Disney and Universal working on Marvel deal for Florida?

Captain Chaos

Smells of NYC are not something I look forward to, especially in the summer. Soarin is equally as bad for me.
What? Who wouldn't enjoy soaring the side streets of NYC and being blasted with a smell of urine? Hey, to make it even more realistic, they can have someone standing by the building, facing it, taking a leak, turning around to wave at you and, SPLASH!!!! Shoot out water as if the person is spraying all over!

bhg469

What? Who wouldn't enjoy soaring the side streets of NYC and being blasted with a smell of urine? Hey, to make it even more realistic, they can have someone standing by the building, facing it, taking a leak, turning around to wave at you and, SPLASH!!!! Shoot out water as if the person is spraying all over!
See kids! You can really smell the soil on that man screaming at that lamp post!

Captain Chaos

See kids! You can really smell the soil on that man screaming at that lamp post!
Or see the stain on the back of the Naked Cowboy's undies in Times Square lol

BTW, can I request anyone who posts in these Marvel/Disney/Uni threads actually READ the contract before posting? Would save a lot of unnecessary explanation, and stupid comments like DISNEY GETS THE RIGHTS YIPPEE!!!!

Progress.City

Disney is not buying the rights back for the WDW parks. It is not going to happen makes no financial sense for it to happen and is as far fetched as WDW building two more theme parks in Orlando in the next 20 years!

Universal is going to do a great job with it if they add attractions to their current line up as is being reported by trusted sources.... I agree if you want to ride them it is a great two of a 7 day trip to Orlando.

Go see it enjoy it but stop dreaming of them coming to WDW dream for Pixar and Star Wars expansion for these...
I don't envision them actually buying the rights back, but I envision a situation such as a barter arrangement. It may not give Disney exclusive theme park rights east of Mississippi to all the characters. It would be to more or less so that Comcast would have exclusivity over a select few and have it contained. This would allow Disney to use all Marvel branded characters outside of that containment, essentially allowing Universal to capitalize on existing investments, but limiting expansion into additional characters or characters it chooses not to invest in further capital upgrades and rehabs. To incentivize it, Disney would find rights to other unrelated things concerning any number of properties, including cable television and programming, that it could trade and use for barter.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Disney is not buying the rights back for the WDW parks. It is not going to happen makes no financial sense for it to happen and is as far fetched as WDW building two more theme parks in Orlando in the next 20 years!
While I agree on principle, I also acknowledge that I would have said the exact same thing about Spider Man in the MCU a year ago.

lazyboy97o

I don't envision them actually buying the rights back, but I envision a situation such as a barter arrangement. It may not give Disney exclusive theme park rights east of Mississippi to all the characters. It would be to more or less so that Comcast would have exclusivity over a select few and have it contained. This would allow Disney to use all Marvel branded characters outside of that containment, essentially allowing Universal to capitalize on existing investments, but limiting expansion into additional characters or characters it chooses not to invest in further capital upgrades and rehabs. To incentivize it, Disney would find rights to other unrelated things concerning any number of properties, including cable television and programming, that it could trade and use for barter.
The deal is contained to what Universal is using...

Progress.City

I said I agree. Do I think we'll ever see Marvel characters in Walt Disney World? No, I do not.

My point is just that nothing shocks me anymore.
They already are! Monorail was first. Now the gift shop. If attractions are coming to DL and they are extremely popular like PotC is/was, well, you know story (about why WDW didn't get WRE)...

Progress.City

I think it was pretty clear what I meant. Attractions. Marvel-land. Marvel World.
But do you get what I am saying about PotC? If those attractions are popular, WDW guests will be flooding Town Hall filing complaints, like they did in the early 70's when there was no Pirates. Disney would be pressured to negotiate an alteration of the deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom