Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

tare

This was back in 98, was at WDW with the high school band. I can't remember exactly where it happened, I'm pretty sure it was at the TTC.

Was with a bunch of friends at the TTC waiting for a monorail. We saw some other friends on the other platform. I think heading to the Ecpot Monorail. One guy with us decides he wants to join them, so what does he do? He hops over the railing, jumps on the monorail beam, then jumps to the other platform and over the railing to get to them. Everyone was just :jawdrop:.

That same trip another kid was on splash mountain when he decided to get out of log and walk around the ride. Yeah, that pretty much shut down the ride for a good while.

And then lastly, again on the same trip, a girl was caught stealing from that store and the entrance to World Showcase.

Ahh... Band trips....
Ahh band trips rule. Not. Haha ;)

stevehousse

Great thread! I have one but it didn't take place at WDW, this happened to me at IOA

My then 2 year old was napping in his stroller as we were walking the park. Mind you out umbrella stroller that we had at the time was a reddish orange color. We had the shade cover(for some reason the name of what it is called escapes me) was pulled down to block the sun. A woman standin near us while we were stopped near Jurassic Park was staring at us and pointing and talking to her husband. She came over and told us that my sun had very bad sun burn on his legs and tht we should have put sun screen on him being out in the park all day!

I told her he had sun block on and it was the reflection of the stroller cover makin him look that way. She looked at us in disgust an tried to argue with me that he had sun burn. I told her he was fine and she needed to leave is alone an worry about get own kids. As I said that she says that young parents just have no idea how to take care of children and walked away. I called her a b as she walked away an told her to mind her own business!

Another story I have did happen at MK. We were near Frontierland and the horseshoe revue area waiting for the electric parade to start. We were right up front, with both our kids strollers against the ropes and me and the DW right behind them, off to the side just a little bit. An older Mexican woman came pushing her way through th crowd and got right near one of the strollers. I was watching her thinking how rude she was for pushing past all the people and she had 2 little kids with her as well. This pyscho then grabbed my kids stroller and tried to push him out of the way so her kids could have my kids spot!

I immediately yelled at her to take her hands off my stroller an leave my children alone and told her it was so rude to push past everyone and to actually touch someone else's stroller. She just stared at me the whole time. She stood off to the side of my son stroller with her kids and watched the parade. After 5 minutes this b proceeded to try and move my sons stroller again!!!

This time my wife jumped at her and told her to take her damn hands off our stroller before she regrets it! I jumped in and told her she needed to get away from us immediately and if she didn't we would get park security involved. She ende up walking away with the kids but I couldn't believe te audacity of someone thinking it is ok to try and move a child out of the way for herself. If she would hav asked I would have had no problem scooting over for her, but this was just rediculous.

Same trip but this time at DHS we were eating in Pizza Planet and we i noticed an Asian woman literally sit down at the table behind us that a family was already sitting at. Th grandmother of tht group proceeded to tell her this was their table ad she had to leave. Well this lady gets up and thens tried to sit down at our table! I told her no way lady there are tables upstairs I you can't find one over here!

People be crazy...

Last edited by a moderator:

DJMoore2011

That is sad. Very sad. I feel bad for you :( But I must ask, why didn't you call the fire department?
I did and was told that the cat would get down on it's own. I called Fire, Police, asked everyone I knew to borrow a ladder and the response was the same everyone felt the cat would come down on her own and she didn't.

DJMoore2011

Sorry if this question offends you in any way, but I have to ask: after all you say you went through without getting any help, why not go out and buy a ladder?
We couldn't afford to buy a ladder, the X was paying $450 a week in child support, my daughter had just gotten out of the hospital and we were paying for her medications from surgery and have you priced a ladder that would get up past a 2nd story window?, and yes I called the Fire dept of the town I was living in and was told the cat would come down on her own after all how many cats do you see really stuck in trees.

disneyeater

Great thread! I have one but it didn't take place at WDW, this happened to me at IOA

My then 2 year old was napping in his stroller as we were walking the park. Mind you out umbrella stroller that we had at the time was a reddish orange color. We had the shade cover(for some reason the name of what it is called escapes me) was pulled down to block the sun. A woman standin near us while we were stopped near Jurassic Park was staring at us and pointing and talking to her husband. She came over and told us that my sun had very bad sun burn on his legs and tht we should have put sun screen on him being out in the park all day!

I told her he had sun block on and it was the reflection of the stroller cover makin him look that way. She looked at us in disgust an tried to argue with me that he had sun burn. I told her he was fine and she needed to leave is alone an worry about get own kids. As I said that she says that young parents just have no idea how to take care of children and walked away. I called her a b*tch as she walked away an told her to mind her own business!

Another story I have did happen at MK. We were near Frontierland and the horseshoe revue area waiting for the electric parade to start. We were right up front, with both our kids strollers against the ropes and me and the DW right behind them, off to the side just a little bit. An older Mexican woman came pushing her way through th crowd and got right near one of the strollers. I was watching her thinking how rude she was for pushing past all the people and she had 2 little kids with her as well. This pyscho then grabbed my kids stroller and tried to push him out of the way so her kids could have my kids spot!

I immediately yelled at her to take her hands off my stroller an leave my children alone and told her it was so rude to push past everyone and to actually touch someone else's stroller. She just stared at me the whole time. She stood off to the side of my son stroller with her kids and watched the parade. After 5 minutes this b*tch proceeded to try and move my sons stroller again!!!

This time my wife jumped at her and told her to take her damn hands off our stroller before she regrets it! I jumped in and told her she needed to get away from us immediately and if she didn't we would get park security involved. She ende up walking away with the kids but I couldn't believe te audacity of someone thinking it is ok to try and move a child out of the way for herself. If she would hav asked I would have had no problem scooting over for her, but this was just rediculous.

Same trip but this time at DHS we were eating in Pizza Planet and we i noticed an Asian woman literally sit down at the table behind us that a family was already sitting at. Th grandmother of tht group proceeded to tell her this was their table ad she had to leave. Well this lady gets up and thens tried to sit down at our table! I told her no way lady there are tables upstairs I you can't find one over here!

People be crazy...

The first story feels like you overreacted a little, the second story....how did you not smack that woman?

eliezrah

People be crazy...

This reminds me of something that happened on our honeymoon at WDW (I honestly can't remember if DH or I posted this story already, so if we did I apologize for reposting). We were eating dinner at Cinderella's Castle and had the only 2 person table RIGHT in front of the windows, THE perfect spot to see Peter Pan chasing Hook and to see the fireworks. Suddenly a family pushed their way to our window, and pushed the backs of our seats to be able to stand by the windows. There wasn't a lot of room between tables and there were people at the table next to us so they were pushed as well. We asked the parents of the kids to please have them step back since their pushing of our chairs was squishing us against the table and we couldn't eat. We got dirty looks and they did nothing. The kids then proceeded to reach towards the table next to us and eat food off their table!!! Needless to say those people went to get the hostess to complain. The kids then tried to grab our food! All the while, their parents were watching them. We, again, said something to the parents and told the children not to touch our food. The hostess came and asked the family to move since they didn't have ADRs and didn't even belong in the restaurant. The family left, loudly complaining that none of us had any Disney spirit!

Another family that was sitting in the middle of the restaurant saw the entire thing and it was obvious that their children couldn't see the fireworks. They came over and shyly asked us if they could stand by the window. Of course we said yes and made room for them... since they didn't push us into our table or grab food off our plates!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
This reminds me of something that happened on our honeymoon at WDW (I honestly can't remember if DH or I posted this story already, so if we did I apologize for reposting). We were eating dinner at Cinderella's Castle and had the only 2 person table RIGHT in front of the windows, THE perfect spot to see Peter Pan chasing Hook and to see the fireworks. Suddenly a family pushed their way to our window, and pushed the backs of our seats to be able to stand by the windows. There wasn't a lot of room between tables and there were people at the table next to us so they were pushed as well. We asked the parents of the kids to please have them step back since their pushing of our chairs was squishing us against the table and we couldn't eat. We got dirty looks and they did nothing. The kids then proceeded to reach towards the table next to us and eat food off their table!!! Needless to say those people went to get the hostess to complain. The kids then tried to grab our food! All the while, their parents were watching them. We, again, said something to the parents and told the children not to touch our food. The hostess came and asked the family to move since they didn't have ADRs and didn't even belong in the restaurant. The family left, loudly complaining that none of us had any Disney spirit!

Another family that was sitting in the middle of the restaurant saw the entire thing and it was obvious that their children couldn't see the fireworks. They came over and shyly asked us if they could stand by the window. Of course we said yes and made room for them... since they didn't push us into our table or grab food off our plates!

Yeah, there is a difference between people pushing or encouraging their kids to get in front of people and asking if their children can stand in front of someone. At the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade in February we were watching the parade by the rope in Frontierland and this man pushed his kid up toward my husband and me and the kid started stepping on our bag. The dad kept trying to push the kid in front of my husband. When my husband finally said something the Dad said well my kid needs to be able to see. My husband replied, "I don't care about your kid and get here earlier if you want him to see". The dad and his kid left in a huff. Now if they had asked nicely we probably would have scooted over.

Disneydreamer23

I told her he had sun block on and it was the reflection of the stroller cover makin him look that way. She looked at us in disgust an tried to argue with me that he had sun burn. I told her he was fine and she needed to leave is alone an worry about get own kids. As I said that she says that young parents just have no idea how to take care of children and walked away. I called her a b*tch as she walked away an told her to mind her own business!

I immediately yelled at her to take her hands off my stroller an leave my children alone and told her it was so rude to push past everyone and to actually touch someone else's stroller. She just stared at me the whole time. She stood off to the side of my son stroller with her kids and watched the parade. After 5 minutes this b*tch proceeded to try and move my sons stroller again!!!

People be crazy...

HOW RUDE!

danpam1024

Yeah, there is a difference between people pushing or encouraging their kids to get in front of people and asking if their children can stand in front of someone. At the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade in February we were watching the parade by the rope in Frontierland and this man pushed his kid up toward my husband and me and the kid started stepping on our bag. The dad kept trying to push the kid in front of my husband. When my husband finally said something the Dad said well my kid needs to be able to see. My husband replied, "I don't care about your kid and get here earlier if you want him to see". The dad and his kid left in a huff. Now if they had asked nicely we probably would have scooted over.
I ALWAYS wait at least an hour for a good spot for the parade if I want to see it- nothing irritates me more than pushy people that throw their kid on you because THEY chose not to plan ahead :mad:. However, like you said, if people are friendly and polite, OF COURSE I will give up my seat to a child! The rudest seem to be the old people in my experience- they think you should just freaking move because they are old- not going to happen.

danpam1024

Yes ur right. That could have been the case. Don't see much belt bustin' these days. ;)
I got the belt when I deserved it, the paddle at school more times than I'd like to admit as well- I turned out ok :D. Is losing your temper in public ok? Nope, but it happens. Do I beat my kid- never- never had to- I can still make him cry by being disappointed in him:cool:

tare

I got the belt when I deserved it, the paddle at school more times than I'd like to admit as well- I turned out ok :D. Is losing your temper in public ok? Nope, but it happens. Do I beat my kid- never- never had to- I can still make him cry by being disappointed in him:cool:
I agree. Some people can really loose it. But in public wow.

Herah

Many years ago I saw someone taking flash pictures of the movie in France. The screen went completely blank with every flash. Someone in his party said something to him, and he answered quite loudly, "No, you need the flash. It's dark in here."

I would have loved to see his face when he got the film developed. It seemed like an entire roll.

oovwee

When I was a CM I was walking by the fountain in Epcot and a father was trying to lift his son over the gate to get him close to the fountain. The kid was obviously not enthused and crying, so I jogged over and told the father 'no'. The man looked at me and said 'no english' as he pulled out his camera. The kid was melting down and heading toward the fountain at this point and a crowd was forming. I waved the kid back over (thank goodness he came over) and lost my cool with the dad, screaming in Spanish in him that I was not dumb and 'no is no' (putting that Spanish minor to use). He retrieved the kid and scurried off.

Just so happened a park executive was walking by and I got a Guest Service Fanatic card and he brought me some waterpark tickets the next day.

GFD613

Finally got to the end of this thread.

My "I can't believe I saw thus at Disney" story is probably not that shocking, at least not nowadays.

It was in 1997, at DTD. I had gone to PI, and was leaving to return to .

First, what genius decided to name a location they wanted people to visit at Disney "Pleasure Island"? Didn't they see Pinocchio? We all know what happened to the little boys who went to Pleasure Island. . .

Well what happened here is there was a police presence. Turns out one guy spilled beer on another guy's GF, and they got into a fight. I know, big whoop that there was a bar fight, but I did not expect to see police or this kind of trouble at WDW at that time. Welcome to the real world.

Gurt

Mine is more fun than OMG but it did apear to some visitors to be OMG! Winnie the Pooh is one of my fav's when I was 8 we landed at MK parked the MPV and started to go to the gate, I was very excited and happy and was skipping along happily singing a little song to myself that went along the lines of 'I love Pooh, I want Pooh, I can't wait for Pooh' it was only after a few strange and disgusted looks my family realised not everbody around us knew I was singing my happy little song about a cuddly bear from 100 acre wood and thought I needed the bathroom! I was quickly told (nicely) to stop singing my song and look where in my autograph book I wanted my 'Pooh' autograph! nearly 20 years later me and my auntie still laugh about this!

SMS55

Not sure if this has been posted, but I wasn't going to search through 54 pages of posts. Came across this sign at Blizzard Beach the other day( first trip to BB). Couldn't believe that actually had to be so blunt about the first one.
diarrhea.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom