all awful, awful movies. There are parts to like from "First Contact" but it still chows booty.

As much as I hate pretty much all three of the prequels, even the absolute worst of them (Phantom Menace) is (marginally) better than Trek IV and V. Those two are walk out of the theater and then burn it down bad.

Magenta Panther

I thought all three of the SW prequels were Bantha turds. So there! :D

I did read this morning that Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill are all three willing to return in any new SW films. Now that to me is the clincher. If they come back, I will watch the next SW film. If not, forget it.

Magenta Panther

Saw Wreck-It-Ralph today during my election week 'staycation' and really enjoyed it. ... Wonderful film, but it certainly felt like the Pixar DNA was coming through clearly. ... And I could see theme park potential in it, although is uses a lot of IP/games that Disney does not own.

I don't think "Ralph" really needs to have Sonic or Q*bert joining him in a dark ride in order for it to be successful. The three games in the film - Ralph's, Hero's Duty and Sugar Rush are good enough on their own. Even better...it'd be so awesome if a Sugar Rush land were built. Can you imagine the architecture? My mouth waters just thinking of it...

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Imagine the possibilites they could use if they bought Universal Studios....... Which they're starting to buy in small pieces anyways :)

(Marvel #1..)

RSoxNo1

Sorry, have to disagree. Revenge of the Sith was 90% great...the other two were a bit more challenging. I can pick out plenty of Clone Wars episodes that were far worse than the prequels. Just watch the "poison snapple" episode.
I totally agree. I think Revenge of the Sith really stands up. It needed some of the backstory in Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones for it to work, but by itself it's as good as the original trilogy. IMO, Attack of the Clones is the worst of the three.

RSoxNo1

What about Ben Affleck as a director? He did an amazing job with Argo!

Or Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes)

Wyatt would be a good choice since he has proven he could take a classic franchise and make a modern quality installment out of it in the spirit of the originals.

No one is talking cast, so let's start...

As young female Jedi characters...

Jennifer Lawrence (The Hunger Games)
Adelaide Clemens (Silent Hill: Revelation 3D)
Chloë Grace Moretz (Dark Shadows)

As older male Jedi mentor characters...

John Cusack (1408)
Jeff Bridges (Tron Legacy)
Brad Pitt (half-serious - would be cool, though)
George Clooney (half-serious - would be cool, though)

Villains - Andy Dick, Michael C. Hall (Dexter)
Cristoph Waltz should be a villain in every movie.
It was a fun movie, I don't think it falls in the lower end of Pixar movies (Cars, Monster's Inc, Bugs Life), where it's a well done children's movie. What amused me though was at the D23 expo when Lasseter pointedly said that they've never done anything like this before. It really isn't that much of a stretch between Wreck it Ralph and Toy Story.

One concept that I really liked was the Game Central station concept, essentially being what the inside of a power cord looks like.

HMF

I am quite sure, that no MAJOR characters from the EU will appear in the movie (just like in the prequels), minor characters and some names for locations (like in the prequels) can be integrated into the suspected Lucas storyline wihtout problems but I am sure major characters will be outright ignored completely.
First of All Aayla Secura appeared in Episodes II and III, Second of all Prior to the release of Episode I the EU avoided that time period altogether. I strongly feel that certain EU elements and essential characters should be in the new films. However the story should be original but be consistent with what already exists to ensure a believable universe. If they suddenly declare all EU material null & void a good chunk of the fanbase (myself included) will be very angry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom