Dinosaur Change?

Raychul

Original Poster
A friend of mine went to AK last year and told me that they had dumbed-down the Dinosaur ride since I was there last in 2005. He said the ride was slower, they made the Dino's quieter, less aggressive and they turned the lights in the attraction up to make the ride less dark. He also said they got rid of the one dino who was eating another. Is this true? He has a tendancy to make up stories alot, and since I am getting ready to head back in a few months I wanted to find out if this was true or not.

Anyone been recently and know if this is true? I love this ride and I do not want to lose another good ride. (man, I miss Alien Encounter!)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Some of it is true. The ride was toned town a bit from a movement standpoint. This allowed them to lower the height restriction. I do not know about the audio or the lighting. He is incorrect about the dino eating another dino. That is still there

RNRguy

not true , bc i was there in oct. of last year and its was still the same ride. dark , moderate bummpy.. and very kewl!, unless they have changed it since then i dont know!

Green Lantern

This is such a cool ride. I remember the first time I went on this I almost felt scared because you just don't know what is going to happen. I then went to Islands of Adventure thinking that the Jurassic Park ride would be as fun and intense and I really hated that ride. To me, Dinosaur felt much more like Jurassic Park, being chased by dinosaurs, not knowing what would happen next.

Dinosour

We were there in January of this year and I did not notice any changes. Still loud ,dark and choppy. We are leaving tomorrow for the world. Cant hardly wait . Long day at work today.:wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is such a cool ride. I remember the first time I went on this I almost felt scared because you just don't know what is going to happen. I then went to Islands of Adventure thinking that the Jurassic Park ride would be as fun and intense and I really hated that ride. To me, Dinosaur felt much more like Jurassic Park, being chased by dinosaurs, not knowing what would happen next.
I really remember my first 2 rides on this attraction. It was during the soft opening of the park. On my first trip around the motion signal to my vehicle was lost so I did not get any of the up and down side it side movements. The CM asked me if I wanted to ride again. I was not expecting what I got. I did not hold on at all and that first upward lunge caught me by surprise and I chipped my front tooth on the ride vehicle.

41.gif

Tinkerbella16

I love this ride. When we went in Nov. 2007, everything seemed the same. If there were changes..it wasn't noticable and we go every year. I can remember my first times on it and I was really scared. For years I refused to sit on an end seat. I always had to be in the middle...it just felt much safer lol.

Green Lantern

I really remember my first 2 rides on this attraction. It was during the soft opening of the park. On my first trip around the motion signal to my vehicle was lost so I did not get any of the up and down side it side movements. The CM asked me if I wanted to ride again. I was not expecting what I got. I did not hold on at all and that first upward lunge caught me by surprise and I chipped my front tooth on the ride vehicle.

41.gif

Chipped your tooth! Oh man, you always WILL remember that ride.

MythBuster

Some of it is true. The ride was toned town a bit from a movement standpoint. This allowed them to lower the height restriction. I do not know about the audio or the lighting. He is incorrect about the dino eating another dino. That is still there

The ride was never toned down, that is just another Disney internet myth. The height restrictions were lowered but not because of the ride itself.

SeaBreeze

Certain effects changed but that occurred with the name change, as previously mentioned. I never heard that the motion profile was changed though. It is still very loud, very dark and rather intense so no worries :wave:

Raychul

Original Poster
Thank you everyone! This just what I wanted to hear! :sohappy:

I also remember my first trip on this ride. I was amazed, and I had a great time too. As soon as I got off, I ran back around and got right back in line. One of my favorites. TinkGrl, I still won't ride in one of the side seats, the middle is where I always sit. :lol:

Have a GREAT trip Green Lantern!!

Green Lantern

Thank you everyone! This just what I wanted to hear! :sohappy:

I also remember my first trip on this ride. I was amazed, and I had a great time too. As soon as I got off, I ran back around and got right back in line. One of my favorites. TinkGrl, I still won't ride in one of the side seats, the middle is where I always sit. :lol:

Have a GREAT trip Green Lantern!!

Thanks, Raychul. I still have a few months to go though, I'm heading down in September.

You said in your first post you are heading over to WDW in the fall? When are you going? Do you get to visit there a lot since you live in SF?

You mentioned your first ride on Dinosaur how you went right back on right away. I did the same thing for that, same with Spider-man over in Universal and their Dueling Dragons roller coaster.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This one will run and run....

CTX to Dino aside, last October it was as rough and as good as Dino ever was. Lighting was perfect (not bright) - infact all the visuals were working aside from deactivated AAs and lasers. Even all the smoke :D

Raychul

Original Poster
Thanks, Raychul. I still have a few months to go though, I'm heading down in September.

You said in your first post you are heading over to WDW in the fall? When are you going? Do you get to visit there a lot since you live in SF?

You mentioned your first ride on Dinosaur how you went right back on right away. I did the same thing for that, same with Spider-man over in Universal and their Dueling Dragons roller coaster.

Oh awesome! I am heading down in September too (14th-21st). I used to go to WDW a lot, I used to live in Tampa so we would go several times a year ever since I was a baby. I just recently moved to San Francisco this past February. So I do not plan on changing my yearly Disney trip traditions. :)

Ravenclaw87

I just wanted to chime in...

I wish I could tell you if it's changed but, well, even though I've been on this attraction MANY times since it first opened...

I've only opened my eyes through the whole thing once. The first time. It's silly, I know, and I KNOW they're just AA's, but those are some scary AA's!

I do tend to start closing my eyes as soon as that dino starts eating the other dino though, and that was there the last time I rode it in August!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom