Disney and Universal working on Marvel deal for Florida?

WDW1974

I'm skeptical that Universal's owners have "a passion for theme parks". I think it's probably more accurate that they see it as a growth market for them where they can get significant returns by investing money. It probably helped inspire them that Hogsmeade opened up soon after Comcast purchased Universal and they saw the significant increase in revenues that could be had by building up the existing theme parks.

Largely true.

Cmdr_Crimson

On Miceage's site they show that small metorite strike section on the Island was painted recently and the characters were removed...
DSC0484.jpg

What it looked like before...
orlando.jpg

Disneyhead'71

On Miceage's site they show that small metorite strike section on the Island was painted recently and the characters were removed...
DSC0484.jpg

What it looked like before...
orlando.jpg
The characters were a vinyl overlay. It is believed that they were removed to paint the pylons and that the characters will be returned with new vinyl overlays

Stitchon

The most intriguing nugget i've seen in this thread is about a potential Jimmy Fallon attraction. A rather limiting IP, and one that would be very odd for a theme park.

mj2v

I could see an Iger final deal as he is going out to pasture. It would also set Staggs up for his ascension to CEO.

Universal really does not lose much, but could extort a princely sum. They barely promote the Marvel connection. Comcast walks away with enough to pay some huge bonuses, build out the rest of the Orlando property, and bank some cash.

GLaDOS

The most intriguing nugget i've seen in this thread is about a potential Jimmy Fallon attraction. A rather limiting IP, and one that would be very odd for a theme park.

It's supposedly going to be a Soarin'-like tour of New York city hosted by Fallon. It's...different, to say the least.

They barely promote the Marvel connection.

If by "barely promote the Marvel connection" you mean "uses Spider-Man and Hulk in nearly every piece of marketing they have", then yes.

gmajew

Premium Member
Disney is not buying the rights back for the WDW parks. It is not going to happen makes no financial sense for it to happen and is as far fetched as WDW building two more theme parks in Orlando in the next 20 years!

Universal is going to do a great job with it if they add attractions to their current line up as is being reported by trusted sources.... I agree if you want to ride them it is a great two of a 7 day trip to Orlando.

Go see it enjoy it but stop dreaming of them coming to WDW dream for Pixar and Star Wars expansion for these...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom