Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

ToyStoryMiss

Sadly there is a fringe medical theory that doing so helps your immune system. I remember reading about it a few years back. That somehow your buggers contain parts of various viruses and that by eating them your body gets a chance to prepare itself for the complete virus when it shows up in your body sometime in the future.... Frankly I thought it was a disgusting theory when I read it and would never have guessed that anyone was putting it in practice.
oh god WHY. :hungover:

StarWarsGirl

Okay, so last August, I was in Epcot by myself. I walked into the ladies room and there was a man just standing there. He gave me this weird look.

I can (sort of) understand if it were a Muslim man or someone from the Middle East waiting for his wife to come out. That's cultural. But this guy was standing there. I got out of there and waited until he left. He has some women who looked around 60-ish (about his age) and they seemed drunk.

Anyway, it was creepy.

bsiev1977

Now see this last line really upsets me because I did have a cat that was afraid of heights and was up in a tree for a week before she passed away. I did not have a ladder, no one would loan me a ladder their answer was pretty much your answer or that the cat will get hungry and jump out. Well NEWS FLASH this cat was to scared of the neighborhood dogs to jump down, I called when the cat had been up there for 3 days then 4 then 5 then 6 then when I called and said that the cat wasn't moving any more and I didn't want my kids to watch a dead cat fall from a tree we FINALLY got some help and the cat's body was removed from the tree. Oh and I was taken to court for not feeding my cat but it's funny how charges get dropped when you show how many times you called for help to be told you don't need it. So yes cats DO get stuck in trees.
Sorry if this question offends you in any way, but I have to ask: after all you say you went through without getting any help, why not go out and buy a ladder?

bsiev1977

I've been DYING to tell this story.
(Warning: not for those prone to vomit)

Well, when we went in 2010, we were in the PhilHarMagic. We were just waiting for it to start, standing out in the very enormous queue of people, when we looked over to this family of 4. The parents and 2 children (rather young children too). The parents were rather..large..and they were doing something terribly disgusting; PICKING THEIR NOSES. Note that it's ONLY the parents doing this, while the children were well-behaved. But that's not the worst part.
They began to pick their noses...AND EAT IT. :vomit:
Like seriously. Who the heck eats their boogers. Ewwwwwwwwwwww.
So me, my parents, and EVERYONE around us, was looking at them in complete and utter disgust.
Just why. *shudder*
Well you know, the cost of food keeps going up at WDW.....

Dragonrider1227

Now see this last line really upsets me because I did have a cat that was afraid of heights and was up in a tree for a week before she passed away. I did not have a ladder, no one would loan me a ladder their answer was pretty much your answer or that the cat will get hungry and jump out. Well NEWS FLASH this cat was to scared of the neighborhood dogs to jump down, I called when the cat had been up there for 3 days then 4 then 5 then 6 then when I called and said that the cat wasn't moving any more and I didn't want my kids to watch a dead cat fall from a tree we FINALLY got some help and the cat's body was removed from the tree. Oh and I was taken to court for not feeding my cat but it's funny how charges get dropped when you show how many times you called for help to be told you don't need it. So yes cats DO get stuck in trees.
That is sad. Very sad. I feel bad for you :( But I must ask, why didn't you call the fire department?

bgraham34

I remember back in 93 when swimming at one of the resort pools and french couple were sun bathing and then the woman went into the pool. Well she did not have a top on, and I have never seen a Disney lifeguard move that quick before. She was shocked to find out she had to wear a shirt.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
A man and his son came rushing into the Adventureland restrooms while I was washing my hands. The little boy stops dead in his tracks a few feet from the bathroom stall, stares at his father and yells, "the poops comin' out!" Bless his little heart but I couldnt help but laugh. I think the dad was laughing a little as well.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
A man and his son came rushing into the Adventureland restrooms while I was washing my hands. The little boy stops dead in his tracks a few feet from the bathroom stall, he stares at his father and SHOUTS, "the poops comin' out!" Bless his little heart but I couldnt help but laugh. I think the dad was laughing a little as well.
I would've been laughing like crazy!

rob45

While checking into the Caribbean beach, all available cast members were busy assisting guests. We were being waited on and was told to go to a certain booth to complete our check in process. Well we noticed a woman not in any certain line but was in the middle of the room looking to run to the next available clerk. Apparently she didn't want to wait her turn. Well our cast member told us to meet her at this booth across the room. As we headed to it the impatient woman ran to our clerk. We told the hurried woman to please excuse as we are not finished checking in. At the top of her lungs she screamed "The next person that cuts in front of me I'll cut my wrists!" She sure looked stupid doing that.

KingStefan

I remember back in 93 when swimming at one of the resort pools and french couple were sun bathing and then the woman went into the pool. Well she did not have a top on, and I have never seen a Disney lifeguard move that quick before. She was shocked to find out she had to wear a shirt.
Love this! I lived in France for a few years, and it took some getting used to going for a walk in the park near the office building where I worked and seeing women in the summertime simply remove their top and lay out on the grass to sun bathe. I am *not* making this up.

Differing cultures are very interesting. I was stationed in Italy some years ago (I won't say how many - too many) and some colleagues tried to get on the bus to the beach wearing bathing suits and cover-up shirts and they were not let on. They inquired at the hotel and were told that would not be allowed, and they would have to wear street clothes to get on the bus and change into their suits at the beach. So they changed, got on the bus to the beach, and when they arrived, asked some random person they found who could speak some english where they could change, and they were told "anywhere you want around here is fine". They didn't understand the answer, until they saw a local man walk onto the beach, strip down naked, put on his "speedo" and lay out his towel. So they did the same.

So it was OK to strip naked on the beach to put on your suit, but not OK to wear the suit on the bus. This is normal in that particular local area and in many places in France and Italy (and other places I imagine).

Goofyernmost

oh god WHY. :hungover:
I hate to point this out, but, if your sinuses are congested and you suck air back through your nose and it goes into your throat...since that is what it is connected too...isn't it the same thing? To make it clear I have neither done that (eating it) or totally condone those that do it, but, I honestly, don't see what the big deal is. It is created by your own body. Now if you eat boogers that are from someone else...that would be a little gross.:joyfull:

bgraham34

Love this! I lived in France for a few years, and it took some getting used to going for a walk in the park near the office building where I worked and seeing women in the summertime simply remove their top and lay out on the grass to sun bathe. I am *not* making this up.

Differing cultures are very interesting. I was stationed in Italy some years ago (I won't say how many - too many) and some colleagues tried to get on the bus to the beach wearing bathing suits and cover-up shirts and they were not let on. They inquired at the hotel and were told that would not be allowed, and they would have to wear street clothes to get on the bus and change into their suits at the beach. So they changed, got on the bus to the beach, and when they arrived, asked some random person they found who could speak some english where they could change, and they were told "anywhere you want around here is fine". They didn't understand the answer, until they saw a local man walk onto the beach, strip down naked, put on his "speedo" and lay out his towel. So they did the same.

So it was OK to strip naked on the beach to put on your suit, but not OK to wear the suit on the bus. This is normal in that particular local area and in many places in France and Italy (and other places I imagine).

Yeah I saw some of that when I was in France. It didn't bother or offend me. In some cases it was nice to see and others it was not. But it is what it is.

thomas998

I hate to point this out, but, if your sinuses are congested and you suck air back through your nose and it goes into your throat...since that is what it is connected too...isn't it the same thing? To make it clear I have neither done that (eating it) or totally condone those that do it, but, I honestly, don't see what the big deal is. It is created by your own body. Now if you eat boogers that are from someone else...that would be a little gross.:joyfull:

I can think of things that are created by your own body that I'm willing to bet you wouldn't be fine with eating.

jaklgreen

If I saw that I would've called 911.
This is so much better then the alternative. We were at US and a boy was sitting/swinging on the rope chain, parents said nothing, kids falls back and cracks his head open. I actually felt the impact on the concrete. So lets see, making sure the lesson sticks or having your kids brain come out of his skull. BTW we were all spanked as kids and grew up fine without any mental damage.

ToyStoryMiss

:hilarious:

DJMoore2011

so, i work for disney and universal. Now, this story is coming from working at universal, but i thought some of you might appreciate it.

And let me tell you, this child, was NOT handicapped. he was walking, talking, perfectly fine. Nothing was wrong with this child. there wasn't even a wheel chair or a stroller as a wheel chair.

Not all who are handicapped have strollers or wheel chairs. I have a Special Need's Daughter, she LOOKS normal, but mentally she is 6 years old. She looks like a high school student, which she still is at 19 and will be until she's 22. She walks and talks perfectly fine but her mind and her emotions are those of a 6 year old. So please don't pass judgement just because a person "LOOKS fine". If you passed her by you would think she was fine. But if you stopped and talked with her you would see that she is mentally a 6 year old. Please don't pass judgement on someone just because you do not see no physical handicaps. It is because of people like you making judgements on looks that make things so hard for my Special Needs Daughter to get help.

I don't agree with what the dad did, that was way out of line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom