Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

RiversideBunny

I know this has been dicussed plenty of times in various threads, but the thing I can't believe that are happening now more than ever (I'm in WDW currently) is flash photography. I understand if you take one or two pictures and the flash goes off by mistake, but in the past two days, on every dark ride that I've ridden, I've been bombarded with flashes throughout the entire attraction......

I honestly think that many people do not know how to turn off the flash on their new point-and-shoot digital camera.
Thus they just leave the camera set on Automatic and that causes the flash to go off whenever the scene is dark.

:)

makonyy15

I understand what both of you are saying. Cameras now are getting cheaper and easier to use, hence the automatic setting and automatic flash whenever it is dark. However, they must notice how bright it makes the room around them, at least IMHO they should. Also, all of the pictures with flashes in dark areas will not give them a meaningful representation of what the ride was actually like. You'll see the ceiling grids, emergency exit stairs, dark walls, etc when you upload the pictures to the computer. Being into photography myself, I get embarassed and feel bad if my flash accidently goes off at an inappropriate time.

BiggerTigger

Just remembered this one, I was leading the boat tour at Living with the Land. The beginning prerecorded section through the dark portions of the ride was just finishing when I stood up from my "captain's" chair and was about to begin my part of the spiel. As the boat merged from the dark tunnels into the lighted tropical greenhouse I see two people at the back of the boat seriously "making out". I get the first few words out of my mouth before I let out a little chuckle. This of course stops the couple. That is when I realized that this couple was well into their late 60's early 70's. :eek: Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just hope that my marriage still has the passion at that age.

julsie

I was at MK may 07 and was coming outta toon town, when a woman on one of those motorised scooters lost control and smashed into me. here i am lying on the road in pain and what did she do?? laugh and drive off!!! thank goodness for 2 nice CM's who picked me up and took me to the first aid room. the people from the first aid place even called the hotel to check that i was ok.

TigerLily_CM

Just remembered this one, I was leading the boat tour at Living with the Land. The beginning prerecorded section through the dark portions of the ride was just finishing when I stood up from my "captain's" chair and was about to begin my part of the spiel. As the boat merged from the dark tunnels into the lighted tropical greenhouse I see two people at the back of the boat seriously "making out". I get the first few words out of my mouth before I let out a little chuckle. This of course stops the couple. That is when I realized that this couple was well into their late 60's early 70's. :eek: Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just hope that my marriage still has the passion at that age.

That reminds me of a man who asked for a photo with me. He and his wife were probably in their 70's and he said he was getting a picture with a "pretty girl" from each country. I didn't mind at all...who could resist being picked as the pretty girl from Canada :eek: but his wife must have felt like she needed to reassure me that he was OK.

She said, "Ok, squeeze in and don't worry about him sweetheart, he's like an old Christmas tree...all lights and no action" :lol:

wvdisneyfamily

I was at MK may 07 and was coming outta toon town, when a woman on one of those motorised scooters lost control and smashed into me. here i am lying on the road in pain and what did she do?? laugh and drive off!!! thank goodness for 2 nice CM's who picked me up and took me to the first aid room. the people from the first aid place even called the hotel to check that i was ok.

:eek: :mad::fork:

sublimesting

That would have seriously pi**ed me off! I think I would have snatched that lady up and had security come so I could get her personal info for any potential medical bills. I had obnoxious people getting away with their s**t.

WildLodgeFan

That reminds me of a man who asked for a photo with me. He and his wife were probably in their 70's and he said he was getting a picture with a "pretty girl" from each country. I didn't mind at all...who could resist being picked as the pretty girl from Canada :eek: but his wife must have felt like she needed to reassure me that he was OK.

She said, "Ok, squeeze in and don't worry about him sweetheart, he's like an old Christmas tree...all lights and no action" :lol:

Got to love those older people who zing them right in!

julsie

good job it was only a sprained ankle and the odd bruise so no medical bills. i betting i wouldnt have been her only victim that day so security would have got to her eventually.

michelemily

Just last week when my family was down in disney we were at pop century on line at the food court and there was a family at the register next to us and the father just smacked the son across the face in front of everyone. the kid wasn't even doing anything bad that I witnessed....but my kids were shocked!

hrcollectibles

I was watching a show in front of Cinderella's castle and saw this couple making out. :dazzle: All of the kids around were grossed out by it. FINALLY an elderly came over and asked if they could take that mess somewhere else if she wanted to see that she would have turned on mtv. Can you imagine this 75-80 year old woman saying this!! :ROFLOL:I laughed sooo hard at that.

Obviously they have seen MTV with all their "quality" entertainment

WildLodgeFan

Obviously they have seen MTV with all their "quality" entertainment

:lol: So true, gone are the days of videos 24/7. The fact I know they did that shows my age. :ROFLOL: I can't believe the garbage they show on there now days. I would rather have less channels with better quality television than all the reality shows they put on these days. Honestly, why is everyone so willing to debase themselves on half these shows. :shrug:

eliezrah

:lol: So true, gone are the days of videos 24/7. The fact I know they did that shows my age. :ROFLOL: I can't believe the garbage they show on there now days. I would rather have less channels with better quality television than all the reality shows they put on these days. Honestly, why is everyone so willing to debase themselves on half these shows. :shrug:
Money!

Figment Liteyr

I found this thread about 2 days ago, and I've spent almost all my free time the past 2 days reading it. Some really funny stories. I have nothing that can come close to them, but here a story that kind of fits the description.

My wife and I were at AK last year, and since it was bright and sunny we decided to ride Kali. Sometime during the ride the weather decided to change to cloudy and damp, so we were unable to dry off. About an hour later, we decide it's not worth it to be soaked all day, so we're going to go back to POFQ & change. We get on the bus, and end up sitting behind a family which from their actions I would say was mother, 3-4 yr old son, & stepfather/boyfriend. At first son was seated all the way to the right, with mother beside him, and stepfather across the aisle. But when the bus started to get crowded, the mother took her son on her lap to let stepfather slide over, and make room for others.

To me it seemed like a nice gesture, but the kid started having a fit. He continued screaming "you took my seat, that was my seat" over & over again, for the whole 20-25 minutes, including a stop at blizzard beach. The parents tried to calm him down, but he wouldn't have it.

Overall, I felt the parents handled it as well as they could. They didn't make the scene any bigger than it had to be, but they did not apologize to anyone around them, which I thought would have been a nice gesture. The child was just being a typical 3-4 year old after a long day. My wife and I still joke around to this day when we get on a bus, hoping everyone can have their own seat for each trip.

Kath-n-me

We were at EPCOT in November '08, waiting for a bus. An older man in a wheelchair, complaining about the wait, his family and other things, pulls up to the edge of the sidewalk, across from where you walk to get a cab and procedes to empty his urine catheter on the sidewalk. We were stunned! It wasn't that full and I think there are more appropiate places to empty it than in a crowd of people & where others are walking.:eek:

Preacher saw a

I went to Animal Kingdom with my best friend and her father whom is a pastor. My friend and I were waiting on him to bring us our ice cream and a woman was sitting beside us breast feeding her child on a public bench! We waited to see if her dad would notice, and he did. He did a double take, he was so shocked!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom