Disney Buying LucasFilm! WHOA

PeterAlt

Sorry, have to disagree. Revenge of the Sith was 90% great...the other two were a bit more challenging. I can pick out plenty of Clone Wars episodes that were far worse than the prequels. Just watch the "poison snapple" episode.

Yeah, I agree. I happen to like RotS and think it ranks third best of the six. ESB and ANH are the best, RotS is the third best, RotJ is fourth best, AotC is fifth best, and PM is the worst of the six.

I don't know, RotS exceeded my expectations Anne went to the theaters to see it multiple times, while most fanboys boycotted it (understandably after being disappointed by the first two prequels). I really wish that when people bash the prequels that they would be considerate and leave RotS out of it!

PeterAlt

I think he has more involvement then he likely would in the new movies, bu no where near the level of involvment he had in the previous movies. I think Clone Wars is as close as we currently get to how things will probably work with the new movies.

Yeah, that was a bad episode, they have definitly had a few dogs. Personally I think the story arc that just finished up was almost good enough to have been a movie.
Terminator 3 was produced by Warner Bros. not Universal.

My bad. Thought it was Universal because of the 3D movie attraction at USF.

PeterAlt

Disney should give James Cameron a shot at directing an episode. I don't think he would pass at the opportunity, if approached, but he would probably demand an outrageous budget which be a deal-killer before there's even a deal. But, you know, Disney would be wise to give Cameron whatever budget he would want, if he would agree to do it because Cameron has always delivered record box office receipts that always made outrageous profits regardless of his outrageous budget needs.

Bottom line: Cameron I think would love to have a crack at it - and I think he is the only director out there worthy enough to make an ESB-quality Star Wars movie (or better). Question is would Disney have the courage to give him the outrageous budget we all know he would request in order to stay on and see it through. A Cameron-written and directed Star Wars has the potential of beating Avatar in gross box office receipts. Unfortunately, I don't think Disney is likely to have the curious and take a risk on Cameron, especially in light of their experience working with him on Avatarland.

FrankLapidus

Disney should give James Cameron a shot at directing an episode.

Please God no. Cameron won't because he has said that he will only be directing Avatar films from now on but the mere thought of him being anywhere near Star Wars takes away any enthusiasm I have for the future films. If Disney really want to go down the "All Style, No Substance" route then Lucas may as well return to direct. There are several directors out there who could direct an ESB-quality film; Christopher Nolan springs to mind while Brad Bird, Guillermo del Toro and Matthew Vaughn (who is now rumoured to be the strongest contender) would all be a good choice for the job.

PeterAlt

What about Ben Affleck as a director? He did an amazing job with Argo!

Or Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes)

Wyatt would be a good choice since he has proven he could take a classic franchise and make a modern quality installment out of it in the spirit of the originals.

No one is talking cast, so let's start...

As young female Jedi characters...

Jennifer Lawrence (The Hunger Games)
Adelaide Clemens (Silent Hill: Revelation 3D)
Chloë Grace Moretz (Dark Shadows)

As older male Jedi mentor characters...

John Cusack (1408)
Jeff Bridges (Tron Legacy)
Brad Pitt (half-serious - would be cool, though)
George Clooney (half-serious - would be cool, though)

Villains - Andy Dick, Michael C. Hall (Dexter)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I could direct the movie and it would probably clear $1 billion. ;).

Seriously, I am really excited to see who they get. Most of the people mentioned seem like good choices.

Taylor

I'm about to put a thread up in the movie forum about the info I've heard about Star Wars 7 it's going to be worth a read ;)

G00fyDad

John Cusack (1408)

Forget that! Bring in unknown talent for the roles. The last thing I want to see it someone I already know as famous from other movies portraying a Star Wars character. Now, before anyone goes off on me, yes, there were already known talent cast in Star Wars, but to be realistic, I was only 5 at that time and did not know who those people were. So to me, they were unknowns. And yes, I know Sam Jackson was a very well known actor before Episodes I, II, and III, but I dismiss those movies outright as pure garbage anyway.

HMF

What about Ben Affleck as a director? He did an amazing job with Argo!

Or Rupert Wyatt (Rise of the Planet of the Apes)

Wyatt would be a good choice since he has proven he could take a classic franchise and make a modern quality installment out of it in the spirit of the originals.

John Cusack (1408)

I was thinking Ellen Page as Jaina Solo.
EllenPageByNinhaMorandin2010Inception.jpg
250px-JainaSolo_EssentialAtlas.jpg

WDW1974

It already looks like "Ralph" will be a big hit. And that makes me VERY happy. Hey, Robert Iger, lookie lookie, a blockbuster Disney movie with characters created in-house instead of off-brand characters bought elsewhere! "Ralph" will do better in three days than "The Muppets" did in five. Will that impress Iger? Nah. Lion King's reissue scored over 100 million (more than "The Muppets" took in stateside), yet there's not a peep about a dark ride or new attraction based on it. Iger's still convinced that Disney can't create new properties that are as good as something somebody else created a long time ago. What a twit.

Saw Wreck-It-Ralph today during my election week 'staycation' and really enjoyed it. ... Wonderful film, but it certainly felt like the Pixar DNA was coming through clearly. ... And I could see theme park potential in it, although is uses a lot of IP/games that Disney does not own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom