Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

BigRedDad

"Hey, look, we got this *insert item here*!!!" Nothing at WDW is free. If you get it, you have paid for it one way or another. One example is "free DME". That is part of the 2-5x price increase for an onsite room.

ColoradoEquestrian

Unfortunately, we were in line for Soarin' and standing right next to two CMs on their day off. They were discussing how much they hate XYZ about their jobs and even mocked some guests. It was pretty unprofessional, off-duty or not.

BJones82

Unfortunately, we were in line for Soarin' and standing right next to two CMs on their day off. They were discussing how much they hate XYZ about their jobs and even mocked some guests. It was pretty unprofessional, off-duty or not.

I always fear being around an off duty CM and having that happen :/ but I have been lucky enough to not have that happen and hope that stays true!!

BJones82

One person's corporal punishment is child abuse to another and for the most part, those outside the situation can tell the difference. My wife is a school teacher and therefore a mandated reporter and if she suspects that a child is being abused, specifically seeing the abuse happen, then she will be calling 911 to protect the child.
Additionally, if there is line cutting going on, I would advise contacting a CM and not confronting the person. The world is full of crazy people these days and you really don't want your expensive vacation ruined by getting injured.

Agreed, my soon to be wife is a Pediatrician and if you see someone doing something in public like hard spanking, or dropping F-bombs generally they are willing to way worse in private. An important thing to remember is that child abuse is serious and mandatory reporters report because they care about the kids not because they want to cause problems for the parents...

jloucks

Being professional while 'off the clock' is a fairly advanced concept that will elude many 20-somethings. We actually have a whole section in our personnel manual that covers this topic in detail. ...because you kinda have to spell it out for some.

The big question would be were their objections valid or not? If they were valid, I would love to be a fly on the wall. ...otherwise, yea, just annoying banter.

BJones82

"This is ridiculous", "I'm an AP holder" = magic words to get denied of what you want. Avoid those words at all costs.

LOL, we just activated our first APs we got because of our wedding and new nothing other than that they get us into the parks and we get discounts. So we activated them at Epcot and went and bought wrist bands because we didn't want to carry them around during our trip and we learned through reading our pamphlets that we get discounts at some restaurants and stores. So we went to DTD(Or Disney Springs w/e they are calling it currently) and the World of Disney gave us our discount twice without caring, but then we went to another store, the blown glass one by World of Disney, and they kept saying we needed our APs... Basically we missed out on around $100 in discounts that day because I didn't want to carry around our APs lol... I have learned now but I was mad at myself then lol..

ColoradoEquestrian

Being professional while 'off the clock' is a fairly advanced concept that will elude many 20-somethings. We actually have a whole section in our personnel manual that covers this topic in detail. ...because you kinda have to spell it out for some.

The big question would be were their objections valid or not? If they were valid, I would love to be a fly on the wall. ...otherwise, yea, just annoying banter.

I agree -- we were out playing pub trivia a few weeks back when a group of men began some super inappropriate and unsolicited activity with a group of younger women out celebrating a birthday. The men were all wearing their company shirts. It was horrible representation and we all wrote the company off because of what we witnessed.

As far as the CMs, I would say that it really felt like they wanted others to overhear because of the volume they were using. It was mainly a lot of "OMG, guests are SO annoying because of this, that, and the other" -- the only thing that felt even mildly valid was their complaints about their shifts and how they weren't ideal for their schedules. The bulk was just petty complaining from two people that should probably have used some better judgment.

Bugz

My mother and father told me they saw someones kid sucking on the squirt bottle of ketchup once like it was a bottle :mad::arghh::jawdrop:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom