Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

cococola44

ANd in the end it is the parents who know their kids more and what to do to get through to them. A wack on my butt every once in a while growing up never killed me. I also deserved it. No repetitivly whipping or hitting is not good but a tap in the butt won't kill the youngster. I am currently pregnant and I know what I will be doing and won't do with my child. If I lightly tap my child because they are carrying on and they aren't listening to reason, they will know to stop. I don't mean hit until it leaves a mark but I do think once and a while it is not a terrible thing.

Now back to Disney topics

Elonwy

This Feburary we were waiting to be seated at Tony's for our 8:30 pm ADR and the place was full of tired and cranky kids. It was so bad that it will be a really long time before we eat at Tony's again (bad food aside).

The thing that really got me though was when this one dad brought his daughter who was prbably 6 or 7 and his son who could not have been much over 2 over by the TV that had cartoons playing and told the daughter to watch her brother and that he would be right back. So while he was gone, the fireworks started. The little girl saw that people were going outside to watch then and she got up and went outside too. Leaving the little brother by himself. At this point my mom said, "keep an eye on the girl and I'll watch the boy." So I casually got up and went outside to see where the girl was. She was right on the porch, not far from the door. About 10 minutes later her dad came out, found the girl and yelled at her for leaving her brother, "You needed to be watching him! Some thing could have happened to him!"

My mom heard him and just said, "I'm sorry, but some thing could have happened to both of them, a 6 year old is not a babysitter." The dad didn't say anything, he just took his kids and moved to another part of the waiting area and we were seated a few minutes later.

Honestly though, that guy is lucky that he has two well behaved kids. The boy just sat and watched cartoons the whole time, and while the girl did wonder off, she didn't walk completely away from the resturant. Both of them could have gone anywhere (or been taken anywhere).

Funny that you posted this today as i just had a similar experience. I'm curious to hear what the parents on the board think about this.

I was just in a mall when a little boy came up to me and said "Can you help me find my Mom?" he was 5 years old (I asked) and his little brother was 2. I asked if his mom was in the mall and he said yes. Then I asked where he last saw her and he said the car :confused:

I asked if he meant the car out in the parking lot and he said yes, then he told me this story...

"Mom said she had to pick up some stuff and told us to stay in the car but it got hot so I tried to press the window button and it wouldn't work but then the horn started going off and it wouldn't stop and we were scared so i got him (the little brother) out of his seat and we came in the mall to find Mom."

I went to customer service and found a security guard and we all went outside to the car while customer service paged the mother. She came out to the car and yelled at the kids for leaving the car and wanted to know what they did to set the alarm off. Then she told them to get in the car and asked us (security and myself) if they were any trouble. We said no.

She didn't thank us (which may have been due to shock at finding her children not in the car) but I would have liked a thank you.

Also FYI from the time I started talking to the kids until their mother came approx 45 minutes had passed and the temperature today got up to 28C which is about 83F

This shocked me and I asked security if he was going to call the police. He said he had the plate number and would make a report but that nothing would probably happen. So, parents...am I overreacting at wanting the police to be called :shrug:

(yes I realize this has gotten way off topic but since we've been going off on various tangents on this thread anyway I thought I could get some opinions)

wdwfan100

Great thing about America - we can all agree to disgree. So, perhaps we can get back on subject about outrageous things at the World, that perhaps don't involve corporeal punishment or breastfeeding? :)

How is this. Once on the boat ride back from DHS my wife, sister in-law, brother in-law and I saw some one pull a half eaten turkey leg out of a back pack. It was only partially wrapped in a napkin and looked less than fresh. He then proceded to eat it. It kind of reminded me of the scene from the movie trading places, where Dan Aykroyd is eating the meat he stuffed in his santa suit. Looking back it was not that bad. At the time, it was kind of gross to watch.

Kelsybelle

How is this. Once on the boat ride back from DHS my wife, sister in-law, brother in-law and I saw some one pull a half eaten turkey leg out of a back pack. It was only partially wrapped in a napkin and looked less than fresh. He then proceded to eat it. It kind of reminded me of the scene from the movie trading places, where Dan Aykroyd is eating the meat he stuffed in his santa suit. Looking back it was not that bad. At the time, it was kind of gross to watch.

That is really gross! It's amazing what people pull out of their backpacks, potty seats and half eaten turkey legs! :hurl:

pixiesteno

Did I really see that

In Feb 08 my SIL and I were waiting for ME to pick us up to go to MCO to fly home:( and we really didn't have time to go to a park and had checked out so we were hanging out in the lounge area at PC and there were 3 girls there playing and a gentleman watching them so we didn't think a thing of it. About a half an hour later the man and one of the little girls left, leaving the other 2 there alone. We finally figured out after about another 15 minutes that the two girls, about 5 and 7 years old, were sisters, non-english speaking and there alone!!! We stayed and waited and about a half hour longer and a radio goes off and the older one speaks into it and then another 15 minutes and then this guy shows up and the girls converse with him and leave. We were there almost 2 hours and these little girls were by themselves. In retrospect we should have gone to a CM after we realized that they were alone there instead of feeling that we should just hang out and keep an eye open. Unfortunately, there are parents out there who don't realize how often children come up missing and how fast it can happen. What were they, the parents, thinking??????:shrug:

LoriMistress

Why do these posts have to be so ugly?

Ban-Unleash_moderators.jpg

Adison Belle

alright, so let's get back to the point of the thread and I'll tell my story:

It's not as bad as others told on here, and it's really not offensive at all, my BFFs and I just thought it was really funny so here we go....

we were at DHS, walking down sunset boulevard when we saw this sweet old lady(or so I thought) sitting next to her sweet old husband on a bench outside of one of the stores when we hear the lady scream at the old man in an incredibly harsh tone, and might I add thick southern accent which really made the moment: "I DON'T WAIT FOR @$$HOLES!!!!"

Yeah, maybe it's not anything important and after most people read this post, they'll want the past minute back but it made us laugh and got added to my collection of "sweet old ladies saying really offensive things"(I have three others...I promise they're better than this one, but you get what I mean):animwink:

BigB911

This shocked me and I asked security if he was going to call the police. He said he had the plate number and would make a report but that nothing would probably happen. So, parents...am I overreacting at wanting the police to be called :shrug:

Not at all!!!

Oooh, I have a good one :)

I was working on a certain boat ride at a certain magical Kingdom. The boats were all backed up, and since I was fairly new, I had run out of entertaining stall material. SO, I thought I'd see if any of my guests had any jokes they wanted to share...

Oh boy...

A kid, maybe 10 years old, raised his hand really quickly. He had a little glint in his eye that made me nervous, so I asked him if this joke was Disney appropriate. He hesitated, so, I asked if would tell this joke in front of his mother. He said "Oh yeah!" quite enthusiastically, giving his mother (who was looking wary at this point) a toothy grin. I told him to go ahead with his joke.

"A black man and a fat guy walk into a bar--"

"NO, STOP!!!!"

I yelled for him to stop, while his mother thwacked him in the head at the same time.

I learned a valuable lesson that day. Never trust a 10 year old boy to bring magic to a boat full of happy families.

(Is it bad that I kind of wish I heard how the rest of it went????)

tirian

^^ I'm not trying to get involved in a passionate discussion, but every time I see little kids hollering at parents who either ignore them or think the behavior is cute, I wish someone WOULD grab the little brats and give them old-fashioned spankings. :lol:

(Not beatings; just enough sting to say, "STOP.")

And I see this ALL the time. :mad:

Note to parents: dressing up your bratty, snotty daughter in the most expensive princess dress you can find does not make her cute. It makes her spoiled rotten.

tirian

I was working on a certain boat ride at a certain magical Kingdom. The boats were all backed up, and since I was fairly new, I had run out of entertaining stall material. SO, I thought I'd see if any of my guests had any jokes they wanted to share...

Oh boy...

A kid, maybe 10 years old, raised his hand really quickly. He had a little glint in his eye that made me nervous, so I asked him if this joke was Disney appropriate. He hesitated, so, I asked if would tell this joke in front of his mother. He said "Oh yeah!" quite enthusiastically, giving his mother (who was looking wary at this point) a toothy grin. I told him to go ahead with his joke.

"NO, STOP!!!!"

I yelled for him to stop, while his mother thwacked him in the head at the same time.

I learned a valuable lesson that day. Never trust a 10 year old boy to bring magic to a boat full of happy families.

Oooo, I want to know how it ends now. :eek:

EpcoTim

Oh boy...

"NO, STOP!!!!"

Now thats a good one, that actually had me laughing quite a bit. Nothing like the depraved humor of a 12 year old to bring things to a screeching halt.

Elonwy

Note to parents: dressing up your bratty, snotty daughter in the most expensive princess dress you can find does not make her cute. It makes her spoiled rotten.

What if you dress your cute, adorable child in an expensive princess dress in lieu of getting some other souvenirs...what does that make her?

Green Lantern

Oh boy...

"NO, STOP!!!!"

Nah, that isn't bad wanting to know how it ended. I'm wondering that myself.

Elonwy

I have another one that isn't so bad but still funny. I saw a mom with two teenagers (boy and girl) in line up for Mickey's Philharmagic. The mother was complaining about EVERYTHING...the heat, the line, the food they ate earlier, the fact that they were going to watch a movie which wasn't a real ride anyway.

Finally the son said, "You know what, Mom, Grammy said if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all so KEEP QUIET!"

Then the daughter said, "Well I was hoping she would give me away at my wedding"

The boy said "You don't even have a boyfriend"

and the daughter replied, "By the time Mom thinks of something nice to say I'll probably be engaged" :ROFLOL:

I thought the kids were hilarious...the mother sulked for the rest of the queue but at least she stopped complaining

elisatonks

I think the worst thing i have seen at wdw was whilst i was working as a CM, towards the end of my time on the International College Program. I was approched by a guest as a man sat near her at Fantasmic was playing with himself and the worst thing was he was sat with his kids. I was so sicken by it i had to allow my manager/ security deal with it! It was disgusting and my DF ending comforting me for the rest of the night after work.

I also have been shocked by how thick people can be, i was asked several times whilst working at WDW where in the USA is England? Duh, its NOT!!! lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom