Disney Board of Directors -- News and Drama

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The goal for Peltz is the stock price getting to $120 (or whatever his exit point is) so he can sell his millions of shares and makes a couple billion dollars. Once that happens he’ll likely sell and never mention Disney again.

For that to happen he needs investors to regain their faith in Disney though so the stock price goes back up, that doesn’t necessarily require Iger to be replaced but it does need the direction of the company to change.
I'm glad you have faith that he'll fade away peacefully with just a stock price increase. I'm not convinced he won't go away for anything less than a breakup of the company.

Vegas Disney Fan

Still not seeing the connection between Peltz and breaking up companies that you see.

The company statement shows they split into 2 companies, but they’re still under the same parent company…

This article points out how it was a split into a US division and an international division… maybe I’m missing something because this is a pretty standard reorganization and nothing remotely close to a raider forcing a company to sell off assets.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You really think Peltz only goes away if Iger is removed. Don't be naive....

Ok, lets play this out, Iger goes, then what? What's the plan? Replace him with who? And is that CEO going to be any better, or they just going to be a proxy for Peltz or whomever else?

Hmm, Iger haters don't have any answer beyond that. Its just remove Iger and his team and everything is somehow magically better... it doesn't work that way....

Sorry but I don't think letting the wolf in the hen house is the right move in the first place. I can agree that Iger needs to move on, but not at the risk of anything that Peltz might do.

There is one option out of 3 presented that silences Peltz - who I’ll remind is 80

It’s not putting him on the board or barricading Iger behind the door with his vertical climber
It’s the third: new leadership and an actual transition.

Again…this has happened before.

The more this goes on the greater risk Bob ends up like Ron miller…not Eisner

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm glad you have faith that he'll fade away peacefully with just a stock price increase. I'm not convinced he won't go away for anything less than a breakup of the company.

So if that’s what you believe…what’s your opinion on how to stop it?

And research your history before you say something disproven by it 🤓

Disney Irish

Premium Member
There is one option out of 3 presented that silences Peltz - who I’ll remind is 80

It’s not putting him on the board or barricading Iger behind the door with his vertical climber
It’s the third: new leadership and an actual transition.

Again…this has happened before.

The more this goes on the greater risk Bob ends up like Ron miller…not Eisner
So if that’s what you believe…what’s your opinion on how to stop it?

And research your history before you say something disproven by it 🤓

No one said barricading Iger behind a door. In fact I've never said Iger should stay on beyond this current contract. I've even stated in other threads that if by later this year, end of FY24, if things don't look improved the board could decide to quickly move on.

Transitioning to new leadership team is fine in the medium to long term, but I don't think it requires dumping Iger by April. I think transition is coming in short order. I suspect that the succession committee with start vetting candidates next month and by the end of the year if not before they will have a short list for the board to pick.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No one said barricading Iger behind a door. In fact I've never said Iger should stay on beyond this current contract. I've even stated in other threads that if by later this year, end of FY24, if things don't look improved the board could decide to quickly move on.

Transitioning to new leadership team is fine in the medium to long term, but I don't think it requires dumping Iger by April. I think transition is coming in short order. I suspect that the succession committee with start vetting candidates next month and by the end of the year if not before they will have a short list for the board to pick.
We’re already there…it’s just following the trajectory.
First…2024 is gonna be an awful year for TWDC. Creatively…they have nothing…the least to generate consumer growth in about 25 years…
Second, I didn’t say toss him out either…

This is the play: BlackRock and vanguard (controlling interest) mandate a new board with probably half new appointees…then they cancel the STUPID two year extension for Iger. His contact ends on X date…not a second later. The executive search is conducted by a new board…and a 12-18 month transition ensues.

It might be crazy enough to work? Because it’s more or less what happened the last time…and is also fairly standard practice

Disney Irish

Premium Member
We’re already there…it’s just following the trajectory.
First…2024 is gonna be an awful year for TWDC. Creatively…they have nothing…the least to generate consumer growth in about 25 years…
Second, I didn’t say toss him out either…

This is the play: BlackRock and vanguard (controlling interest) mandate a new board with probably half new appointees…then they cancel the STUPID two year extension for Iger. His contact ends on X date…not a second later. The executive search is conducted by a new board…and a 12-18 month transition ensues.

It might be crazy enough to work? Because it’s more or less what happened the last time…and is also fairly standard practice
Well we’ll see what happens. I don’t think it’ll be as abrupt as you think it’ll be.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I just told you what I thought should happen and that’s in no way “abrupt”

This fool has been here for 20 years…which is too long for Disney no matter who you are.

Again…look to history
If you say so. I’m just not going to be surprised if Iger is allowed to finish out this contract and leave at the end of 2026 when it ends.

freediverdude

The problem here is, there was a certain person there in the 90s who helped with the transition to Eisner and then again launched a campaign to transition to Iger in the 2000s. A Disney family member, Roy Jr. Everyone in the company basically looked to him as the Disney stamp of approval. And he knew when it was time for change and fought for it. This is the first time that we no longer have that. And so we are in uncharted territory here, and it may not end as well as we hope either way.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The problem here is, there was a certain person there in the 90s who helped with the transition to Eisner and then again launched a campaign to transition to Iger in the 2000s. A Disney family member, Roy Jr. Everyone in the company basically looked to him as the Disney stamp of approval. And he knew when it was time for change and fought for it. This is the first time that we no longer have that. And so we are in uncharted territory here, and it may not end as well as we hope either way.
That is…a “problem”

It’s also why Iger was allowed to parade a string of puppets onto the board unchecked for a decade…solidifying a power he shouldn’t have.
He thinks he’s bigger than the name now. Little question after his maneuvering the last 3 years…

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
The current board is already adding people they think they need with expertise in entertainment and succession.

Has anyone found a connection between them and Iger such that they're his personal "yes men"?

Plus the board has enlisted another company for feedback and long term planning.

The board has already once set Iger free.

So... the idea that they're a bunch of toadies that will keep Iger around for ever is a bit naive.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The current board is already adding people they think they need with expertise in entertainment and succession.

Has anyone found a connection between them and Iger such that they're his personal "yes men"?

Plus the board has enlisted another company for feedback and long term planning.

The board has already once set Iger free.

So... the idea that they're a bunch of toadies that will keep Iger around for ever is a bit naive.
Believing he’ll leave willingly after 15 years of public nonsense might be a tad foolish as well.

Vegas Disney Fan

Why is this company getting so much press?

They own $5 million in Disney stock. They probably don’t make the top 1000 list of Disney investors. Trian, who controls several billion in Disney stock, shouldn’t get to nominate 2 directors but a company with $5 million invested deserves to nominate 3? Makes no sense.

Also interesting you are so excited about the prospect of their nominees considering their record of trying to force out CEOs and to force a company to sell itself, 2 things you’ve previously said you are worried about with Trian and Disney.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Why is this company getting so much press?

They own $5 million in Disney stock. They probably don’t make the top 1000 list of Disney investors. Trian, who controls several billion in Disney stock, shouldn’t get to nominate 2 directors but a company with $5 million invested deserves to nominate 3? Makes no sense.

Also interesting you are so excited about the prospect of their nominees considering their record of trying to force out CEOs and to force a company to sell itself, 2 things you’ve previously said you are worried about with Trian and Disney.

They are getting press because outside of Disney and Peltz, they are the only other shareholders to nominate board members. Plus as they are coming out against Peltz, its going to make headlines.

As for the rest, I'm against Peltz. If Blackwells suggests replacing Iger sooner than 2026, ok fine. I've never said that Iger should stay on beyond his current contract anyways. So I won't have a huge issue with it. But if they suggest to break up the company, yeah that is where I start having issues.

TsWade2

Okay, I'm no longer doom and glooming, but I'm starting to get a little bit confused. Is Nelson Peltz really that bad? I mean, he might have a point. One of you are trusting him and some of you are not trusting him. Now I can't decide who side I should be on even if Nelson Peltz made a somewhat fair point. I guess I'm on nobody's side.:(

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Okay, I'm no longer doom and glooming, but I'm starting to get a little bit confused. Is Nelson Peltz really that bad? I mean, he might have a point. One of you are trusting hi and some of you are not trusting him. Now I can't decide who side I should be on even if Nelson Peltz made a somewhat fair point. I guess I'm on nobody's side.:(

The pro-Peltz people have not expressed any trust in any of his supposed achievements. They just hate Iger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom