Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

Can we go on to another story??

For the sake of subject changing, I'm going to share a "Did I really just see that...at Universal Studios???"

I'm working at the Jaws ride out at the Greeter position at the entrance of the attraction. Jaws breaks. I close off the line, letting the people in the line stay if they want to try and wait it out, but not letting any guests in, as is the policy.

About 15 minutes into the downtime, a man from Brazil and his 5-ish year old kid walk up to me, and try to get in line. I explain the situation, and tell him to try back with us later in the day. He gets really agitated, and tells me he was already in the line, but needed to take his child to the restroom.

I explain that, unfortunately, our policy is that if your entire party leaves the line during a downtime, you can't be let back in. I ask if he has somebody still in line, planning on making an exception for him and his child if he answered No. He brushes off my question and starts yelling at me, cursing at me, calling me all sorts of names. I don't really mind, all in a day's work, you know?

But then his kid starts full out SCREAMING at me in Portuguese. Like, red-faced, vein popping, uber temper tantrum mode screaming. And then he kicks me as hard as he can in the shin.

Anyways, I definitely was NOT expecting that, so I'm just like "Uh...don't kick me" to the kid...and then the dad starts screaming at me telling me not to tell his kid what to do. So I tell him to control his child and his temper, or I'd call security. And then he stormed off.

He ended up filing a complaint about me...all about how he asked me on his way out to the restroom if I would allow him to meet back up with his wife in line, and how I said "Oh of course!" and then when he got back I started screaming and cursing at him.

Luckily, my managers knew that wasn't like me, and I got my side of the story in...and I had a lovely bruise to back it up.

Oh, I forgot to mention....that happened on Christmas Day :xmas: :lol:

sublimesting

My brother did that too when we were little.
We had just gotten off of Snow White, and my sister and I were bawling cuz it scared us, so my parents were trying to calm us down. Meanwhile, my brother ran off and got his head stuck in the poles that used to be in front of the ride.
My parents have told us that story many times, and how they were trying to get him out as fast as they could cuz they thought that Child Services would take us away for it.
:lol:

Here's how to get a kid with his head stuck in a railing out: hold him up by his feet so he's upside down then have him tuck his head towards his chest. It's the ears going in reverse that stops them from coming out, so by holding them upside down you eliminate that problem.

WildLodgeFan

Here's how to get a kid with his head stuck in a railing out: hold him up by his feet so he's upside down then have him tuck his head towards his chest. It's the ears going in reverse that stops them from coming out, so by holding them upside down you eliminate that problem.

Okay, I have to ask - how do you know this tip?!? :)

fosse76

Although I personally worked for a larger agency, there are many smaller agencies where the calltaker is also the dispatcher and running their own NCIC. My hat was always off to the folks who worked this way. It amazed me. You are right in that telling a caller "someone will be there right away" is wrong because a calltaker has no clue what is actually going on out on the streets and if there will be a unit available to be in that caller's location right away. Promising what you don't know hangs you wide open for liability. I wouldn't necessarily say "call away" though because where I worked our biggest problem was always having enough warm bodies to work communications. The intense stress coupled with low pay and crappy treatment by the public and other divisions within the agency made it near impossible to keep people around long enough to train them much less ask them to work overtime. When our shifts were short that only spelled more stress for those who did show up. :hammer:

My favorite calls were the ones where "a cat is stuck in a tree". These folks are totally adamant that the cat is truly stuck. LOL! If logic wasn't accepted by these people generally the fix was the question, "Ma'am, when was the last time you saw a cat skeleton in a tree?" :shrug:

This reminds me of the 911 call a woman in California made because Burger King didn't give her the right hamburger. It's really funny:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/cops/burger.asp

hrcollectibles

Yeah, I guess anything is possible.....hmmm...why pirates? Not the most romantic ride.....but I'll add why? for now, so we have how and why? :lol:

And the Disney world pirates is such a short ride maybe he meant the one at Disneyland. I am thinking maybe he had VIP access after hours being the mega celebrity

Iknewagirlnamed

For the sake of subject changing, I'm going to share a "Did I really just see that...at Universal Studios???"

I'm working at the Jaws ride out at the Greeter position at the entrance of the attraction. Jaws breaks. I close off the line, letting the people in the line stay if they want to try and wait it out, but not letting any guests in, as is the policy.

About 15 minutes into the downtime, a man from Brazil and his 5-ish year old kid walk up to me, and try to get in line. I explain the situation, and tell him to try back with us later in the day. He gets really agitated, and tells me he was already in the line, but needed to take his child to the restroom.

I explain that, unfortunately, our policy is that if your entire party leaves the line during a downtime, you can't be let back in. I ask if he has somebody still in line, planning on making an exception for him and his child if he answered No. He brushes off my question and starts yelling at me, cursing at me, calling me all sorts of names. I don't really mind, all in a day's work, you know?

But then his kid starts full out SCREAMING at me in Portuguese. Like, red-faced, vein popping, uber temper tantrum mode screaming. And then he kicks me as hard as he can in the shin.

Anyways, I definitely was NOT expecting that, so I'm just like "Uh...don't kick me" to the kid...and then the dad starts screaming at me telling me not to tell his kid what to do. So I tell him to control his child and his temper, or I'd call security. And then he stormed off.

He ended up filing a complaint about me...all about how he asked me on his way out to the restroom if I would allow him to meet back up with his wife in line, and how I said "Oh of course!" and then when he got back I started screaming and cursing at him.

Luckily, my managers knew that wasn't like me, and I got my side of the story in...and I had a lovely bruise to back it up.

Oh, I forgot to mention....that happened on Christmas Day :xmas: :lol:
Holy f*)(&(^(^&^. I would have called security on them in a second. They assaulted you. End of story. I'm sorry this happened to you.

Katybug

I was watching a show in front of Cinderella's castle and saw this couple making out. :dazzle: All of the kids around were grossed out by it. FINALLY an elderly came over and asked if they could take that mess somewhere else if she wanted to see that she would have turned on mtv. Can you imagine this 75-80 year old woman saying this!! :ROFLOL:I laughed sooo hard at that.

WildLodgeFan

I was watching a show in front of Cinderella's castle and saw this couple making out. :dazzle: All of the kids around were grossed out by it. FINALLY an elderly came over and asked if they could take that mess somewhere else if she wanted to see that she would have turned on mtv. Can you imagine this 75-80 year old woman saying this!! :ROFLOL:I laughed sooo hard at that.

Classic! :lol:

eliezrah

I would have loved to have seen her say that!!

makonyy15

I know this has been dicussed plenty of times in various threads, but the thing I can't believe that are happening now more than ever (I'm in WDW currently) is flash photography. I understand if you take one or two pictures and the flash goes off by mistake, but in the past two days, on every dark ride that I've ridden, I've been bombarded with flashes throughout the entire attraction. The two worst had to be HM and SSE. Today on Spaceship Earth, we were stuck between a family with grandparents and a very very large tour group. The grandmother was taking multiple shots in every scene, before turning around and flashing my dad and I in the face. The tour group was no better, taking pictures of everything. At the top, the entire space scene was lighting up because of all the flashes. Then, on the way down, kids in the tour group started grabbing the light strands that are on either side at the beginning of the decent.

Another thing that I've noticed, is the amount of rude and unruly children around. I understand kids are little sometimes and don't understand what they're doing, but sometimes they should know better. I've been pushed aside by several little kids trying to get to the front of the line at various attractions. In some situations the parents have been extremely apologetic, and I shake it off and say no problem because I appreciate that they observed the situation and took the liberty to say sorry. Other times, the parents say nothing, but instead barge ahead with the kids and act if they did nothing wrong.

On a good note, every cast member I've encountered this trip has gone above and beyond the call of duty, which has really overshadowed the negative events.

The flash thing though:brick: It's just disrespectful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom