Disney and Universal working on Marvel deal for Florida?

rioriz

I could see a deal where Uni is allowed to hold onto the characters they have now and use the cinematic versions while Disney may be allowed to use characters not represented like GoTG, Agent Carter, Ant Man, and such....

ULPO46

It's not much of a rumor because a number of reliable sources have said that not only is Uni not giving up the contract but will be expanding the Marvel presence in IOA.
Exactly. Disney will eventually agree with universal that they can use Marvel because they own Marvel anyways. Universal will be allowed to keep its current island and can expand but only at said IOA and not any where else. My sources are Shareholder meetings and confidential Walt Disney Co. Meetings on the subject. Disney and Universal wont be making any plans anytime soon but don't forget how Disney now owns Marvel. It be like if Warner Brothers added a new ThemePark, they could build there own Wizarding World of Harry Potter because the Brothers Warner Own the Film and to an extant most of the World Wide Publishing rights to JK Rowlings Harry Potter. But no ones stupid enough to do anything with that it has to many complications legally for anyone to ever hurt a competitor even if they own theCompany to which the theme park land is themed

mahnamahna101

Yes. The interesting thing comes when the two parks are "complete", the fifth resort is open (next year), and the water park is complete (2017). After that there will be little to no expansion room left in the existing resort. Are they content to stay there? Or are they really going to swing for the fences?
To be fair, both parks have a lot to fix before they're "complete".

IOA:
the Doom/Carnage/arcade area
fixing up Hulk
sprucing up Storm Force
raising MSHI's overall aesthetic to Potter levels
the Toon Lagoon front area (Comic Strip Lane, Dudley, the Theater, the carnival games)
Toon Lagoon's purpose (possibly a revamp/retheme)
Discovery Center's datedness
the remainder of the Trikes plot
JPRA in general
FJ's showbuilding intrusion upon JP
DC in general
LC's purpose
Seuss Trolley's 40" height requirement
Green Eggs and Ham
the plot next to Cat
Cat's datedness and 36" height requirement
no real non-stunt related shows
lack of all-ages attractions
lack of nighttime entertainment
lack of smaller, more intimate experiences (A and B tickets)
lack of indoor attractions (only 4 in the entire park)

USF:
lack of cohesiveness in Production Central/entrance area
Shrek's datedness
HRRR's lack of theming/intrusion upon USF's skyline
Twister's datedness
Major upgrades for ROTM
Disaster's datedness/unreliability
Fear Factor's existence
Major upgrades/revamp for MIB: AA
expansion into the mystery plot
KidZone revamp
Major upgrades for E.T.
E.T.'s 34" height requirement
T2's datedness
Lack of a water-based attraction
Lack of non-screen based attractions
Lack of all-ages attractions

Before all of this gets resolved, it should take 7-10 years to get all of it accomplished. Most of it is minor, so possibly 6-8 years if they're ambitious. Only then, would I want Universal to bring about a DisneySea-level 3rd gate :)

Disneyhead'71

IOA:
fixing up Hulk
sprucing up Storm Force
the Toon Lagoon front area (Comic Strip Lane, Dudley, the Theater, the carnival games)
JPRA in general
DC in general
LC's purpose
Green Eggs and Ham
the plot next to Cat

USF:
Shrek's datedness
Twister's datedness
Major upgrades for ROTM
Fear Factor's existence
KidZone revamp
Major upgrades for E.T.
T2's datedness

Before all of this gets resolved, it should take 7-10 years to get all of it accomplished. Most of it is minor, so possibly 6-8 years if they're ambitious. Only then, would I want Universal to bring about a DisneySea-level 3rd gate :)
Ok, most of that list aren't actual problems and won't be addressed.

Captain Chaos

Exactly. Disney will eventually agree with universal that they can use Marvel because they own Marvel anyways. Universal will be allowed to keep its current island and can expand but only at said IOA and not any where else. My sources are Shareholder meetings and confidential Walt Disney Co. Meetings on the subject. Disney and Universal wont be making any plans anytime soon but don't forget how Disney now owns Marvel. It be like if Warner Brothers added a new ThemePark, they could build there own Wizarding World of Harry Potter because the Brothers Warner Own the Film and to an extant most of the World Wide Publishing rights to JK Rowlings Harry Potter. But no ones stupid enough to do anything with that it has to many complications legally for anyone to ever hurt a competitor even if they own theCompany to which the theme park land is themed
Wait, so you have a source who is engaged in confidential WDC meetings, yet spills the topics of those confidential meetings to.. YOU? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA sorry that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is kindergarten out for the school year already? Geez... summer is starting here fast. Time to leave WDWMagic for a few months I guess, the stupidity is ramping up early.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Disney doesn't have to "agree", Universal has the rights for as long as they want to keep them. Disney doesn't not have to "allow" them to keep IOA.

Tony Perkis

Or Maus. 1986 was a GREAT year for comics. Watchmen always makes me think about 1986 since it was one of those great comics that year. Sorry to go off topic a bit.....
I admittedly don't read comics much at all, but I read those two because of the amazing reputation they have garnered over the years. They're brilliant.

Tony Perkis

Would they really demolish Doctor Doom. Couldn't they just move it to Krustyland and re-theme it to the Death Drop ride in the cartoon version of Krustyland?
The actual logistics of having a Krustyland away from Springfield and The Simpsons Ride aside, Krustyland isn't even a big deal in Simpsons lore. It certainly is well behind landmarks like Itchy and Scratchy Land, Kamp Krusty, and the Frying Dutchman.

I love The Simpsons.

Tony Perkis

Paramount developed Iron Man and Universal did The Incredible Hulk. Those films came out before Disney even bought Marvel.
Those films were produced and financed by Marvel Studios as an independent entity. Paramount signed a deal to distribute those films worldwide. They have no ownership of the films themselves.

It's identical to Star Wars in the past. The 6 films were produced and financed by Lucasfilm LTD, while 20th Century Fox signed a deal to distribute and release the films worldwide. They claim no ownership of the films.

Tony Perkis

IOA:
fixing up Hulk
sprucing up Storm Force
JPRA in general
DC in general
LC's purpose
Green Eggs and Ham
the plot next to Cat

USF:
Shrek's datedness
Twister's datedness
Major upgrades for ROTM
Fear Factor's existence
KidZone revamp
Major upgrades for E.T.
T2's datedness

You've copied and pasted this lost a number of times here. This is a wishlist and calls for a new rebuilding of each gate.

lazyboy97o

You clearly do not have the slightest clue as to what you are talking about. Contracts are legally binding. Ownership doesn't magically change them.

Captain Chaos

You clearly do not have the slightest clue as to what you are talking about. Contracts are legally binding. Ownership doesn't magically change them.
But he/she has inside sources of confidential Disney management meetings. Which can only mean his/her source is a Disney manager, or their admins. Since Disney reads these boards, I expect an admin will be fired pretty soon for leaking to some random member on a Disney fan site, the contents of confidential meetings, not meant to be public knowledge.

jdmdisney99

*scrolls through forum*
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom