Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

COPfan

:shrug:
Yeah thats what i mean! Swearing in public is tacky anyway. :rolleyes:
The whole post starting from the spitting from Splash Mountain reminded me of a "moment" I had during my honeymoon. Now, I have been known to let a few cuss words fly when I get real angry, in public or not. It's not something I am proud of but we all have our little quirks I guess. Unfortunately I was "the person" in the story but in my mind I was A. right to be and B. shown that sometimes you can get some bit of satisfaction.

Anyway, I am a big hockey fan and that day I wore a new white T-Shirt with the Stanley Cup on the back and the teams that made the playoffs the year before. As we are next in line to board we get put in row 2 and I notice the woman from the couple in front of us is wearing enough make-up to put Tammy Faye Baker to shame.

As we complete the big drop at the end I look down to see how drenched I was and to my horror I see that the woman's Mascara is ALL over my shirt, enough to make me look like a Dalmation. I just about went nuclear and was going to wait until we got off the boat to read her the riot act about how stupid it was to be wearing that much makeup at an amusement park.

When the time came I jumped off first to be directly in front of them when they got out. As the woman stood and turned to face me, I completely broke down with laughter. Apparently I was pretty lucky only to get her mascara on my shirt as she definitely got the worst of the encounter. To put it nicely she looked like a bad tie dye t-shirt and by my reaction I think she knew it was bad.

I ended up apologizing to her for laughing at her but I also had to point out how she pretty much ruined my new shirt with what was left of hre face. I did get the satisfaction of knowing that she had to walk the gauntlet of other park visitors to get into the ladies and take care of herself.

Was I the jerk? Probably, but I did like that shirt when it was white.

Craig & Lisa

well here's mine, and I know a majority of people have dealt with this, but I have a remedy. We were going into Mickeys philharmagic in MK, of course they say over and over again to move completly to the other side, well here's a family who fein english, I always carry the back pack,(fully packed mind you) and proceed to walk with the pack hitting everyone of them who is sitting in the way, they suddenly protest in english and I say, oh I'm sorry, just like you I don't speak english just like you were told to move completly across to the other side of the theater, because there are no bad seats here, I smile, and say have a magical day, tip of the day, treat others the way you want to be treated

glee

:shrug:
The whole post starting from the spitting from Splash Mountain reminded me of a "moment" I had during my honeymoon. Now, I have been known to let a few cuss words fly when I get real angry, in public or not. It's not something I am proud of but we all have our little quirks I guess. Unfortunately I was "the person" in the story but in my mind I was A. right to be and B. shown that sometimes you can get some bit of satisfaction.

Anyway, I am a big hockey fan and that day I wore a new white T-Shirt with the Stanley Cup on the back and the teams that made the playoffs the year before. As we are next in line to board we get put in row 2 and I notice the woman from the couple in front of us is wearing enough make-up to put Tammy Faye Baker to shame.

As we complete the big drop at the end I look down to see how drenched I was and to my horror I see that the woman's Mascara is ALL over my shirt, enough to make me look like a Dalmation. I just about went nuclear and was going to wait until we got off the boat to read her the riot act about how stupid it was to be wearing that much makeup at an amusement park.

When the time came I jumped off first to be directly in front of them when they got out. As the woman stood and turned to face me, I completely broke down with laughter. Apparently I was pretty lucky only to get her mascara on my shirt as she definitely got the worst of the encounter. To put it nicely she looked like a bad tie dye t-shirt and by my reaction I think she knew it was bad.

I ended up apologizing to her for laughing at her but I also had to point out how she pretty much ruined my new shirt with what was left of hre face. I did get the satisfaction of knowing that she had to walk the gauntlet of other park visitors to get into the ladies and take care of herself.

Was I the jerk? Probably, but I did like that shirt when it was white.

I meant casually swearing. No one can control what they say when they are mad especially if someone spat on me!!! I think i would hit them .... :mad::eek::mad:

That kind of sucks, you werent a jerk for laughing as long it wasnt mean but im sure the lady coudnt help it going on your shirt. Hope she apologised! I would be so humiliated! :D:lol::rolleyes::p

glee

You know you see on Extreme Home Makeover the families staying at WDW. Well last summer my daughter's were at the pool late one night and met a group of boys that were staying at the Grand Floridian. They were all in their late teens early twenties and were from Detroit I think. The boys said they were a singing group and were performing at the House of Blues the next morning which was a Sunday and would be singing Gospel. They seemed to be enjoying the surroundings. We overheard one of them telling another guest that when they got there they thought that everything was free. So the first night that ordered room service bottles of Champagne, steaks, lobster etc. and later found out that the show wouldn't pay for such. They didn't seem to stop them from getting alcohol another way though. Long story short they all get in the hot tub and start chatting it up with the girls , its all innocent enough at first .Then they tried to get a little to friendly with our girls (16 and 19 at the time) inviting them to party in their room. They also told anyone who would listen how they had trashed their room and that had complaints about being too loud. Mind you my husband and I were at the pool as well watching and listening from a distance. I don’t think they realized mom and dad were there until we all decided to call it a night and left with the boys telling them to hook up with them the next day. Needless to say our girls didn't hook up with them! They hoped and prayed that they were too drunk to remember. Disney and ABC they would have not been impressed!

Youve just reminded me of when this guy was chatting me up in the finding nemo show.:ROFLOL: I was waiting for my parents and he came up to me and started talking to me.:shrug: I tryed my best to give him sharp answers and talk as little to him as possible but he kept going on! :hurl:Anyway he ended up sitting next to me to my dismay and this women kept yelling for her son (Literally two meters away) I saw the guy next to me texting on his phone and this women still kept shouting. The women eventualy got out her phone and the guy next to me phone started ringing...He puts it down. In the end the mom stormed over and grabbed him to go sit with all there family. Thank god! Haha. I was so uncomfortable.:lol::hammer::lol:

So sorry for posting twice in a row. Thought i pressed edit button. :( :)

kirstenoel

The English are pros at queuing

Last year we were in line for Pirates. I walked over to the fountain to fill the bottle (like 5-6 feet away) while the line was at a stand still. My husband bent over to tie his shoes. These two people that spoke French went from the very back of the line (at least 45 people) and got in line in front of my husband. There wasn't a big gap or anything between him and the next person in front on him. It was just normal line spacing so I guess they kind of shoved their way in. If I remember his story correctly, they almost knocked him down. I walked back from the water fountain and saw what they had done. I was angry to say the least. Several of us decided we weren't going to tolerate their rude behavior. This seems somewhat childish now that I look back, but I'm still glad we did it. Anyway, this family behind us was really angry, too. Once we got inside the building and into the narrow corridors, we worked our way back in front of the cutters. The five of us made a line and blocked them from cutting in front of us again. Believe me they tried, too. I felt bad at first because I thought maybe they didn't understand English, but they did. They would switch back and forth between English and French. They were saying rude things about us in French. As my husband and I were about to board, I turned around and said "I speak French, too" in perfect French to them. Their faces were awesome! All of the those years of French in school finally paid off!

Try disneyland paris!!! The queues are like a battle ground! I have so many stories about queues there!!! The best queues I have ever seen are at Thorpe Park in England - no pushing in, no shoving, no rudeness. Just good old fashioned queueing, with big signs everywhere saying pushing in line will not be tolerated! Maybe WDW needs some of these signs!!

misterID

Yeah, but Brits are usually cool and chilled, anyway, so that's not a surprise. But the French being the rude.... I'm shocked.

fillerup

This has sort of stuck with me after I saw the event in February since it's such a huge No-No at Disney.

I went into the (smallish) men's room in one of World Showcase's finer restaurants.

As I approached the urinal area I couldn't help but notice a man already there was dressed in a very nice suit. Nothing unusual there - some people do dress for these finer dining rooms.

Anyhow, he finished his business, washed his hands and left. I concluded my business, washed up and exited.

Well, there stood the aforementioned man in the dining room, in his expensive suit, wearing his CM nametag.

He was the restaurant manager.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This has sort of stuck with me after I saw the event in February since it's such a huge No-No at Disney.

I went into the (smallish) men's room in one of World Showcase's finer restaurants.

As I approached the urinal area I couldn't help but notice a man already there was dressed in a very nice suit. Nothing unusual there - some people do dress for these finer dining rooms.

Anyhow, he finished his business, washed his hands and left. I concluded my business, washed up and exited.

Well, there stood the aforementioned man in the dining room, in his expensive suit, wearing his CM nametag.

At least he washed his hands.

Yensid40

I hope he followed the buffer rule as well...

LoriSue

We also went to MK during Gay Days but not aware of the event or the color coding, and my husband wore a red shirt. He stuck close to me THAT day - and received plenty of looks - but our preteen girls were quite confused about all they saw that day!
I have threatened my husband that if he doesn't behave before our trip, all I'm gonna pack for him are red shirts.. it's his fave color so we have plenty!

misterID

I have threatened my husband that if he doesn't behave before our trip, all I'm gonna pack for him are red shirts.. it's his fave color so we have plenty!

I got stuck at gay day when I was around 10. We were wondering about all the red shirts, but nothing really stuck out to us. Then my dad and me were in line for a citrus swirl when my dad whispered to me, "We're surrounded by lesbians. That's what the red shirts mean!"

It was pretty funny. And if the group of women weren't wearing buttons on their chests (which is where my dad was looking) that said "I'm a lesbian" we probably wouldn't have noticed. I heard that Disney gave away free shirts to anyone who accidently wore red that day and complained. And the gay group got in trouble for having "Magic by day, Pleasure by Night" on their shirts. I'm pretty sure that might have been the first Disney Gay day.

iKat

My moment happened last night. DH and I were sitting on a bench outside of City Hall after Wishes, waiting for the crowds to thin out a little bit.

A dad pushed his young daughter in a stroller (probably 4-5 years old) into a pole. Then he said "Wait here," left her there alone, and went into City Hall for a good 10 minutes.

We were just so appalled that with floods of people around he would be so irresponsible.

Courtney1188

I must admit, I'm a bit confused here...where is the 'big no no'? He went to the bathroom...and he washed his hands afterwards, then went back to work. CMs are still human beings who do have normal bodily functions :shrug:

828tnt

at some point, he bathed, washed his/ her behind, changed a diaper, changed his oil, pooped, the other one too, shook hands with someone yucky, blew their nose, went hunting and cleaned their catch, and then used the restroom again.

what else besides washing their hands can be done? this individual did....

holy crap, what kind of world do we really live in? (thank god we crossed the mississippi 200 years ago...)

Rabflmom

well here's mine, and I know a majority of people have dealt with this, but I have a remedy. We were going into Mickeys philharmagic in MK, of course they say over and over again to move completly to the other side, well here's a family who fein english, I always carry the back pack,(fully packed mind you) and proceed to walk with the pack hitting everyone of them who is sitting in the way, they suddenly protest in english and I say, oh I'm sorry, just like you I don't speak english just like you were told to move completly across to the other side of the theater, because there are no bad seats here, I smile, and say have a magical day, tip of the day, treat others the way you want to be treated

Really? If the show is not full do you really walk all the way to the end of a row? .......I have not been in a full show there in years. Most people now sit generally in the middle of the seats. No big deal. chill some....you are on vacation. Sure if the park is really busy and the seats will be filled you still move down, otherwise sit back and relax. Usually when I am there there are more empty seats than full.

DisneyWales

Try disneyland paris!!! The queues are like a battle ground! I have so many stories about queues there!!! The best queues I have ever seen are at Thorpe Park in England - no pushing in, no shoving, no rudeness. Just good old fashioned queueing, with big signs everywhere saying pushing in line will not be tolerated! Maybe WDW needs some of these signs!!

OMG yes, Disneyland Paris is SHOCKING for que behaviour!!! Ive got plenty of tales of woe from DLRP! But the number 1 that had me floored was the spanish family in the line to Crush Coaster.

The ride had a 1 hour 30 wait practically the whole 4 days we were there, so we decided to just get in and get on with it, well directly behind us was a Spanish family. About 30mins in, their sun who must have been around 5 made it very obvious that he needed to use the restroom. There was an obvious conversation about who was to take him and then nothing for say 10mins.

The boy started to complain/moan, then the parents gave in, right in the very cramped line (think the outside of Rock and Rollercoaster) pulled the boys pants down and let him ______ against the wall next to where we were all standing :eek: I was mortified, the i threw them the look of death and the mother just looked through me, as if i wasn't even there. I was fuming with them. :mad: God i would have taken the poor boy if they would have asked.

PhilharMagician

Really? If the show is not full do you really walk all the way to the end of a row? .......I have not been in a full show there in years. Most people now sit generally in the middle of the seats. No big deal. chill some....you are on vacation. Sure if the park is really busy and the seats will be filled you still move down, otherwise sit back and relax. Usually when I am there there are more empty seats than full.

I'm sorry, did the OP say the theater was not full? I have been to full shows there many times over the past few years.

Many people stop right in the middle even when the show is full. I am not saying it is right to purposely hit people with a backpack, but if you have to get by to get to an open seat then people sitting in the middle seats should understand that people will have to climb over them.

Honestly it is extremely rude to think that anyone deserves the middle seats more than someone else that is waiting to see the show. I have been caught before as one of the last to enter a theater and it is a real PITA when all the open seats are on the other side of the theater and you have to go to the front and around to the other side to enter a row just because some people think that they somhow deserve better seats than others.

Just to make this clear, I do not have an issue if the theater is not full to occupy the center seats but first in should never take center seats unless the theater is empty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom