Disco Carnotaurus

Figment2005

I rode Dinosaur today and just to emphasize the motion on the previously down carnotaurus is pure A-mode. Haven't seen him work that well in ages. On another note the long necked dino is currently down for maintenance. His area is dark with a wall blocking his head and the audio is currently disabled for him.

ExtinctJenn

I rode Dinosaur today and just to emphasize the motion on the previously down carnotaurus is pure A-mode. Haven't seen him work that well in ages. On another note the long necked dino is currently down for maintenance. His area is dark with a wall blocking his head and the audio is currently disabled for him.
Funny how a single post made me go "YAY!!!" and "Awwwww" within 5 seconds of each other! :)

Figment2005

I do have a question though. Were there always star effects in the foliage as you leave the first time tunnel? I dont remember but there was today and it really helped to hide the transistion without the old strobe effect.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I do have a question though. Were there always star effects in the foliage as you leave the first time tunnel? I dont remember but there was today and it really helped to hide the transistion without the old strobe effect.
IIRC they were introduced a few years ago.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
So the first one is broke? Both should still be working.
First laser was down yesterday, but final was working....with tons of smoke. The star effects didn't completely make up for the missing laser, but they certainly helped. The final was awesome as it seemed to call out "come over here" to escape. I'll be riding again tomorrow before I head out. I'll post of any changes.

mitchk

I was on it the 17th. The Dino eating the little Dino seemed very slow, the long neck Dino was working, but it was very bright in there for some reason, and I made a comment about how the poor Dino has no body. The last Dino, photo op. was working very well, but no net laser at the end.

Bairstow

First laser was down yesterday, but final was working....with tons of smoke. The star effects didn't completely make up for the missing laser, but they certainly helped. The final was awesome as it seemed to call out "come over here" to escape. I'll be riding again tomorrow before I head out. I'll post of any changes.

So what kind of laser did they have at the end? The laser net on Aladar or just the one in the time travel tunnel?

Figment2005

So the first one is broke? Both should still be working.
The first one was slightly functional. The projector was on, but the green swirling effect was not appearing. The last one on the other hand was working flawlessly. There was enough fog that it completely blocked out the transition and the effect extended into the tunnel entrance.

scoobygirl39541

Just to update... rode this twice today and TWO carnos were broken. The first and the last (where they take your photo). The photo carno was broken back in September too and we all know the backup is laughable... but the "replacement" for the first carno is just sad. Its a dark head sitting on top of a fake bush. Its actually worse than the photo backup carno. I was embarrassed for Disney with this one.

omurice

Used to ride this with my eyes shut during most of it - not from fear, but the motion of the vehicle combined with sudden changes from light to dark and the scenes appearing to pivot around quickly enhanced the feeling of motion sickness. Lately no need to shut eyes. Last time on this, most scenes were in pitch darkness, and most AA I could see were barely moving, only 1 carno was lit half-properly. So no motion sickness, just very loud confusion in the dark until returning to the "toaster oven" room at the end. Problem fixed :p

In seriousness, would be glad if more of these effects are working -- this attraction could use even 10% of the maintenance and love that its big brother Indy gets at DLR. Sounds like effects still spotty like earlier in 2013 -- if you get even 1 carno working, or the fog effect, or even the dimmest light settings, then you're one lucky time traveler!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom