Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

puntagordabob

I liked John Carter too... when I got around to seeing it on DVD. The marketing was so bewildering and terrible that I waited. I wish that story had benefitted from the approach given to the Marvel superheroes... a cumulative buildup and excellent marketing. John Carter, the movie, doesn't deserve its reputation. I think about how I would like to see a sequel, and then feel sad.

Agreed....

NoChesterHester

Has speculation on the great Hollywood Studios makeover quieted down or is it just me? Seemed hot a couple weeks ago.

Did the Lucasfilm acquisition have an impact or is that coincidence?

Uncle Lupe

I just want an actor of the next set of films to be bold and endorse a beverage.

1185316187grandelandocolt.jpg

HMF

Anyone else watching South Park's take on Disney's purchase of Lucasfilm right now? It's actually funny, if you enjoy South Park's humor.
South Park's humor has been going downhill for a while now especially in when they try to make statements on issues they clearly don't understand.

flynnibus

Premium Member
South Park's humor has been going downhill for a while now especially in when they try to make statements on issues they clearly don't understand.

Pfft... the jokes on the ECVs were dead-on. Missed the first airing of this one tonight, but will catch it here shortly.. I doubt it will disappoint.

Beholder

Ok, but until he's actually changed that in-universe, it doesn't matter.

Since Disney now (or soon) owns Star Wars, Boba Fett's future is now in the hands of others? They could always take a page from their other IP, Marvel, and bring him back. If the fans are loud enough, then I don't seeing it completely off the table. Not saying it'd be right or not, just pointing out maybe how the circumstances have or could change. Personally, I hate how GL kills off some of his best characters like Fett and Maul, but keeps Binks.

CinematicFusion

I liked it... and I never listen to the official movie critcs as most of them would not know a good movie if the film literally fell out of the projector unto their heads...

I thought it lacked direction and believability. I didn't buy into,the characters. I enjoyed Abe Lincoln vampire killer much more....which is surprisingly a fun movie.

My wife and I turned off John carter half way through. I really wanted to like it, I love sci fi. Just didn't engage me. Graphics were wonderful though.

A great sci fi series on Netflix is firefly and battlestar galactica from sci fi network.

Kamikaze

Since Disney now (or soon) owns Star Wars, Boba Fett's future is now in the hands of others? They could always take a page from their other IP, Marvel, and bring him back. If the fans are loud enough, then I don't seeing it completely off the table. Not saying it'd be right or not, just pointing out maybe how the circumstances have or could change. Personally, I hate how GL kills off some of his best characters like Fett and Maul, but keeps Binks.

As far as the EU is concerned, Fett is alive. Its only Lucas (in interviews) that has said he's dead.
Darth Maul is also currently 'alive' in the Clone Wars animated series.

HMF

Fett officially survived the Sarlacc and lived for 40 +more years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom