Disco Carnotaurus

Bairstow

I'm confused too. Before the final drop the big guy is there. Right before that is the dino holding up the tree from crushing the time rover. Before that is the dino to the left, which is where they take the photo now.

The last one you mentioned, the "dino to the left", it's just a floating head, correct?

What should be there at that instant of the ride, where they take your picture, would be on your right: the largest and most articulated of the carnotaurus animatronics.
This is the one that was missing when I was there two weeks ago.

mikenatcity1

I'm not one to always jump that Disney is cheap or anything- I've been looking over the problems and issues for years.
I noticed a couple good things about Dinosaur...but I can't get the failed photo opp out of my head!
One if my favorite rides to do the photo is dinosaur. My group always plans something stupid. I guess it was Disney's turn!
I had forgotten about this post until after. I know it's bad when Disney's picture captures the look on my face of "what the heck is that!?"
I'm starting to crack...it looks cheap and horrible! It makes me sad that someone thought it would be good to use instead of returning the ride...

Bairstow

This is what happens when Disney open a theme park with only 2 real rides and manages to build only 2 more in the course of 15 years.

Even though all four rides have suffered the loss of major special effects, Disney can't afford to refurbish any one of them because the closure of any one would be catastrophic for guest satisfaction.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm confused too. Before the final drop the big guy is there. Right before that is the dino holding up the tree from crushing the time rover. Before that is the dino to the left, which is where they take the photo now.
And the camera was still on the right at that same place last week.

Disney Shib

I've had the pleasure of riding Dino without any Seeker audio. The entire ride was the darkness and dinosaur growling and roaring sounds only. You want to talk scary. I thought I was being transporting into a chapter of one of those Kingdom Keeper books. It was horrifying. Couldn't see or hear anything.

redsfan4life

I also have had a ride like the above and attraction closed after I rode was working fine next day so not sure what problem was . this was in 2005

Seabasealpha1

I'd imagine if it is still in the shop getting fixed (I'm chiming in kinda late...no?) that they'll have it back up soon. Unlike the yeti there's no friggin' mountain to take apart or broken concrete excuse to save anyone's rear end...This is kinda the big climax too...I'm sure it'll be back...I mean...right?

Tink313

I rode this ride about 3 weeks ago. I was excited to ride it because we were with 2 Disney newbies. I made sure to sit them in the front row on the right. Just so I could add this picture on my Photopass+ I was so crafty....until I saw the stupid dino on my left taking a picture; what the heck. I was so upset I went to the picture lady asking her Im I crazy where is the big dino on the right that takes your picture, is it broken. She admitted that it was down. I thought I was losing it there for a sec lol. So instead of having a picture of my boyfriend and his son scared, I have a picture of them pointing and smiling and of me with the most confused look someone can have on a Disney ride! lol

Bairstow

I'm not one to always jump that Disney is cheap or anything- I've been looking over the problems and issues for years.
I noticed a couple good things about Dinosaur...but I can't get the failed photo opp out of my head!
One if my favorite rides to do the photo is dinosaur. My group always plans something stupid. I guess it was Disney's turn!
I had forgotten about this post until after. I know it's bad when Disney's picture captures the look on my face of "what the heck is that!?"
I'm starting to crack...it looks cheap and horrible! It makes me sad that someone thought it would be good to use instead of returning the ride...

So have they moved the camera yet, or are people still being prompted to look to their left (away from the camera) ?

Normal (Impressive, scary Carnotaurus figure):

dinosaur_ride_animal_kingdom.jpg

Early September (floating dinosaur head flashing on and off) :

image.jpg

FutureWorld1982

Thanks for the picture, @Bairstow. I didn't know that the head was also motionless. And, yes... it looks awful, I agree. But at least the have some kind of temporary prop to show while the "real" Carnotaurus gets fixed.

openendedsky

Oh, come on! We had a discussion about this earlier!

By the way, I need to go back and see the Disco Carnotaurus in person. I don't think I have ever had the pleasure to meet him. Does it really look that bad? I mean, can you clearly see that it has no body?
I was just expressing excitement once I realized who you were. And yeah, it really is that bad.

ExtinctJenn

So... earlier in the thread it was confirmed this is what they do when they are working on the main Carno. Why not bring the ride down for a week to repair it? They do for everything else and it sure seems like it's work they could get done a lot faster if they just took the attraction down. Is it because it's not a planned thing or just because they truly think that "backup" option is acceptable. I didn't realize how bad that'd be until the above post of what the on-ride photo ends up looking like when you are facing the wrong direction.

Anyone know how long it'll be like this? Part of me is kind of hoping when we go in December it'll still be setup like this so when everyone looks left I can look straight at the camera and do something goofy. HAH!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom