Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

jkl2000

Not sure if this has been posted, but I wasn't going to search through 54 pages of posts. Came across this sign at Blizzard Beach the other day( first trip to BB). Couldn't believe that actually had to be so blunt about the first one.
diarrhea.jpg

And then the 4th one, after that!

eliezrah

You might be surprised by what people don't know. My niece has a friend who is fostering/mentoring a young girl (around 12) and she had to teach her how to use utensils, because she had never eaten anything that required them - just sandwiches, burgers, etc.
True, but I'd hope that for children like that, or young ones who don't know any better, the parents/ guardian/ foster parents would be right there with them, keeping an eye on them and keeping them safe!

Spikerdink

You might be surprised by what people don't know. My niece has a friend who is fostering/mentoring a young girl (around 12) and she had to teach her how to use utensils, because she had never eaten anything that required them - just sandwiches, burgers, etc.

Sadly, this is becoming more common. As a teacher (high school), I am appalled at the number of students who can not hold a pencil or pen. They hold it like it is a weapon [full hand wrapped around it] and try to write that way. I have seen some who can not use a calculator if it is sitting flat on the desk - they need to hold it like a phone and use their thumbs to punch in the numbers as if they are texting. I can only imagine what they do with a knife and fork.

the-reason14

Sadly, this is becoming more common. As a teacher (high school), I am appalled at the number of students who can not hold a pencil or pen. They hold it like it is a weapon [full hand wrapped around it] and try to write that way. I have seen some who can not use a calculator if it is sitting flat on the desk - they need to hold it like a phone and use their thumbs to punch in the numbers as if they are texting. I can only imagine what they do with a knife and fork.

That's interesting when you think about it. I think it has more to do with the day and age we live in. It's scary to think how much this generation is different from mine. I still remember being a kid, but reading things like that makes me feel old.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
:eek:

What age students do you teach? Do you do remedial work also to correct their ineptness?

WED99

That shameful feeling when I realise that's how I use my calculator :oops:

PirateFrank

A few years back, we were on the monorail returning from a nice dinner at the yachtsman ...we were headed to the poly to get our kids from the neverland club (we took the bus to the Mk and the mono to the poly) We get board the mono, and there's another couple in there, dressed extremely well, likely coming from Victoria and Alberts. The woman was fit, extremely attractive and well put together. More like 'Madalaine Manhattan' than 'Deliverance Dorris' if you get my drift.

As the doors closed, she begins to shove her 3/4" nails into her nostrils and starts pulling out crusty, stringy lungers hanging from her nails....and then starts sucking on her fingers, as if she's licking barbecue sauce off her fingers after enjoying a rack of baby back ribs. She proceeded to continue this nostril gold feast right on until the point that my shocked wife and I stepped off at the poly....this woman and her husband followed us to the neverland club to pick up their own kids. I never lunged quicker in my life to be the first to grab the door handle to get into the place....

Goofyernmost

A few years back, we were on the monorail returning from a nice dinner at the yachtsman ...we were headed to the poly to get our kids from the neverland club (we took the bus to the Mk and the mono to the poly) We get board the mono, and there's another couple in there, dressed extremely well, likely coming from Victoria and Alberts. The woman was fit, extremely attractive and well put together. More like 'Madalaine Manhattan' than 'Deliverance Dorris' if you get my drift.

As the doors closed, she begins to shove her 3/4" nails into her nostrils and starts pulling out crusty, stringy lungers hanging from her nails....and then starts sucking on her fingers, as if she's licking barbecue sauce off her fingers after enjoying a rack of baby back ribs. She proceeded to continue this nostril gold feast right on until the point that my shocked wife and I stepped off at the poly....this woman and her husband followed us to the neverland club to pick up their own kids. I never lunged quicker in my life to be the first to grab the door handle to get into the place....
Hence the old saying..."you can dress them up, but you can't take them out". :hungry::arghh:

Ralphlaw

I

Talk about making everyone on the plaform feel uncomfortable, not to mention how awful we all felt for the Boy, who was hysterically crying. A man standing next to them told her to stop, and she then lashed out verbally at the man to mind his own business. And wouldn't you know it? They sat in the same car as us.

?)

I have a real hard time minding my own business in the face of evil. I call it out, and truly regret those times in my life when I didn't. In my opinion, much evil in the world could be cured if we quit minding our own business. I'm not talking about a minor disagreement in parenting methods; I'm talking true abuse. I'm sure Nazi Germany, Stalin's Russia, and thousands of other points in history were filled with people who saw true evil but minded their own business. I once saw a poor kid in a wheelchair who had one of those tubes in his throat for breathing. And there was his Dad smoking a cigarette right next to him. I stared and said nothing, but I should have called him on it. Maybe next time.

KingStefan

Mine is more fun than OMG but it did apear to some visitors to be OMG! Winnie the Pooh is one of my fav's when I was 8 we landed at MK parked the MPV and started to go to the gate, I was very excited and happy and was skipping along happily singing a little song to myself that went along the lines of 'I love Pooh, I want Pooh, I can't wait for Pooh' it was only after a few strange and disgusted looks my family realised not everbody around us knew I was singing my happy little song about a cuddly bear from 100 acre wood and thought I needed the bathroom! I was quickly told (nicely) to stop singing my song and look where in my autograph book I wanted my 'Pooh' autograph! nearly 20 years later me and my auntie still laugh about this!
That's a GREAT story. lol! I remember reading a story on this board or another where a guy had taken his boy to pee after standing on a long line to meet Pooh, doing the potty dance for the last few minutes on line. When exiting the bathroom, still excited from meeting Pooh, and being amazed by how large the character was compared to what he'd expected, he loudly proclaimed (something like), "Gee, dad that was Pooh was really really big!". You can imagine what onlookers were thinking, though!

My son and I were on our way back to AS Movies from EPCOT. Waiting in line for the bus. There's a couple of older women (grandmotherly types) waiting at the end of the line. Everyone that gets in line - they motion them by. So the bus comes and we get on and the two ladies get on and one had had an accident in her pants. The whole back of her pants was full of poo and running down. I felt really, really bad for her. It looked like she had tried to clean it up some. But within a very short time (about a minute) everyone on the bus was gagging from the smell. Then someone towards the back threw up:hurl: which made everyone else gag more. Thank goodness the bus wasn't that full - everyone was seated. It was the longest bus ride I ever had. And, OF COURSE, we're on the "All Star" bus, so music gets off first (little ladies still on the bus), Sports - nope, still on the bus. When everyone bolted off the bus at Movies, I noticed the bus driver seemed oblivious to what was going on - so I stopped at the front and said he may need to get the bus in to get cleaned - he kind of looked at me weird and asked why - I told him one of the seats was full of poo and another had vomit all over it. He was going to let people on to go back to EPCOT!

I'll take packed buses and standing up trying to keep your feet at midnight any day rather than go through that again.
We are going for a long weekend in a couple weeks, and I was trying to talk DH into using the buses for transportation instead of renting a car like we always do. Glad he didn't listen to me......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom