Disco Carnotaurus

ExtinctJenn

Just to update... rode this twice today and TWO carnos were broken. The first and the last (where they take your photo). The photo carno was broken back in September too and we all know the backup is laughable... but the "replacement" for the first carno is just sad. Its a dark head sitting on top of a fake bush. Its actually worse than the photo backup carno. I was embarrassed for Disney with this one.
When we rode it last week Thursday both were in perfect condition and the laser effects at the beginning and end worked as well. It's odd to me how inconsistent it is!

Clever Name

When we rode it last week Thursday both were in perfect condition and the laser effects at the beginning and end worked as well. It's odd to me how inconsistent it is!
I think this is a case of WDW being authentic about animal behavior. After all the animals on the safari are unpredictable. Sometimes they are very active and other times they're in a resting mode. From one encounter to the next it's hard to predict what behavior any animal might exhibit. Obviously for the sake of realism, TDO has carried this idea forth for the animatronics as well. From one ride to the next it's hard to predict how the animatronics might work or how many times the strobe light might flash.

Bairstow

I think this is a case of WDW being authentic about animal behavior. After all the animals on the safari are unpredictable. Sometimes they are very active and other times they're in a resting mode. From one encounter to the next it's hard to predict what behavior any animal might exhibit. Obviously for the sake of realism, TDO has carried this idea forth for the animatronics as well. From one ride to the next it's hard to predict how the animatronics might work or how many times the strobe light might flash.

Sarcasm aside, this reminds me of the awesome idea they had when they conceived the attraction where variable lighting would simulate different times of day, or weather conditions, at least for the first part of the attraction, allowing for different ride experiences.

DisneyGentleman

Sarcasm aside, this reminds me of the awesome idea they had when they conceived the attraction where variable lighting would simulate different times of day, or weather conditions, at least for the first part of the attraction, allowing for different ride experiences.

Yes, just wait for MyTragic+ to kick in and effects will be allocated based on your buying record. Dump enough money into the Disney cash machine and even the Yeti will dance for you. Go the cheapo route and they won't even waste a strobe light on you.

Clever Name

Yes, just wait for MyTragic+ to kick in and effects will be allocated based on your buying record. Dump enough money into the Disney cash machine and even the Yeti will dance for you. Go the cheapo route and they won't even waste a strobe light on you.
Just like on MSUSA you had to put money in the machine if you wanted your fortune told.

ExtinctJenn

Or, what one person considers excellent working order is another person failure of operation.
All Carno AAs were functioning as they should with full movements (chaser, photo shot, end). The alternate Carno shot AA was not in use. The end AA was working as it should and came forward. The lasers were in operation at both the entrance and exit. Everything reporting on and off as being not in operation in this thread was working.

mikenatcity1

I chose to end my WDW trip with Dinosaur yesterday (12/15) since there was talk of the fixes. I went through the ride while seeing a lot of great things. Then, the picture came up. Sadly, the Carnotaurus was on the left. Some of the people were puzzled what it was. The photo caught my look of sadness and disgust. I love this attraction and 2 times in 3 months it has been like this. I hope they get the real one working more.

Bairstow

I chose to end my WDW trip with Dinosaur yesterday (12/15) since there was talk of the fixes. I went through the ride while seeing a lot of great things. Then, the picture came up. Sadly, the Carnotaurus was on the left. Some of the people were puzzled what it was. The photo caught my look of sadness and disgust. I love this attraction and 2 times in 3 months it has been like this. I hope they get the real one working more.

So sometime in the last two weeks it's gone down again?

Doctor Seeker

I can also confirm that as of this morning (12/16) the alternate Carno was in use.

Figment2005

Hmm, I'm not liking this. He seemed to be working perfectly after he came back from the last refurb and it was only the long neck guy down currently. I hope whatever is causing the problem gets resolved soon.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
So, does anyone want to do a count of the animatronics at DAK that are working at show quality?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom