Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

Cesar R M

I can stand on the bus on my way in, with no problem. After a day in the park on a bad leg, I need to sit, and I might give up my seat for someone older (which is getting hard to find) or disabled, but a healthy female has stronger legs then mine, I will remain seated and not feel a twitch of guilt. Chivalry, in this day and age, needs to work both ways.
Well, I'm just courteous and still sport the chivalry.

Dj Corona

Well, let's see, I could tell the story about the family who changed their son's diaper on a packed monorail after what was an apparently an epic #2, and when they realized there was no trashcan, just left it....There's the story of a guy completely wasted dressed as Snow White, (and NO not during MNSSHP season)that hopped on our bus leaving Pleasure Island back to Riverside, and tried to drive off with the bellhop luggage cart before security caught up with him, but this one just blows my mind, here goes....
It was an extremely slow EMH evening @ the Magic Kingdom, my family & I are between Paco's Bill's & Country Bears. Coming from the opposite direction is this woman with group of people, and you can tell right off the bat, she's clearly not in a good mood. She's pushing one of the SUV-sized rent-a-strollers, and I have no idea where she was going, but she was definitely in a hurry to get there. In the stroller, was her daughter, I would have to guess 4, maybe 5ish, and she's eating ice cream, wide-eyed with wonderment....and then it happens.
Someone else in her group yells at her to slow down because they stopped for souvenirs. Then came sickening SPLAT. She was going at such a pace, when she stopped, her daughter was launched out of the stroller like a cannonball, face-planted on the asphalt. It gets worse. Not only did she not realize what had happened, she started going full speed ahead again, and ran her child over like she was a speed bump. TWICE. So people that were around started to move in, including us. She picks up her child, knocked out senseless, BY THE LEG, and berates her screaming over and over, "How many times do I have to tell you, stay in your stroller, because now I have to do this, why do you always have to embarrass me in public like this, when will you ever learn your lesson!" as she just beats the crap out of her, upside-down, before throwing her back in the stroller. Anybody who tried to step in was greeted with F-Bombs and a hearty dose of "Don't tell me me how to raise my child". Un-freakin'-believable.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

<grin>

I love ya!

:eek:

Well, let's see, I could tell the story about the family who changed their son's diaper on a packed monorail after what was an apparently an epic #2, and when they realized there was no trashcan, just left it....There's the story of a guy completely wasted dressed as Snow White, (and NO not during MNSSHP season)that hopped on our bus leaving Pleasure Island back to Riverside, and tried to drive off with the bellhop luggage cart before security caught up with him, but this one just blows my mind, here goes....
It was an extremely slow EMH evening @ the Magic Kingdom, my family & I are between Paco's Bill's & Country Bears. Coming from the opposite direction is this woman with group of people, and you can tell right off the bat, she's clearly not in a good mood. She's pushing one of the SUV-sized rent-a-strollers, and I have no idea where she was going, but she was definitely in a hurry to get there. In the stroller, was her daughter, I would have to guess 4, maybe 5ish, and she's eating ice cream, wide-eyed with wonderment....and then it happens.
Someone else in her group yells at her to slow down because they stopped for souvenirs. Then came sickening SPLAT. She was going at such a pace, when she stopped, her daughter was launched out of the stroller like a cannonball, face-planted on the asphalt. It gets worse. Not only did she not realize what had happened, she started going full speed ahead again, and ran her child over like she was a speed bump. TWICE. So what people were around started to move in, including us. She picks up her child, knocked out senseless, BY THE LEG, and berates her screaming over and over, "How many times do I have to tell you, stay in your stroller, because now I have to do this, why do you always have to embarrass me in public like this, when will you ever learn your lesson!" as she just beats the crap out of her, upside-down, before throwing her back in the stroller. Anybody who tried to step in was greeted with F-Bombs and a hearty dose of "Don't tell me me how to raise my child". Un-freakin'-believable.

wow, the last one.. that would be a perfect case for to call child support services and remove the woman..

GeneralKnowledge

And funny how many of those people are able to get out of the scooter and walk to the ride with no difficulty? I don't have a problem with scooters, per se, as there are people with true mobility or health issues that affect their ability to walk. But the pure lazy people that want to game the system or sympathy of CMs I have no tolerance for.

I was on the other end of this scenario once. After the Half marathon last January I developed a pain in my foot. I could walk for a little while, but wasn't able to walk the large spans across the park. I reluctantly rented a wheelchair for a day at Epcot. My wife started by pushing me around, but I was too ashamed to be a seemingly perfectly healthy 27 year old being pushed around, so I ended up wheeling myself around. Every time I had to get up out of the chair, I appeared perfectly fine because I could walk for a bit before the pain started up, so I'm sure people were judging me left and right. The best example of which was when I was parking the wheelchair in the France pavilion one night. I wheeled myself up and stood up, the only place I could find to put the wheelchair was behind a row of strollers, so I picked it up over my head George Costanza style and reached over the strollers and put it behind them. Anyone that saw me do that must have assumed I was just using the wheelchair to game the system.

slappy magoo

I find it interesting.. When we went to WDW, every gentlemen did stand-up so a lady could sit down.. at dusk after the parks: noone did in multiple returns except me.. kinda sad.

talk about being a gentlemen on convenience! :p
We don't ride the buses often, preferring to drive as much as possible (and next trip is a stay at BLT so getting to MK isn't an issue at all). But when we do ride buses, I generally only sit once I know the next stop is the park or our resort stop. This way a: I don't have to worry about someone who might need the seat having to look at me or ask me as if it might be an inconvenience, and b: I can be the body block for my family or our stroller, so a stranger (who may or may not be tired or drunk or sick or some combo of the three) isn't close to them where a sharp turn might send them falling on top of them or hurling on them.
Or if I do sit, it's with at least one of the kids on my lap because hey, they've gotta sit anyway so it's not like I'm stealing the seat, I'm sharing it. I knew they were good for something!

BuddyThomas

There's the story of a guy completely wasted dressed as Snow White, (and NO not during MNSSHP season)that hopped on our bus leaving Pleasure Island back to Riverside, and tried to drive off with the bellhop luggage cart before security caught up with him
Awesome! Thanks for the excellent idea. I'm gonna try this on my next trip!
;)

Mr Anderson

While my wife and I were in Animal Kingdom on our last visit, we witnessed a sad situation that broke our hearts. This young girl (5-6) was trying to use one of those penny-pressing machines and I guess she was struggling with it. Rather than try to explain how it works, or help her, her Mom leaned down and right in her face, SCREAMED "Just *expletive* do it already!" with this horrible, disgusted tone. The kid looked heartbroken after this and weakly said "I'm sorry". I'm sure the lady was just exhausted or had somewhere to be, but in my opinion there's no excuse for talking to your young child *that* way. Good heavens, lady, just show her how to press the freakin' penny! I really wanted to say something, but I was afraid it would have made things worse on the kid. I love kids, and while I don't have any of my own yet, I can't imagine doing something like this to my kid in general, let alone at the happiest place on earth.

ninjaprincesst

And then the eventual, "no one games the system. they all need it...every single one of them"

listen, I get it. Some people need assistance and they should get it. But to ignore the fact that there are people gaming the system or just being lazy is naive and foolish
The point is it's impossible to tell by looking. So we should all jus Let it go. Im the worlds worst at thinking " if my fat butt can walk so can they", but you never know.

Last edited:

Mr Anderson

Oh, and another one comes to mind... while riding a bus between parks... a European family with 2 young children (one looked about 5-6, the other 7-8) had the kids strip down and stand there completely stark while the parents took their time getting out the kids swimsuits for them to change into there on the bus. Me, my wife, and the other people within eyeshot all glanced around awkwardly trying not to make a big deal, because you know, cultural differences, but still... they have rooms for that at the water parks, people.

graphite1326

The point is it's impossible to tell by looking. So we should all jus Let it go. Im the worlds worst at thinkinh " if my fat butt can walk so can they", but you never know.
I just had some friends return from the world and they bragged how they used "the system" and never had to wait in line.

ninjaprincesst

I just had some friends return from the world and they bragged how they used "the system" and never had to wait in line.
Of course there will always be those people, but the point is you can't tell by looking, and just because someone looks like they don't need it, it does not mean they don't. I would think with the new DAS that there would be little point of faking it though since now you either take the scooter through the standby line or you are given a card with a return time to ride that is equal to whatever the current stanby time is and in fact on some rides like TMM for example , you wait longer with a ecv or wheelchair because you have to wait for the limited number of accessible cars., so I really don't see how fakers would get any benefit anymore.

Dafid Duck

While my wife and I were in Animal Kingdom on our last visit, we witnessed a sad situation that broke our hearts. This young girl (5-6) was trying to use one of those penny-pressing machines and I guess she was struggling with it. Rather than try to explain how it works, or help her, her Mom leaned down and right in her face, SCREAMED "Just *expletive* do it already!" with this horrible, disgusted tone. The kid looked heartbroken after this and weakly said "I'm sorry". I'm sure the lady was just exhausted or had somewhere to be, but in my opinion there's no excuse for talking to your young child *that* way. Good heavens, lady, just show her how to press the freakin' penny! I really wanted to say something, but I was afraid it would have made things worse on the kid. I love kids, and while I don't have any of my own yet, I can't imagine doing something like this to my kid in general, let alone at the happiest place on earth.

I feel so bad for that young girl! I am a Kindergarten teacher and have such a heart for those children. It makes me so angry when I hear of ways parents mistreat their own children. If I spoke to that child using those words, I would be fired! (and rightly so) Not to mention, I simply love collecting pressed pennies. We get one for each ride or experience we went on, so our collection is a mini-memory album of all we did. I would hate to think that girl is traumatized every time she looks at that penny.

Mr Anderson

I feel so bad for that young girl! I am a Kindergarten teacher and have such a heart for those children. It makes me so angry when I hear of ways parents mistreat their own children. If I spoke to that child using those words, I would be fired! (and rightly so) Not to mention, I simply love collecting pressed pennies. We get one for each ride or experience we went on, so our collection is a mini-memory album of all we did. I would hate to think that girl is traumatized every time she looks at that penny.

We felt the same way. I can understand getting impatient, being in a hurry, etc, etc, but NEVER is it okay to speak to a kid like that. I posted this story on another site and somebody defended the mother saying the kid probably did something to deserve it... I was shocked & disgusted. The poor kids' body language alone told me it was just a motherly temper tantrum.

Mr Anderson

And these are the kind of people that some *actual* disabled/handicapped people despise. And I despise them too. This is the kind of person you see park in the handicap spot "just to save a few minutes", while a military vet who lost a leg in a war, or someone with a lifelong physical ailment has to park in the back of the lot. BLEARGH!!!!!!!!!!

graphite1326

And these are the kind of people that some *actual* disabled/handicapped people despise. And I despise them too. This is the kind of person you see park in the handicap spot "just to save a few minutes", while a military vet who lost a leg in a war, or someone with a lifelong physical ailment has to park in the back of the lot. BLEARGH!!!!!!!!!!
I know what you are saying. I was in a parking lot one day and found a space next to the handicapped parking. A woman pulled in with a small truck and got out. She was in her 20's and had a child about 8 years old with her. Both seemed perfectly healthy. Their truck didn't have a license plate with the handicap marking and there was nothing hanging off the mirror. Meanwhile there was another car that came in right behind her that did have the handicap tag with an elderly couple in it and obviously were handicapped. They stopped right behind her and just looked at her. She just kept going and went into the store. I couldn't believe it. In hind sight I should have offered them my spot but was so shocked it I didn't think of it. I also had a truck but didn't have my towing chain with me. If I did, I was going to drag her little truck out of the spot.

Goofyernmost

Sometimes the world changes slowly. I remember traveling to WDW from Vermont many years ago and when we got below the Mason/Dixon Line we found that the Handicapped Parking areas almost always were located in the furthest point from the building. I found smoking sections that were located in the exact middle of the dining room. No smoking all the way around it, but, there it was in it's glory as if to say, 'we put them all together so it shouldn't be a problem for the rest of you'.

Violiav

right? When i first moved to Texas 8 years ago people still regularly smoked inside work places. I was like when my ex came home smelling like cigarettes from his crappy telemarketing job.

Jcott

Was swimming with the kids at the main pool at POR. My dd(3) had to go to the restroom (which she seems to do every 20 mins while she's swimming). There are two steps that lead up the porch to the restroom area by the pool and I watch this older man look at them and then turn around and proceed to go in the bushes right in front of everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom