Disco Carnotaurus

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
Its the exact same thing though just done in a different way. If the ride is at night anyway why do we need to make sure the whole building is covered in fake plants!? To me that doesn't make sense and just something people pick on just to pick on. There is one part that does have just a dark tunnel but Indiana jones has that exact same part...just as detailed. NOTHING.
I am not trying to argue but its detailed pretty well for what you really should be looking at. In terms of the actual dinosaurs not coming anywhere close....I would say the only one in DINOSAUR standards is the final T-Rex. Even that one isn't as good as some of Dinosaurs though. It does beat the final carnotaur head...but I feel like that should just come out of the ride! It should go back to being an asteroid headed towards you! More thrilling...
Between the magma pools and the asteroids falling, there should always be something to see. I mean, add a lightning flash periodically at that part and have some stationary dinos close to the car! Or a tree you have to swerve to avoid, that'd be exciting AND cheap! Some of the dinos at Uni should be able to compete if they would actually take proper care of them. The first dino you see has a broken neck, and one of the Stegs has skin held on by tie-line... It's just embarrassing.
I can understand why they opted for a Carney for the finale of Dinosaur!, but I, too, prefer the original astroid. I mean, that's really the main threat of the whole attraction, I think.

BryceM

I'm too much of a fan of the final carney. It's just a static head (or at least it looks static) with a lot of flashes and some weird smelling air being blasted at you.

I do like the one that chases you. But the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park are all outside, not shrouded in darkness and exposed to the weather. And in water. I can see how it must be hard to maintain them.

Bairstow

That picture is cool, I had no idea the head was that large... Looks HUGE
I don't know for certain, but I think that head is much larger than the moving Carnotaur animatronic heads, since it's in a location that was ever designed to hold it. Its larger size makes it appear closer than it actually is.

RSoxNo1

I wouldn't say the JP dinos don't come close. The finale T-Rex trumps the finale Carney, and Uni at least doesn't have any dinos that are just OFF like Dinosaur! does. However, I LOVE the dino eating the other at DAK, as well as the fact that there are multiple encounters with the big guys, unlike Uni's ONE. Not to mention Uni has some major issues with their maintenance, just none so bad as turning things completely off.
But with Forbidden Journey having dark spots... What?!? I mean, yeah, they used forced perspective to make sure you look where they want you to look, but it's not like they theme the wall behind your shell on the Little Mermaid attraction or anything. When you have the luxury of FORCING the audience to look in a certain direction, why would you theme what they can't see?
Are you talking about the head at the end? In Florida isn't that the only T-Rex relative to four Carnotauruses? I like Jurassic Park, but it's not as good a ride as Dinosaur.

TubaGeek

Original Poster
I think the chasing carnotaurus is better then all of jurassic park dinoaurs. Its just hard to create super realistc dinosaurs but indoors does help.

If you know to look for it, it is awesome. Definitely more technically impressive than JP. And, lately, the maintenance on the Dinos that DO work has been great. The problem is, after the transition to Dinosaur! from CTX, it's much easier to miss that it's coming for you. Finale Rex is all up in yo' grill and terrifying.

ctxak98

If you know to look for it, it is awesome. Definitely more technically impressive than JP. And, lately, the maintenance on the Dinos that DO work has been great. The problem is, after the transition to Dinosaur! from CTX, it's much easier to miss that it's coming for you. Finale Rex is all up in yo' grill and terrifying.
REALLY!? how do you miss it!? Honestly the only difference in that part from now is that after you saw it sounded like it was chasing you! You can still slightly hear it now but the actual MOVING carnotaurus is exactly the same!

BryceM

The moving carnotaurus (well actually all of them, minus the last one) scare me. Which is good! DINOSAUR (in my opinion) is the scariest ride in WDW. And that's what I like about it! The moving carnotaurus is definitely my favorite part of the ride.

But the final T-Rex on Jurassic Park River Adventure just makes for a more climatic finish. You're distracted by it gnashing at you, that you don't even realize that in 2.5 seconds you're about to fall 85 feet. Maybe it's the slow approach to it, and the fact that you can see it for a longer time.

Hollywood's Jurassic Park: The Ride actually has another T-Rex which comes done from the ceiling. And it looks awesome! I wish that we had that...

TubaGeek

Original Poster
REALLY!? how do you miss it!? Honestly the only difference in that part from now is that after you saw it sounded like it was chasing you! You can still slightly hear it now but the actual MOVING carnotaurus is exactly the same!
I mention it to people, even people who have been on the ride multiple times, and very few of them notice that it moves. They just see another Carney poking its head out around the corner. I think they just get distracted by what's ahead.

Bairstow

Perhaps the timing/lighting is off.
Last time I rode I couldn't remember which Carnotaur was supposed to move forward, and I don't recall seeing one make this motion.

ctxak98

I mention it to people, even people who have been on the ride multiple times, and very few of them notice that it moves. They just see another Carney poking its head out around the corner. I think they just get distracted by what's ahead.
Maybe I never looked at it that way! I always like to look where the lights pop up so I guess I nevet miss it!

ctxak98

The moving carnotaurus (well actually all of them, minus the last one) scare me. Which is good! DINOSAUR (in my opinion) is the scariest ride in WDW. And that's what I like about it! The moving carnotaurus is definitely my favorite part of the ride.

But the final T-Rex on Jurassic Park River Adventure just makes for a more climatic finish. You're distracted by it gnashing at you, that you don't even realize that in 2.5 seconds you're about to fall 85 feet. Maybe it's the slow approach to it, and the fact that you can see it for a longer time.

Hollywood's Jurassic Park: The Ride actually has another T-Rex which comes done from the ceiling. And it looks awesome! I wish that we had that...

Yeah i get the whole more climactic thing but it still seems to planned or forced Dinosaur encounters to me! I love scary but a fast jeep ride just seems like more of a dino ride to me!

However I also wish IOA had the firat t-rex you see! Too me that one is scarier then the finale!

MerlinTheGoat

Excellent news! Glad this didn't turn into a disco yeti... Though lets have this happen to the yeti come to mention it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom